Wednesday, October 3, 2012

weekend review

Cotton candy and a texas twister lemonade... what more could a kid want (including me and the hubs because we definitely haven't grown up, ha)?
Car show time!
Is there anything better? LOVE Cafe Rio!

Want to know what I've been up to this past week and a half? Babysitting! And I've been having the best time doing it :) (Thank heavens these kids are angels... the last thing I need is birth control considering I'm already knocked up.... ha ha!) Life has been hectic with me working at the salon while the kids are school, homework, sports and other after school activities, meals, etc. But Saturday we had a free day and Eric even got to come hangout with us! I thought it would be fun to go to Swiss Days and indulge in some junk food (but somehow I only got a few sips of the Texas twister lemonade and that's it. How do I always miss out on the junk food at these events?) and go to the car show. 2 car shows, 2 weeks in a row.... Eric is a lucky man! We ended the day with Cafe Rio and I was a happy girl! It really couldn't have been a more perfect day. Actually..... if it had been 15 degrees cooler it would've been absolutely perfect :) Almost 7 1/2 months pregnant and almost 100 degree weather doesn't quite mix. But I was so happy to be able to spend the day with my hubs and the kids. I'm just feeling so happy and blessed these days!

P.S. One more week of this crazy, hectic schedule then I will be back, blog land! I miss you all and can't wait to catch up on your blogs!

23 comments:

Our Journey Through This Lovely Life said...

Yummm Cotton Candy! You look so cute! Love your purple top! What a fun weekend!

jessica said...

dang that texas twister lemonade looks preeeety good! and i am totes jealous you got to go to a car show (twice)..seriously! sounds like yall had fun!

Carlie said...

Ah I love Cafe Rio! I can't wait to have it this weekend when I am back in Utah!
Sounds like your getting some real good experience about what it will be like to be a mom to several kids! How fun!

Chelsea said...

Oh man! I miss Cafe Rio!!! Sooo yumm!

J and A said...

Such a fun time! And everything looks and sounds yummy. You are looking so cute, love your top on you.

Kelsi Strong said...

Look at your cute tummy!! And I'm loving that top. I'm kind of dying to buy some new outfits to fit the bump appearing.

Ashley said...

What a fun weekend! That Cafe Rio foods looks ah-mazing. Yum yum.

Unknown said...

you know what is so great about having kids, you get to act like a kid! sure you have to "grow up" but you get to still play, be silly, have fun and it is totally okay. or my favorite. talking to yourself at a store or something and you can just act like you are talking to your kid. i do this all the time.

looks like a great weekend! have another great week! i hope the weather cools down for you too!

Pamela said...

Awwww, your belly! Precious! That Mexican looks delcious!

Alexis Kaye said...

you still look so cute!!!!! How do you do it?! Are you still in all your normal clothes!?

Shay said...

You are looking SO CUTE, Courtney! And to answer your question of what is better than Cafe Rio? COSTA VIDA;-)

Suget said...

What a great weekend. That food looks so yummy.
AWE your tummy is too cute!!

Katie Did What said...

Look at you!!!! Your bump is the cutest thing ever! :) And that burrito is making me hungry, and I JUST ate, so thanks a lot for that ;)
xo

Kyndra Johnson said...

Those Texas Twisters are delicious!! We got them on the 4th of July.

Liesl said...

Can I please get some of that burrito right now...please?!? Looks like a lovely weekend and you look beautiful! :)

Brittany said...

Texas twister tea and cafe rio...double yum!! Rio is one of the main things I miss about UT!

That Girl said...

Babysitting is such good practice for you!

That Girl said...

Babysitting is such good practice for you!

Mel said...

That lemonade looks SO good!!! They don't have stuff like that over here in Germany and I literally start drooling when looking at pictures ;)

I know that most pregnant women can't stand hearing this....but you and your belly just look so so pretty and awesome! Still so happy for you :)

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

What a fun weekend....I love seeing you and your cute baby belly!! These pics are GREAT!

Kell said...

Ah.. how fun! And now my mouth is definitely watering thanks to the Cafe Rio picture. I miss it!

ajs {of MN} said...

YUM, i want one of those HUGE lemonades!

Janna Renee said...

That's cool that you get to babysit! I'm sure it's a lot with you still being at the salon, but that's a good kind of "a lot". I used to nanny and work another job too. We miss you in blogland too!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!