Tuesday, October 30, 2012

baby showers {and accessory question!}

The soon to be first time grandma!
It blows my mind how people take the time to make these adorable diaper cakes! So nice!
We all know how I love me some ruffle bums!! 
My grandma, soon to be first time great grandma, sewed baby girl's first quilt!

I know, I know.... this is like the 5th baby post in a row (but I can't be sure, and I'm not going back to count because I'm already typing with one hand and holding my beloved hot chocolate in the other.... ha!) but I'm not sorry! Baby girl is what's on my mind lately, so that's what I'm talkin' about :)
I just have to say that I am blessed with incredible friends and family!! Don't ask me how I got so lucky... It's been SO fun to see everyone be so excited about baby girl! Good heck, she is one spoiled baby already. And she has way cuter clothes than I do! But she deserves it :) (And so do I, Eric. Once I can buy normal clothes again... right? I deserve cute clothes again, RIGHT?!) 
It just makes our hearts so full to see how people are so giving to our baby, and how much love they have for our tiny family. Eric and I could not be more grateful!! So thank you to our amazing friends and family! (And don't worry my blog friends.... you guys have made me cry more than once.... but you get your own post!) 
And just in case you're wondering... I wrap every single gift back up so that Eric can reopen them. Sounds silly but he LOVES it! And I love watching his reaction every time. He already melts and baby girl ain't even here yet :)

P.S. Can you tell as the weeks go by that my hair gets slicked back a bit tighter each time? Yeah... I'm about ready to shave it off and shred all of my clothes. That's where my irritability level is at these days :)
P.P.S. Baby girl needs headbands and bows! LOTS of them... ha ha. I'm on the hunt for skinny headbands in every color but I have to do all of my shopping online because our tiny town sucks and has no shopping options. What are your favorite stores/etsy shops for headbands and bows? I need specifics because I'm the worst online shopper ever!

39 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Looks like she is racking up in the cute department!!
I'm lucky that my Mom makes bows!! So we won't be hurting for any -- anytime soon :)

Amira said...

I love that you wrap them all back up for the hubs to open!! :-) I'm so excited for you guys!

Erin said...

Sooo excited for you, Courtney! Your lil princess is just going to be the most loved baby on the planet!! ;)

Brittany said...

Looks like baby girl got tons of great stuff! What a beautiful quilt that your grandma made!

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a great shower!!! your so cute preggo!!

Karen Hall said...

I have TONS of bows (mostly skinny ones, some bigger ones) that my daughter refuses to wear - I'd be happy to pass them on!

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

Aww, love all THE PINK!!! love that blanket great grandma made. Lots of love went into that;)

Jessica M. said...

That quilt is gorgeous! My grandma crochets blankets for all of your grandchildren and great grandchildren.

Courtney B said...

@Karen Hall
I can't get to your blog or email but are you serious?? I'd love to take those off your hands! Email me for price and stuff. And thank you SO much!

Marli said...

What a cute and fabulous shower!! And you are just too adorable...you and your baby bump. :) I hope you are well, Courtney.

xo
purposelyathome.blogspot.com

Megan said...

Lots of pink! I love it!! I know that Hobby Lobby has lots of headbands and bows. I see them all the time when I go in there. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yours is really cute and congrats on your daughter!

Kylie said...

Bloomie's Handmade has some super cute stuff, and it's pretty reasonable prices. She's having a giveaway on instagram right now, too. @bloomieshandmade

Ashley said...

Now you know I have no advice about headbands/bows because I'm a boy mom, BUT if I ever have a girl, she WILL have those ruffle bum onesies!!

My grandma made Charlie and Walker a blanket. I love them so much!!

Chelsea said...

I agree about girls and headbands! No, we love the baby posts. Keep em coming girl! What a fun and pretty shower!

Anonymous said...

Cute Shower!!!!! Congrats on being pregnant and bringing a cute girl to your lives! I am excited for when we start our own little family too!!! Excited to be your new blog friend!

Xo. Nicole
madeoutofrealthings.com

Kendra L. said...

Fun showers! Ok, if I were having a baby girl, these are 2 websites I have pinned: http://www.girlscrochetheadbands.com/headbands/elastic-headbands

http://alwaysunderpay.com/headbands

You can get a lot for cheap! Hope those help. Check them out, they have way more cute stuff too! Also do you have a Quilted Bear in your area? Those usually have some cute stuff in the little boutiques. Good luck!

Karla said...

The quilt!! How adorable! And wow woman.. you're a lucky one so many baby showers!

lori said...

looks like you got some really cute stuff! i love that scale... i can just imagine the photo opportunities :) and i love a ruffle bum, too!

Laura Darling said...

You look so happy! And that quilt is beautiful! So thoughtful that she spent so much time and put so much love into it! What a keepsake!

Katrin said...

Aww, so cute! So many great gifts! You have fantastic friends and family!

Julie said...

Did your little lady get her very first black dress out of the party? Cute quilt also! :)

kyna... said...

Looks like you got some adorable stuff hon!
♥ Kyna

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

Dang. we take fantastic photos, don't we?

Girl, I'm so glad I got to give baby girl a baby boy gift bag & card, it's one of the highlights of my year.

I'm so excited for her to be here, so excited.

Ashley said...

Those adorable diaper cakes amaze me too! Looks like baby girl got some great things. I love the ruffle bum outfits too... so cute. You look so happy... I have a hard time believing you'd like to shave your head and shred your clothes. (:

Courtney said...

Aw you are the cutest thing ever! Is that a chocolate fountain i spotted in the backround? YUM

Alyx said...

Looks like it was a great shower!!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Baby Girl is really racking up!! I love baby posts...so keep 'em up! :) I love your hair slicked back....in fact, I love it ANY way, you beautiful little mama!! And that quilt is so pretty!! You will treasure that FOREVER!

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

I just had my baby shower too! Love the diaper cake and the quilt! So beautiful.

That Girl said...

I adore diaper cakes - so cute!

Keri said...

I've been MIA for a LOOOONG time...but I just gotta tell you...you are ADORABLE!! :)

Antoinette Musik said...

Wow!! looks like you got some amazing pressies for your baby girl!! What awesome friends you have throwing such an amazing baby shower for you.

Take a look at this fab online shop for baby hair accessories

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MaisysBoutique?ref=seller_info

Holly said...

What a cute baby shower! I love the quilt and the ruffle bums! :)

Megan said...

Love the ruffle bum!! And I will have to give you the name of a few shops that I have ordered from off Etsy! Loved them all!!

eliz said...

First your hair looks great!! what a beautiful quilt for your girl...:-)

Megan said...

Jameson Mornor (etsy shop) has SO SO many GREAT options for headbands and bows! Check out their FB and Instagram, they ALWAYS have great specials and deals!

I also love One Little Monkey (etsy shop) check out her fb page too because she runs lots of deals and specials as well! Her shop just reopened, she jus had a little boy!

Also, LOVE Target for NB headbands! They come in packs of 3 and 4 and are pretty in expensive! :)

Megan said...

Ooops! Was supposed to say Jameson Monroe! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh my gosh! It looks like it was a wonderful shower. You got some great gifts!!! I love that quilt!

Lisamarie said...

Is that my friend Shaylynn?

Jean said...

love that quilt! especially love that it's made from family! :)

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!