Wednesday, September 23, 2015

falling in love with Fall

We've enjoyed cloudy, stormy weather the last couple of days here in Arizona that brought cooler temperatures and a little tease of Fall weather (that is already quickly disappearing as we will hit 106 degrees this weekend!) and it's been heavenly! Mia and I busted out the Fall/Halloween decorations a week ago, Fall scents, etc and we are happy to welcome the Fall season on today's official first day of Fall! I am definitely homesick for Utah right now because Fall is such a beautiful season there! The crisp air, changing leaves, fun festivities, etc. So I thought it would be fun to throw it back to some of our Fall adventures in the past (while I'm day dreaming of Fall arriving in Arizona...)

Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving point when I was pregnant with Mia!
 
It doesn't get any cuter than Gardner's Village during Halloween time... especially with best friends!
 
Of course we had to take Mia back to Cornbelly's once she was out of my belly ;)

The first days of boot weather and playing at a farm with friends (and being photobombed by said friends, ha!)

Drives up the canyon to check out the gorgeous leaves. Cedar Canyon has some of the prettiest views and I will miss it this year!

Going to Mia's (and my) first ever pumpkin patch! Hoping to do this in Arizona!

Painting pumpkins (naked because it's still warm enough of in the sun, but nothing is more refreshing than that cool breeze!) Mia was obsessed with this!

And of course carving pumpkins (naked again. Obviously I'm crazy and don't like her clothes to get dirty, ha!) She LOVED doing this with Eric and I loved watching them! She's already asked to carve pumpkins with dad again this year!

THE BEST PART... dressing up and going Trick or Treating! Mia was a lady bug her first Halloween, a witch her second... and she picked her costume for her third Halloween :) Can't wait to she her and baby brother off!

Oh Fall, we have the fondest memories of you! I hope you'll show up in Arizona... eventually! Linking up with Pinky!

18 comments:

P!nky said...

Love this post, lady. Y'all know how to do fall right! I love the pictures of Mia carving her pumpkin, so stinking precious. And she is sooooo sweet in her Halloween costume!!! Thanks so much for linking up with us! <3 you!

Jamie @ The Jamie's + 1 said...

LOVE FALL!!! Jealous you have already started decorating!! I can't wait to decorate my house!! :)

Jenn said...

So many cute photos and awesome memories! Love it!
Link up with Jessi and I today, too! :)

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Aww I'm glad she picked her costume this year! I loved that Aria did randomly last year. I didn't think she'd care. So far this year she's wanted to be EVERYTHING. Can't make up her mind. At least you can still have fall candles and decorations when the weather is 106...

Unknown said...

These pictures are so adorable!! Mia is so teeny tiny in them :) I'm really hoping fall comes here sooner rather than later!!

Emily said...

I know, it's so hot here in Texas still that I can't imagine what fall really feels like yet. But I'm ready for it! Eventually...ha. I'm sure Mia's costume will be SO adorable!

Brittany said...

Fall is the absolute best and I LOVED this walk down memory lane. I remember seeing some of these memories on your blog the first time! :) Any excuse to see baby Mia pictures, right? I have a feeling this fall will be your favorite one yet - even in the Arizona heat! Can't wait to see the Halloween costumes!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

Mason loved all the pumpkins in this post and kept pointing to them. I asked if he wanted to go to the pumpkin patch this weekend and he said YEAH! So needless to say, I'll have lots of shorts and t-shirt pictures for you from the pumpkin patch this weekend! (ps its supposed to be 96 here this weekend - fall where are you??)

Erin LFF said...

So many cute photos/memories!!! :) I love her painting the pumpkins looking too cool for school with those sunglasses on hehe ;)

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

106 this weekend.... what the heck man! Gosh I am sorry girl.

I just adore the fall photos. It is just the happiest time of the year.

Caroline @ Windy City Chic said...

Oh my gosh, picture # 4!!! Mia is SOOO cute in her little boots!!!! Love the others too, but that one is my favorite. Hope that you are feeling good too lady!!! Sending hugs!!! :-)

Suget said...

We need to plan a Fall get together soon Courtney!!
I am excited for this time of the year, because its sooo much cooler... well I live in the mountains, hey you guys should come out here at the peak of Fall!!

Whitney @ Work it Mommy said...

Ladybug costumes have my heart; Kinsey had a ladybug first birthday and now Brielana is going to wear it on Halloween!

Katie Elizabeth said...

Aww, Mia is so adorable! Love that last picture of the three of you! There is nothing cuter than kids in their Halloween costumes :) Hoping you get to partake in some of your favorite fall activities in AZ!! Thanks for linking up!

Laura Darling said...

So fun to look back! I hope the fall weather arrives soon and you guys have a great season!!

allison_cooley3@hotmail.comson said...

I love fall and can't wait to go to the pumpkin patch! Brylee picked up a mini pumpkin tonight at the grocery store and wouldn't put it down!

'Tis Our Life Blog

According to Kiki said...

I feel like this year my daughter will actually want to "carve" a pumpkin with us. Or she will be really grossed out? Who knows, can't wait though! (:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure exactly where you guys live in AZ, but if you're not to far away you should try out Schnepf farms for Halloween! They have a chili cook out, carnival games, pig races, a roller coaster, pumpkin patch, train ride, and so many fun things to do! AZ's not too bad in the fall if you know where to look. ;)

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!