Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Labor (free) Day weekend

Let me just start by saying that I wasn't expecting to go into labor over the weekend, but it would have been kind of fun to have a baby on Labor Day ;) Can you believe that we forgot it was Labor Day weekend?! Obviously we had no big plans (no reason to plan anything when we didn't even realize it was a holiday weekend, ha ha!) and while I loved seeing every one's camping/beach pictures, no more traveling for this 9 month preggo! Despite having no special plans, this weekend was so good for our little family, just what we needed! Time! We are soaking up this sweet time as a family of 3 as much as possible!
Her little face kills me! She'd already been down this slide multiple times, but the anticipation of hitting the water still got to her, ha!!
Eric and I were able to sneak in a date to the movies one last time before baby boy arrives! That was seriously only our 2nd date since moving to Arizona... we really need to find some babysitters on our side of the valley, ha ha! We went to Mia's first official friend birthday party (where Eric played hard with Mia and I sat around eating the whole time, bahaha!), went shopping, ate good food, relaxed, took naps each day, cleaned house, etc. There were times when Eric and I wanted to kill each other (in a loving way...I think of course!), or times when my body hurt so bad I couldn't do anything but sit or lay down, melt downs from exhaustion, etc. Our holiday weekend wasn't a glamorous one by any means, but the good moments, the simple moments of just spending time together far outweigh the rotten moments that snuck their way in! I feel so rejuvenated after our weekend of playing, relaxing and getting things done in preparation for the changes coming our way... My heart is full and it feels like I couldn't love Eric and Mia more if I tried! Maybe next Labor Day we will experience a glamorous weekend away, or get brave and go camping ;)

17 comments:

Jenn said...

OMG, I read the first few lines and was like "wait, did I miss something???" but then I kept reading haha. It looks like you guys had a seriously great Labor Day weekend (without the labor part!). Mia going down the water slide with Eric--melt my heart!!!!
Simple moments are for sure some of the best moments :)

Jamie @ The Jamie's + 1 said...

Glad you got some R&R! I was actually born on Labor Day, ha!! Love Mia on the giant whale!!

Hope @ Hope in a Blog said...

Here's to hoping the baby comes sooner than later!!!! But what a special weekend with just the three of you! xx

Cara said...

My sister in law had her baby this weekend so she did indeed labor on labor day! Your weekend looks fun and relaxing!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

Glad you guys had a relaxing and labor free weekend! Soak up those last few moments of family of 3 time :) I love that little water bounce house thing that Eric and Mia are on! Mason would LOVE that thing!

BLovedBoston said...

So happy that you guys were able to sneak in one final date night before little man arrives!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

Kelly Mock said...

Looks like a great weekend! Glad you got a date in before baby!

Marie said...

Looks like it was a super fun weekend. Glad you got to have a date night.

Jenuine Happiness said...

So glad to see you had a date night! Also, some relaxation has to be important right now. Good luck with everything!

hello erin said...

you kids definitely still managed to have a lot of fun!! keep on relaxing! that babe is going to be here before we all know it!

tina bumblebee said...

I'm glad you guys got to go on a date but sad it was only the 2nd time. You really do need to find some babysitters haha ESPECIALLY for once you have the two babies!!

Ashley Brickner said...

Keep on relaxing, you deserve it! Can't wait to hear the good news!

Shaunacey Bonneville said...

the best weekends (and long weekends) are the ones with no work!

Evelina said...

I can't believe you're already nine months!

According to Kiki said...

Kids and slides I swear. (; The looks on their little faces! Though it would have been very ironic to go into labor on "Labor" day, I'm glad you were able to squeeze one more date night in. I still remember our last date night before having my daughter like it was yesterday. Mostly because our server was so freaked out that I was just days away from being due. (;

Mandie said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing long weekend & just what you all needed before Baby Boy comes. :)

Brittany said...

Her little face on the whale kills me! PURE JOY AND ELATION. Oh, to be a kid again. Oh my gosh - having a baby on Labor Day would be hilarious. Maybe I'll try for that.

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!