Dress and Purse c/o Arden Store- Mia is saying little phrases that are constantly shocking me. I am always surprised at what she remembers hearing and she always repeats them at the right time (and when it's not the right time? It's too funny!) Little things like, "no problem!" or "holy cow!" or "I can't 'weive (believe) it" while burying her head in her hands, ha ha!
- She can count to twenty (I tried to teach her to count to thirty yesterday and she told me to stop talking around 29, ha ha!), knows her ABC's and has a few songs memorized! She also remembers certain Spanish words that Eric has taught her and uses them whenever she feels like it. My favorite is when she asks for "a'ua" instead of "water" It takes me a minute to remember that she's speaking a different language :)
- I feel like I've taken away a bit of her childhood by making her shower these days, but I just can't bend over to wash her down in the tub. Thankfully she loves showering and she will be back to baths after brother is born (but maybe not until he can bath with her?! She really likes showering and I really like that it only takes 2 minutes, ha ha!)
- Mia is very opinionated! Especially when it comes to her clothes, shoes and hair. She has a hairstylist for a mom but asks for a dang pony tail every. single day.
- She is the best listener and follows the rules like no other toddler I've ever seen, but lately she's testing the limits. She took a (washable, thank goodness) marker to our kitchen table, some of her toys, etc. I can't decide if she's "lashing out" due to the changes coming our way with the baby, or if this is a phase she was going to test out whether these big changes were coming or not.
- We are obsessed with Mia's big girl bed! I still can't believe how easy the transition was (like, there wasn't even a transition period!) She did fall out of her bed early one morning while sleeping and hit her head on the corner of the wood bed frame, so we bought one of those ugly guard rails to keep her safe!
- Mia gets sassier by the day and it's kind of terrifying, ha ha! At first I was blaming it on the pregnancy and changes she knows are coming... until a friend mentioned how the 3's are worse than the "terrible 2's"... that's when I realized that this won't go away once baby is born. Things just might get crazier until she turns 4?! I guess we'll find out :) She's still the sweetest ever, when she wants to be ;)
- Lately when she wants my attention, Mia will holler, "Courtney!" whether we are in public or at home. I immediately respond with, "what's my name?!" and she looks at me like duh mom as she replies, "mommy!" ha ha!
- She still wears mainly 2T clothing, but her clothing sizes range from 12 month - 3T. Size 6 shoes. Size 5 diapers. The cute girls at my doctor office weighed Mia and she weighs 28 pounds!
We are just obsessed with this girl and love that she's ours forever!