Tuesday, September 15, 2015

a shooter, children's museum & nesting

Another weekend came and went way too quickly! Once again, we are soaking up our time as a family of 3 before life changes forever for our little family! We spent the whole weekend at home (besides running errands, going to the gym, swimming, etc) in total nesting mode! Eric is seriously super husband!! He's helping me clean the house from top to bottom and prep for baby boy's arrival (the car seat is in our jeep now, crazy!!) and I could not be more grateful for his help on his precious days off!
This picture is my fave! The air would blast Mia in the face each time she tried to shove the material in and this was her reaction every time :)
Mia absolutely loved the weekend with us even though we didn't have any special plans this time, but she and I met our cousins at the Phoenix Children's Museum while Eric was at work Friday and had the funnest time! This was the only time I took pictures all weekend long (which Eric loved, I'm sure!) It was so fun to watch Mia run around with her cousins and play with all the toys! This day also marked a momentous milestone in Mia's eyes.... ha ha! She got to use scissors for the first time in the art room, something she's been dying to do forever, and something I've avoided like the plague! Mia has watched me cut hair her whole life and I've tried to teach her that scissors are off limits because I can imagine how fun she would think it is to play "hairstylist" on herself... and you bet I will cry actual tears the day Mia cuts her own hair! Anyway, I suppose I'll just have to do my best to teach Mia how to use scissors (without cutting her fingers) and teach her that she ONLY cuts paper and ONLY when mom or dad are there to supervise, ha ha! It took all that was in me to pry the scissors from her little fingers to move on to another part of the museum :) She LOVED the scissors!
The only downer part of the weekend was our drive to the museum. We passed a group of police men on the side of the freeway, wearing bullet proof vests and crouched below the cement barrier, scoping a building with binoculars. UGH! Why must there be psychos who find joy in shooting random vehicles on the freeway?! (Why must there be psychos in this world intent on destroying lives?) I hope they catch the maniacs who are disrupting the freeway peace here in the Phoenix valley... as if traveling on the freeway isn't stressful enough!

22 comments:

Jenn said...

She looked like she had an absolute blast!! :)

Caroline @ Windy City Chic said...

Love these photos!! That one that is your favorite is mine too!! Her hair!! Haha. Glad that you guys had a fun time!! :-)

Sara Holt said...

Ahh I love the children's museum. Almost as much as Harper does (; Love how excited Mia looks.

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Oh my! So cute!!! That's so scary about the shooter - glad you all are safe!! I really don't understand what goes through people's heads!!

Shaunacey Bonneville said...

she looks like she had a blast!! Almost babytime!!

Unknown said...

I know, isn't that crazy on the I-10? I still can't even believe it! The phoenix children's museum is one of our favorites! The noodle forest and grocery store were Odette's favorites last time!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

I was so worried when you said shooter in your title for this post! Glad nothing actually happened to you but I heard about all the crazy shootings on the freeway in Arizona. Stay safe!
Oh and ps I've totally been to that kids museum and its the best!!! We visited Seth's cousins in Scottsdale a couple years and we all went there one afternoon :) Glad you guys had fun!

Erin LFF said...

That first picture is seriously the BEST! Children's museums are always so awesome- I still love them myself! hehe :)

allison_cooley3@hotmail.comson said...

We haven't used a scissors over here yet neither. I was totally thinking of you guys when I heard about the shooter on the news. People are crazy. Now it's flooding in that area too. Hope you guys are safe!

BLovedBoston said...

There are so many crazy people in the world stay safe girl!! Mia is too darn cute and I'm sure she loves being a big girl and using scissors and stuff!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

Kelly Mock said...

Looks like a great time! Love her!

Brittany said...

I seriously couldn't believe it when I read about the freeway shooter(s)? in Phoenix. How scary is that?! A trip to the Children's Museum is probably the best idea for some fun for Mia before her little brother makes his debut. It's actually really sweet that she wants to play with scissors - she wants to be like her mommy!

elle jo said...

I love Children's Museums!! Kyle and I went to one for our anniversary with sophie.

And I'm incredibly sorry to hear about the freeway shooters, I agree with you, why can't people like that just not exist...golly gosh, where people come up with this.

liz jo @ sundays with sophie

Nina Robinson said...

Mia is adorable! This just reminded me that we need to check out our local children's museum. Especially since you guys had so much fun there!

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

I used to cut all my barbies hair growing up......thankfully I never went after my own hair! I love her little pigtails!

Karina Marie Powell said...

UMMM nesting like CRAZY over here and we just put the car seat in last night - JUST GOT REAL! freaking out for you - and mia is just as cute as ever.

hello erin said...

i know for a fact that lex at some point in her toddler life will give herself a hair cut. . . or maybe give her sister one. and i'll cry like a little baby. because i cant even imagine the damage that shall be done ;)

Evelina said...

She is so cute! And kids with scissors definitely give me anxiety lol. What kind of jeep do you have? We are looking at upgrading to an SUV once we have a baby and I love Jeeps! Is yours good for car seats?

Tawnya Faust said...

Ohh toddlers giving themselves haircuts.... that stresses me out! I can't even bring myself to get Scarlett's hair cut professionally LOL. and highway shooters? What the heck is wrong with people?!

According to Kiki said...

Well that's absolutely terrifying! I'm glad you and your family were safe in that situation. We actually had something throw a rock off of a bridge onto the freeway and it went through a car windshield and almost killed a local teacher. It made national news last year, so you may have heard about it. She is ok, but has to wear a helmet and suffered severe brain damage from it. People are insane....

Glad you guys had an awesome day regardless! I never cut my own hair as a child, but my sister did. I still remember how frantic my mom was.

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

Oh those Mia faces are just the best! Glad you had so much fun. You should probably keep all the scissors on lock down now huh?!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

WE went to that museum when we were in Phoenix last year! Audrey loved it! Can't wait to take the kids there this year!

Countdown is on for you guys!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!