Tuesday, September 22, 2015

weekend highlights

We are still in weekend mode over here since Eric has a couple more days off work (he has to work this weekend) and making the most of our (most likely) last weekend as a family of 3 (since he has to work this coming weekend)! Side note: Eric thinks it's silly when I point out things like "this could be our last weekend as a family of 3" and I get where he's coming from... life will definitely change when baby boy is born, but that doesn't mean we will stop living life and having adventures! I just really want to make the most of this time with Mia while we can :) Anyway, I thought I'd share some of the highlights from our simple weekend!


Saturday was such a good day! I soaked up some girl time with Courtney and we indulged in pedi's/mani's! Eric and Mia had a date at Bass Pro Shops during that time and he sent me the cutest pictures of Mia climbing all over the 4 wheelers and rhinos, ha ha! She LOVED telling me about the bears and fish she saw! Luckily for Eric, Mia loves that stuff when I don't seem to have as much patience in those kinds of stores! We all met up for lunch at BJs and stuffed ourselves full of pizza and pizookies, yum! Such a good day with some of our favorite people!
Sunday was spent relaxing at home all day long, except for church of course! I love how peaceful this day has become for my little family! We can really reconnect and rejuvenate and feel ready to take on the new week! This will probably be how I survive life with two kids, ha ha!
Monday started bright and early as we dropped Mia off at Courtney's house to play while Eric and I had to go to the hospital for my procedure. I got the cutest pictures of Mia and Ryder destroying their house and playing dress up, oops! Ha ha! Mia and Ryder are the best of friends and I love their relationship!! Anyway, Eric and I went to the hospital for an EVC to flip baby boy, and we discovered that he was mostly head down! So my doctor was able to get him in position without doing the procedure... an answer to my prayers! More details to come but goodness, I feel so relieved! Now we are just praying he stays put until he's born! Any day now, baby!! I spent the rest of the day on my feet trying to induce labor (doctor's orders, ha ha!) and Eric went out for a guy's night with some people from work. I'm so glad he got some time to himself as well, and I'm definitely jealous of all the good food he ate ;) ha ha!
Oh how I wish the weekends could last forever!

10 comments:

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

YAY! So happy to hear baby boy was already mostly head down and you didn't have to get the procedure done! Amazing! Now he just needs to make his appearance! :) Glad to hear you had such a great weekend and that you're enjoying your Sunday family relaxing time!
<3, Pamela
Sequins & Sea Breezes

P!nky said...

So, so, glad he flipped and is mostly head down. God is good and hears prayers! I've been praying for and thinking of you the past few days. I totally understand your 'this could be the last as a family of 3', life obviously is going to change, but you've had a great time as a family of three so it's understandable to be nostalgic. I can't wait for lil boy to make his grand appearance, in healthy time of course.

Jenn said...

Oh girl Im SO glad to hear that baby boy did a little somersault in there! Woohoo!!!
So glad that you've been packing in these moments and making memories. Sure things will be different, but I think it's great that you're celebrating the last moments before life does change! :)

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

I'm so glad he flipped mostly on his own!! All those prayers for you did the trick I think!

Kristin said...

HOORAY! Baby boy flipped! That's SO awesome! I'm glad you had such a great weekend on top of that awesome news! :)

Kristin DiCristofano said...

Oh how I miss BJs and those pazookies! We used to go there almost every week when we lived in California. And I'm so glad to hear that baby boy flipped! I can't even imagine the relief you must feel. Can't wait to see your sweet boy!

BLovedBoston said...

SO happy that the's cooperating and listening to his mom already!! Can't wait to see what this little guy looks like! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

Jamie @ The Jamie's + 1 said...

So happy that sweet baby is listening to mommy and obeying already! ha!! So glad you got some relaxing time with a nice pedi!! Prayers sent to you and your sweet family for a easy delivery!!

Caroline @ Windy City Chic said...

That is GREAT news that you didn't have to do that procedure!! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend too!! :-)

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

Pizza and pizookies from BJs sounds amazing right now!!! My favorite dessert is a pizookie for sure! YAY for baby boy being head down, maybe it means he's making his debut soon!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!