Tuesday, September 29, 2015

ballet under the stars

We don't have much of a weekend review because Eric worked and I holed up at home with Mia and cleaned house, ha ha! But Friday night was such a fun, happy, magical night! Our neck of the woods hosted an outdoor ballet, lakeside! The best part was that the event was totally free! This was basically the only thing on my wishlist in September that I was hoping to experience with Mia before baby arrived, and I'm so glad we were able to go!

 My posture does NOT help the fact that I look like there's a full grown baby in my belly, ha ha!
I dressed Mia up like a little ballerina which she loved! She got to make a little wand and get her face painted. I wanted to sway her decision but in the end she was so set on getting "Ariel on my HEAD!" that I couldn't say no, ha ha! And oh how she loved her Ariel!! I let her pick which food truck we ate at (okay, she got a quesadilla and I got a waffle, of course she ate just as much of mine as hers, ha ha!) I was curious to see how she would sit for the ballet but once it started she was totally entranced! She started moving her arms around and narrating the dance for me :) After a couple songs Eric showed up and that made Mia's night complete! We ended up moving to the edge of the lawn (I just couldn't handle sitting) and Mia danced with her wand for the next hour! It was SO ADORABLE! Mia had the BEST night and I'm so glad we got to go!

21 comments:

P!nky said...

Oh my goodness, lil girl ballerinas are pretty much the cutest things in the world. Lil Mia is precious and I'm so glad y'all had a fun evening! I bet she was so adorable dancing!

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

What a cool event! Mia looks adorable in her ballerina getup! And love that she loved it so much, sounds like you have a prima ballerina on your hands! ;)
<3, Pamela
Sequins & Sea Breezes

sara [at] journey of doing said...

That is definitely a perfect night and totally my kind of event!! Love that Eric was able to make it at the end too!!

Emily said...

That sounds like the best way to see a ballet---outside by the water! I bet it was beautiful.

Jenn said...

That sounds like such a fun event! Mia looks absolutely ecstatic!! That smile of hers is infectious :)

Sara Holt said...

So glad you got to enjoy one last hooray with Mia before the little guy makes his appearance! That sounds like the perfect Mommy/ Daughter date. So wish we had something similar here in NC.

Jamie @ The Jamie's + 1 said...

So glad you got to enjoy a night out with Mia! Sounds like a great night!!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

Outdoor ballet? Lakeside? Free? Sounds like perfection!!! So glad baby boy has held on long enough for you guys to get to do that together! Mia looks SO happy!

Kelly Mock said...

This is definitely the sweetest! A night to remember!!!

According to Kiki said...

I used to love going to see ballets. My cousins both danced growing up so we always went! Such a cool end of summer thing! Heck yes to free kiddo activities! (:

elle jo said...

she is so cute in her ballerina outfit! Such a nice thing to do having a mama and daughter night :)

liz jo @ sundays with sophie

Caroline @ Windy City Chic said...

Sounds like a great night!! Mia looks SO cute in her ballerina outfit too!! :-) You look great too mama, hope that you are feeling good too!! :-)

Mandie said...

Oh oh, you might have to sign someone up for dance! I love it! :)

Chrissy@SimpleJoysBlog said...

Adorable, we plan on taking Elin to see the Nutcracker ballet this year!

Brittany said...

This sounds like the PERFECT last little date with your bestie before little man's arrival. I saw on Instagram that he made his appearance! CONGRATULATIONS, sweet friend! Can't wait to read more about him (and everyone)!

Unknown said...

So cute! Where was this? I would love to take Odette to the next one :)

Foxy's Domestic Side said...

cuteness overload! Love it!

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

What a sweet, sweet event. So glad you ladies were able to enjoy it!

Evelina said...

This is so cute! Sounds like she had a blast!

Angie said...

Awe that sounds so fun! I'm glad you all got to experience it :)

Jessie said...

Mia's cheesy smile. To die for! You both look adorable. Glad you got to go and spend time with your girl.

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!