Friday, September 4, 2015

insta-life

We finally introduced her to nightgowns... How will I ever get her to wear anything else? Like ever?! (And why didn't these pretty things exist when I was a little girl?! Obsessed!!) Mia twirled in her new nightgown, said "pretty girl!" then threw herself in my arms for the biggest "thank you" hug ever... Melt my heart!!

We live for family fun days!

Big sister is already trying to swipe baby brother's stuff (including dad's hat because, "I need ma hat, mom!" Eric has just as much influence on her as I do) Eric is so excited about this jersey & he couldn't resist trying it on Mia... In return she said, "baby brudder won't like it. It fits ME!" Sorry sis- belly shirts aren't allowed, ha ha!

Things I'm loving about this photo, despite all its imperfections: The bump (but kind of over it at the same time, if you know what I mean). My hubs (who is cheesin' it hardcore for the photographer). The photographer (who happens to be 2 1/2. It's been a fun week letting Mia take some pictures on my phone). We're feeling all the feels over meeting baby boy soon: excited, nervous, anxious... EXCITED!

 Mia LOVES my doctor appointments! She tells me it's because we get to hear baby brother's heartbeat... but I suspect it's actually because the nurses love her & she has them wrapped around her fingers, ha! She walked in the room, climbed onto the table and said, "it's Mia's turn!" before I set my purse down, ha ha! But she did have a huge smile on her face when we listened to baby's heartbeat!

Little moments I don't want to forget:: the way she says "I ho'd you?!" when she wants to be held.
 How obsessed she is with swords (this actually stresses me out because she plays HARD! Trying hard to find the balance between teaching her to avoid hurting others and just letting her play #helicoptermomalert) She is the perfect mix of girly girl and tomboy!  
Listening to her exclaim "my back hurts!" or "my belly's growin'!" She must hangout with her pregnant momma all the time, ha! It's been the sweetest thing to see how in tune she is with this pregnancy... and how hard she tries to convince us that baby brother is actually in HER belly!

Family date night at the ball game!

So, crazy thought.... there is a real possibility that September could be baby month. AH!! We be soaking up these last weeks as a family of three (and spoiling Mia rotten in the process) so follow along @courtbrink to see all the fun! And I'll be honest and tell you right now, Instagram will be the first to know when baby brother arrives so if nothing else, be sure to follow along when we finally introduce him to the world for the first time!

16 comments:

P!nky said...

I LOVED nightgowns as a lil girl and had sooooo many. We had matching ones for Christmas, so cute. Mia is fabulous and so precious at the doctor's appointment. And ' i hold you' be still my lil heart, she is so adorable!

Jenn said...

So so so so so much cuteness! Love the pic of you and your loverrrr too ;)

birdie to be said...

Great pics! Love the fun pool pic and love your floral shift dress. You two are matching well together! Happy Friday!

BLovedBoston said...

I know it doesn't feel like it to you, but I swear it feels like your pregnancy has flown by!! I dont think Mia can be any sweeter! Hope you have the best weekend doll! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

Marie said...

Oh that Ariel nightgown is too cute. Where did you get it? My bestie's little girl would love that.

Jenuine Happiness said...

Ah, I adore nightgowns! We used to wear them all the time. So sweet. Hope you continue to feel well :)

Caroline @ Windy City Chic said...

That nightgown is super cute. I remember wearing like floral 80s disaster nightgowns haha. Anyway, I hope that you have a wonderful weekend and I can't believe that you are SO close to having your baby!! :-) I'll be thinking of you and praying for you!!

According to Kiki said...

Officially following you on Instagram! Little Mia is so adorable! Enjoy these last few weeks! They are going to FLY! Many blessings and thoughts on your last few weeks of pregnancy. (:

Ashley Brickner said...

That nightgown! She is precious! And you are sooooo close!

Mandie said...

Do they have that Ariel nightgown in my size?! I want it! Ha!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

I love that your doctor is so sweet and let's Mia put on the blood pressure pump thing. So cute! She must be so excited every time you go there. Probably because you're checking on mommy and baby brother and not her. Poor Mason is always so happy when we go to the doctor until the doctor comes in! lol

Whitney @ Work it Mommy said...

You're in for it now, nightgowns are the ultimate in sleep wear (and play wear) over here! So pretty!!!

Rachel Zimm said...

What a sweet photo of you in the blue dress and Mia in pink!!
She is going to be such a good big sister! :)

Evelina said...

She looks like such a big girl in that jersey and hat! Well, maybe minus the diaper lol. Happy maybebaby month!

sara [at] journey of doing said...

These pictures are so cute!! I love the MIA-isms! She has so much sass and personality, but she's also so so so sweet!!

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

Once they go night gowns they NEVER want to go back.... just sayin, you've been warned ;). She's ADORABLE :).

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!