Monday, September 28, 2015

39 weeks {babybrink#2}

Eric was working so Mia took my picture... not bad, ha ha!

Size of baby: a mini watermelon. Feels bigger than mini ;) ha ha! I'm so curious to find out how big he is, especially compared to Mia! She was 7 lbs and 19 1/2 inches!

Movement: he is most active at night but I feel his movements all day long. How can I not? I am convinced I've got the most active, fully grown babe ever, ha ha! He's really good at reassuring me though if I ever feel around for movement because I can't remember the last time I felt him (due to how crazy life gets and not paying close attention, not because he isn't moving).

Cravings: no real cravings. In fact, eating hasn't been the easiest this week. I mean, I'm not sick, I just feel blah and nothing ever sounds good.

Miss anything: ha ha. It's not that I want to wish time away, but I miss not being/feeling pregnant ;) This past week has definitely been the hardest as I'm the most uncomfortable and the fatigue has really set in! Mix that with my lack of wanting food but still needing to feed my body, taking care of my ever busy toddler and body pains.... I kind of miss feeling "normal" :)

Random: the swelling still isn't as bad this time around (compared to Mia's pregnancy) and I can still wear my wedding ring!
No stretch marks (for the time being).
At my appointment last Wednesday (so I was 38 1/2 weeks) I weighed just under 154.5 pounds. I weighed 160 the day I was induced with Mia (at 40 weeks and 4 days) which totaled a 40 pound weight gain. This just proves to me that bodies gain what they need to gain for pregnancy despite what the numbers "suggest" you should gain!
At my appointment we also discovered that I was dilated to a 3! That is crazy to me since baby had only been head down for 2 days at that point, and I wasn't even dilated to a 2 when I was induced with Mia, who was always head down and in position!
The contractions have been much more intense than I ever experienced with Mia and much more frequent, which I guess would explain why I'm dilating :)

Best moment of the week: going to my EVC appointment (to flip the baby) and finding out he was mostly head down! His hand was in the way (like he was doing a flying superman pose) so my doctor "scared" his hand away while doing my exam and his head slid into place! I can't even describe what a relief that was for me! I've been a little nervous all week that he would flip back to breech, but so far, so good! I do wear a girdle when I sleep and sometimes throughout the day to try and keep him in position and discourage him from flipping!

Be sure to follow along on Instagram to see when baby boy decides it's time to snuggle in my arms instead of my belly ;)

15 comments:

P!nky said...

WOW! 39 weeks! Baby boy is ALMOST HERE! I can't wait! SO glad he's in the right position. You know I"m waiting for the BABY IS HERE picture :)!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

I can't believe you are so close!!

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

Haha love that Mia took your pic, she did a good job but I thought it looked a little lower than usual! :) Sorry to hear you aren't really feeling the greatest. Luckily it's almost over and you can go back to feeling "normal" again soon! And the best part is baby boy is going to be here so soon! Yay! Hope he gets here soon for you!
<3, Pamela
Sequins & Sea Breezes

Emily said...

Sending prayers and all the happy thoughts for him to get here soon!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

YAY!!!! ONE WEEK! So excited for you!

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

Oh my goodness lady. 39 weeks?! So very exciting for you guys. Hope he arrives soon!

Kristin said...

Omigosh! Any time now!!! So, So, So excited for you! Can't wait to see the announcement that he is here!

allison_cooley3@hotmail.comson said...

I can't believe he can come any day now! How exciting! Ps Mia did a good job with the picture:)

'Tis Our Life Blog

Mandie said...

I think that lil Miss Mia did a great job with the picture taking! Good job, little lady! :)

Leslie @ This is For Keeps said...

So happy to hear he moved into place - great news! And I am so impressed with Mia's photography skills! Any day now... good luck! :)

According to Kiki said...

To think any day now he will be here! Very excited for you guys! If only I looked this good when I was 39 weeks! (; haha

Erin LFF said...

EEK!!! You look so great friend. Praying these last few days of pregnancy are easy and praying for a safe delivery! :)

Foxy's Domestic Side said...

Wow, I can't believe you are at 39 weeks! I predict he comes in the next few days! Before Friday for sure. I was 4cm at my 38 week appointment and doc said I'll probably see you in a couple of days, little did he know it was more a few hours! Just make sure you make it to the hospital! We almost didn't because I was like, oh she's not coming, it took 12 hours last time...yep, 2 hours the next time! Good luck lady!

Evelina said...

I'm so happy he flipped to be head down for you! Any day now!

Kimberly said...

Okay I want to say thank you for saying that about your weight gain! I haven't been as active this pregnancy as I was with Axel, but I've been trying to eat really healthy and I still just keep gaining! I'm on track to hit 40lb gain this time. Olivia was 50 and Axel was 30. I'm also convinced that when I have morning sickness all pregnancy long it's so much harder to watch my weight. Anyway, I know I've lost it before and I can lose it again! And we all know you're going to rock it!! :)

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!