Tuesday, September 1, 2015

take me out to the ball game

Another weekend for the books!! At the beginning of August Eric told me about daddy/daughter date night at the Arizona Diamondbacks baseball game, but he wanted to take both of his girls! How could we refuse?! We've been meaning to go see a game this season so this was the perfect opportunity to have some family fun! We ate our weight in junk food (and probably paid that much money for it, too, HA!) and while we totally regretted it not even half way through the game, it's just one of those things we had to indulge in since we never do this, ha ha! I'm still suffering with heart burn from that night ;) I'm sure Eric would have enjoyed being able to focus more on the game but in the end, the memories we made while eating, chasing Mia around and more eating were totally worth it! Mia crashed on the drive home so we quickly changed her into her pajamas when we got home. She woke up for a minute and fell right back to sleep with the biggest smile on her face and giggling. It doesn't get any better than that!! She's been talking about the baseball game ever since Saturday night :)

These two... such hard balls when it comes to taking their picture!
We are a weird bunch... but Mia doesn't seem to mind! Yet... ;)

Sunday was another perfect day of rest, with some reality thrown in there as well ;) We brought Mia in our bed when she woke up and hung out together until 9am, heaven! Eric painted Mia's nails (he's actually really good!) and I'm tellin' ya, that was the sweetest thing to witness! Plus their conversation? So cute! He really is the BEST dad! We went to church, took naps, avoided cooking and had a family movie night. Of course there was a melt down or two from Mia (too much fun and sugar all weekend long finally caught up to her!) and pregnant swollen feet, but you know, it all still made for a really great, relaxing Sunday!
Monday was another good day of working out, going out for lunch and getting things done around the house. It's so crazy to look at our to do list for the next couple weekends... it's all about getting ready for baby because he will be here before we know it! But we are definitely enjoying our time as a family of 3 and soaking up these weekends together. This is what life is all about!

13 comments:

P!nky said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend together as a family of three. Not too much longer and it will be a fun family of four, wow! Mia looks soooooo stinking cute with her slushie and I'm with you on indulging in bad ballpark food, that's just part of the experience!

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

What a fun weekend! That baseball game sounds like a blast! So sweet Eric painted Mia's nails, I bet she was in heaven! You gotta love daddies and their little girls together!
<3, Pamela
Sequins & Sea Breezes

Sara Holt said...

Such a fun weekend, girl! Can't wait for the day we can take Harper to a ball game. I'm sure she'll love it!

Jenn said...

Part of going to a baseball game IS eating your weight in junk food! So glad that you guys had a good time--such fun memories Miss Mia is getting to make! :)

Brittany said...

Aren't baseball games the perfect way to spend a summer evening? Indianapolis doesn't have a major league team, so I've been missing it ever since I moved here. It's unreal how much the food costs at games, though. So glad you've been soaking in this time as a family of three! The little one will be here before you know it!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

Love it!!! I'm so happy you guys got to go to the game! And it looks like it is an indoor stadium which is a super score since it's so hot in Arizona! I always hate sitting in the sun here - it's killer.
I love that first picture of them not smiling. Like father, like daughter? lol. But then it more than makes up for it with that picture of Mia and her icee! So glad you guys had such a good time!

Caroline @ Windy City Chic said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! Mia is adorable in her pink Red Sox shirt too. :-)

allison_cooley3@hotmail.comson said...

What a fun weekend. I want to paint Brylee's nails but I'm afraid she won't sit still long enough afterwards and I will have nail polish smears all over the house.

Foxy's Domestic Side said...

What a great weekend. I keep trying to get my husband to take my son to a baseball game, but so far he hasn't taken him. I think they would have a blast! I think Mia looks a lot like Eric, so cute together and him painting her nails, I die it's so cute.

BLovedBoston said...

How stinking cute does Mia look in her Red Sox shirt - I love it!! SO glad you guys were able to see a game!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Oh. Em. GEEEEEEEEE!!! That icee picture is totally my favorite!!!!! What a fun idea from the ballpark and what a great date night for all three (four) of you!!!

Evelina said...

Sporting event food is so expensive and I always spend way too much money on it too! I love that he painted Mia's nails. So sweet!

Mandie said...

Sounds like such a fun time. & my goodness, that Icee is almost as big as Mia! Tee hee!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!