Wednesday, October 17, 2012

parmesan chicken {a recipe}


Well, it's official. I suck at taking pictures of food. I don't know how people have mastered the art of taking mouth-watering pictures of food, because I took like 20 pictures and they're all horrible! Oh well :)


Parmesan Chicken

Chicken (I use chicken tenders)
Butter (Or plain yogurt for a healthier version)
Ritz or Saltine crackers (I use ritz because they are easier to smash and I feel like they stick to the chicken a little easier.)
Parmesan cheese

Melt butter in a bowl big enough for dipping. While butter is melting, crush crackers into tiny pieces. Mix equal parts crushed crackers and parmesan cheese in another bowl big enough for dipping. Dip thawed chicken first in butter, then in the parmesan mixture. Lay on cookie sheet and bake in oven for 25 minutes at 350. (If you use chicken breast you will need to bake 35-45 minutes.) 

I got this recipe from my mom and I love it! It's a super easy dinner and Eric requests it all the time! Definitely a recipe I plan to keep around forever :)

22 comments:

Randi said...

That's one of my FAVORITE recipes! try it sometime with mayo instead of butter... sounds weird, but SO good! :)

Carlie said...

Yum! Sounds easy and delicious!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! I love recipes that don't have 16 ingredients that I don't carry at my house :) Butter, ritz, chicken & cheese. Perfect!

Christy said...

I do similar recipes. For Honey Crusted Chicken I dip it in honey and then in either smashed saltines or Panko, mixed with some paprika. For Italian baked chicken I dip it in creamy italian dressing (I prefer Parmesan dressing, but it's harder to find...you can also use an egg instead) and then in Italian breadcrumbs. All SO good and so easy! Thanks for sharing! :)

Pamela said...

YUM!!

Venassa said...

It sounds so simple that even I might try it sometime soon.

Unknown said...

i couldn't take a good picture of food if my life depended on it! hahaha..

this looks really yummy!!! i'm gonna have to make it like right now! YUM!!

The Olive Tree Blog said...

taking photos of food is really hard! Looks yummy though!

Eryka said...

Mmm I will have to try! :)

Brittany said...

Yummmm! Definitely gonna try this one!

Alisha said...

Brandon loves my chicken parmesan recipe too! I make mine with mayonnaise instead of butter though. Ah-maz-ing!! Your picture looks great :)

Happy Wednesday! xo

Julie said...

Oh I wish I had that picture magic too!

Eesh said...

It look so good! I think I shall try :)

And about the photos, just keep practicing...try different angles. Turn the camera side ways! That's what I do...

xx

Jenna Grace said...

Yum! I have all of these ingredients. My hubby thanks you in advance ;)

Alyx said...

om nom nom get in mah bellay!!! That sounds/looks absolutely delicious.

That Girl said...

I am equally awful at food pictures. And that's most of what my blog is!

kyna... said...

Ummmm...YUM!!
♥ Kyna

Haley said...

um, YUM. I've been in a recipe rut! I know what's for dinner tonight! And with my little man, I've always got ritz crackers on hand. ;)

Michelle said...

Making this ASAP! I'm drooling over here!

Janna Renee said...

Oooh I want to try this with Panko bread crumbs!

Meganhlev said...

Oh I wish I had that picture magic too!

Brenda Brown said...

Oooh I want to try this with Panko bread crumbs!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!