Thursday, October 4, 2012

29 weeks

picture taken at 29 weeks.... right on time for once :)

- The exhaustion is back and it hit me like a ton of bricks this last week! I don't know if it's because I'm babysitting and I'm busy before the sun comes up until long after it's gone down... but it's killing me! I want the 2nd trimester energy back :)

- I have heartburn almost every day. So fun.

- I'm still going to spin classes 2-3 times a week and trying to do other little exercises in between. It's been hard to be motivated with the extreme exhaustion though. 

- Baby girl has permanently made the left side of my ribs her home... or punching/kicking bag. I finally discovered that's the reason for my daily rib pain! Little stinker :)

- We have baby girl's crib and dresser set up! Those are the only things we have for her nursery so far. In fact... those are the only things we've bought! Other than a few adorable gifts from sweet friends, baby girl really hasn't got much to her name. We need to work on that! I can't keep up with how quickly time is flying!!

- This week marks the start of our deep cleaning! Or should I say.... it marks the start for Eric to start deep cleaning? Ha ha! I plan on helping him but I'm out of town babysitting kids for now ;) It's all just hitting me this week that we need to kick our rears in gear and get ready for baby girl to take over our world! 

- Since I'm out of town, Eric and I have been talking on the phone each night and one night he was missing baby girl so he asked me to hold the phone up to my belly. I turned the volume all the way up and he just kind of rambled to her and guess what? I felt my belly go rock hard right underneath the phone. She totally scooted as close to the phone as she could because she heard his voice! It's crazy how much those two have bonded!! (I know that story sounds crazy... but it's so true!)

- We love baby girl so much!! We can't wait to meet her... but obviously we have a few things to get in order before we want her to make her arrival :)

35 comments:

Amy said...

very fun photo, love the yellow!

xoxo, Amy

Jenna Grace said...

You're getting close! So exciting. Hope you find time to rest up- good luck to Eric with the cleaning ;)

My Happily Ever After said...

You look so pretty!!! :) You are getting close If you go at 37 weeks like I have done you will be having a baby in 8 weeks!!! That is so soon! I love getting to 30 weeks I feel like time goes by a little faster. People love buying for little girls so I am sure you will be getting more before she comes
Can't wait to see you guys!! Love you!

Alexis Kaye said...

you guys are goign to make such great parents! And I am SOOO excited to see the daddy daughter relationship. I just think that's the cutest thing. Also, my baby girl has made the right side of my ribs her home. Haha, it's like me complete each other!

Brittany said...

You look beautiful!! Love that Baby Girl and Daddy are bonding!

Chelsea said...

I'm so happy for you! You are almost there pretty lady! xoxo

Jana Faith said...

You are such a cute pregnant lady! Love the anecdotes about your pregnancy but my favorite is the story about your girl and her daddy. That's so sweet!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

oh my gosh! The story about Eric talking on the phone? The SWEETEST story ever!! My goodness!!!!!!!!! She is going to love hearing that one day. You are BEAUTIFUL as always my sweet friend! xoxoxo

Deveny said...

Uh oh - got daddy wrapped around her little finger already! :)

Karina Marie Powell said...

You look darling! Hang in there! Almost there! xo

Tiffany said...

Looking good! Bet you are getting more and more excited every moment.

Amanda said...

You are adorable! I love that outfit. Yellow is definitely a great color for you :) cute! cute! cute!

Kell said...

You look so beautiful as usual! You're a champ for exercising like that.. if I was exhausted like that, I'd be in bed sleeping all the time!

Natalie said...

You look great! Kudos for being active during your pregnancy. I'd love to tell you the exhaustion and heartburn will ease, but it didn't for me until my son was born. Then I lost the heartburn, but kept the exhaustion!

Jessica M. said...

I love reading all about you and your baby girl. It's so cute how her and Eric have bonded so well!! :)

Kim Bird said...

I love that your bump is showing

Gentri said...

I'm such a bad friend. i'm so sorry I never found a time for us to get together. :( Miss you! You look gorgeous and are going to be such a great mom. :) Do you have a name for her yet?

Mel said...

oh, that story with the phone is just too cute! There really is something about a father+baby relationship that just melts the heart. Can't wait to see the pictures and hear the stories about those two when she is here.

heartburn all the time? No Fun! :-/ hope that gets better soon. Same with the exhaustion.

Jennifer said...

So beautiful! Even though I didn't have a relaxing pregnancy (never had that burst of energy), I miss it.

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

A good trick for a heartburn quick fix is snacking on pretzels. Don't know why, but it works!

Julie said...

Look at you pretty lady - I can't believe you're that far along! :)

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, you're beautiful Court!! Seriously, pregnancy looks good on you ;) And your baby daddy talking over the phone to lil girl... sooo so sweet!!

Ashley said...

Awwww, she loves her mommy and daddy already! That's cute how she responds to Eric's voice... even over the phone. I hope you share some nursery pictures when you get closer to having it set up (: You look great too by the way.

Carlie said...

You are so pretty! Pregnancy definitely looks good on you!

That is so sweet about the phone and Eric. It will be amazing to see them together when she is here!

Kylie said...

It really is cruel that you're so tired when you're pregnant and you don't sleep all that well, and then you welcome a screaming baby into the world who messes with your sleep even more. I know you're busy, but nap as much as you can now, haha! And what a sweet story about Eric & baby girl. Precious.

Antoinette Musik said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Love this outfit on you. The weather must be still so warm where you are. I'm already in my winter clothes!
I can totally relate to the rib kicking thing except mine is on the right side. As much as I LOVE feeling my baby girls movements I wish she wouldn't kick my ribs as its so painful!

Megan said...

GIRL!! You look SO gorgeous!!! You are glowing and jsut look SO happy!! LOVE IT!!

Can't wait to see pics of the nursery!!! :) Have a great weekend!!

Holly said...

That is way too cute about Eric and the phone!

That Girl said...

I hope your energy comes back up soon!

Unknown said...

Only 11 weeks left!! It's crazy. I've been 'gone' for so long and so much has happened!!!

You look fabulous!

Janna Renee said...

That is so stinkin' cute!! I love how intune you and Eric are, which only makes sense that he and baby girl would be too <3 Absolutely amazing.

lori said...

you look amazing, little mama! i cant believe youre still going to spin... i went last night, and it gave the non-preggo me a swift kick in the rear!

and i love the story about eric talking to baby girl- SO SWEET!!

J and A said...

You look so great! Nice work on still going to spin class!!

Shay said...

I love that you are staying so active- your post-baby body will love you for it;-)

Stephanie said...

You look great...I love your skirt! That's awesome you are still doing spin class!!!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!