Monday, September 21, 2015

38 weeks {babybrink#2}

Size of baby: baby boy is full grown! I would say that I'm so ready to have him (I'm so done being pregnant, ha ha!) but he is still breech so I'm nervous! I want him to stay in there as long as it takes for him to flip head down :) But he may never flip head down (in that case, I'm ready to have him, ha!)

Movement: this week I've really been able to pick out body parts with his movement, especially his head. His head is under my right ribs, bum towards my pelvis and feet in my left ribs. I can fill him stretch like he's trying to come out of my sides and I occasionally felt his head move down towards my hip bone like he was trying to flip, but never made it. There have been a couple of nights when I've woken up uncomfortable because I can feel myself laying on his head when I lay on my right side. It's really the weirdest thing to be able to feel his head just from how I'm laying!

Cravings: Again, no real cravings besides my usual peaches, chocolate chip cookies and ice cream, ha ha! Oh and shrimp tacos and a Dr Pepper from Cafe Rio sounded really good this last week, but we didn't have time to indulge. I wish our Cafe Rio offered shrimp tacos more days than just Saturdays, ha ha!

Random: I'm not as swollen as I was with Mia this time around! I didn't wear my wedding ring the last month or two of her pregnancy, and I felt like my face and ankles were in way worse shape than they are this time around. I wonder what the difference is?
I finally packed my hospital bag... procrastination at it's finest!
I am going to the hospital today to have the procedure done to try and flip baby boy. Prayers would be greatly appreciated!!

Best moment of the week: at my doctor appointment a few days ago (when I learned that baby boy is still breech :( darn!) we got to listen to baby boy's heart beat (of course) and I asked Mia what that sound was. She got SO EXCITED, "it's BABY BRUDDER! And he's comin' out of mom's belly, and...." she was so excited that she just kept rambling and I couldn't understand her. She thought it was time for him to come out and her excitement totally melted my heart! I can't WAIT for them to meet when he is born!! Any day now, baby!!

19 comments:

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

OMG girl I cannot believe you are so close to having your sweet baby boy! Hope all goes well at your appointment today and he gets safely flipped! Absolutely cannot wait to (virtually) meet your new little one!
<3, Pamela
Sequins & Sea Breezes

Jenn said...

Awww I love Mia's reaction to hearing the heartbeat! That's SO adorable!! Praying that things get turned around (literally) with little guy being breeched. Can't believe you'll have him in your arms SO SOON!!!

P!nky said...

Baby brudder, so sweet!!!! Sending you more prayers for the switcheroooooo! <3

Kelly Mock said...

I can't get over how close you are!!!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

SO CLOSE!!!! YAY! Cannot wait for you!!! Soak in these last sweet moments with sweet Mia! xo

Stephanie Pizza said...

I hope he flips!! Sending spinning vibes to baby boy!

lori said...

oh my goodness, that last part- mia talking about her brother coming, SO sweet. she's going to be the best big sister! sending prayers and positive vibes your way that your baby boy flips!

Tawnya Faust said...

Oh gosh, thinking about you and hoping everything goes well for you today! Flip baby boy flip!! I can't believe it's almost time for him to arrive! I can't wait to "meet" him! XO

According to Kiki said...

Mia is sooo ready! As I'm sure you are. (; Can't wait to watch this next chapter of your lives unfold. Feel like a ticking time bomb yet? (; Much love!

Kristin said...

Ahhhhh! SO CLOSE! You look so great! I cannot wait to "meet" your little man. <3

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Hoping things go well today! Flip flip flip! And then he can just go ahead and make his appearance after that!!

Anonymous said...

so soon! you look wonderful =]
xoxo Rebecca
rkush.blogspot.com

Caroline @ Windy City Chic said...

You look amazing!!! Praying for you today that your procedure goes well and that baby boy flips!! :-)

Brittany said...

You seriously look like a million bucks. I hope I look HALF as good as you do when I'm full-term one day! I'll be praying that the procedure goes well and everything is all set for little man to make his debut. I can't even imagine how excited Mia must be! That will be such a heart-melting experience when she finally gets to meet him. He's one lucky guy to have a big sister like that! Also, anyone who craves Dr. Pepper is a friend of mine. :)

Desiree Macke said...

You're thisclose!
And regardless of how Baby Brudder enters the world he will be perfect!

Whitney @ Work it Mommy said...

I am so excited for you and your family!!! Yay for baby month! I definitely agree with you that the second pregnancy is easier and makes you done with being pregnant faster lol.

Evelina said...

Good luck with the big flip! I hope he turns around for you. keep up posted!

Annette said...

You look amazing! So excited for you. It sounds like Mia will be meeting baby brudder soon!

Anonymous said...

YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!