Sunday, December 14, 2014

weekend miracles

Gosh, this weekend was a good one! I can't even describe the love and appreciation I have for Eric and Mia... we try so hard to make the best of our time together and it totally paid off this weekend! I am feeling so rejuvenated and my heart is SO full! Here's some of our highlights:
Not the best picture of us and you can't really see my stinkin' cute outfit (if I say so myself) but I even pulled out the heels for this rare date night :)
  • Friday night was kind of a Christmas miracle... we got a babysitter (and her hubs, ha!) to watch Mia while Eric and I went out to dinner AND a movie! Say whaaaaa?! We haven't done that since Mia was born! Eric and I stuffed our faces with pizza then we finally watched Mocking Jay. We had such a good time and it was the best feeling coming home to a sleeping Mia!
  • Saturday morning was a busy one while we got our workouts in (piyo was a killer... it doesn't help that I haven't been in over a month) then Mia and I went to a birthday party. It was a fun, busy morning for Mia!
  • Mia caught a short nap in the car while we drove south to go shopping! It was kind of a mad house everywhere we went but I had so much fun! Eric and Mia really are the best to shop with (Eric often out shops me!) and I got so much crossed off my Christmas to-do list! What a relief!
  • We met up with my younger brother and went to see the Christmas lights at the Temple and listen to the nativity! It was a beautiful night but unfortunately I don't know how to work my camera to get a really good picture of the lights... someone sign me up for a class or photography tutor, ha!


  • After church on Sunday my parents stopped by for a visit. Even though Mia got out of taking a nap the whole day, we had fun together!
  • Sunday night we went to our church building where they had a beautiful display of nativities from around the world... I was so excited to show Mia the different baby Jesus' until we saw the line to get in. With it being so close to Mia's bed time (and Eric's, ha!) I knew there was no way that she would make it through the line, especially since she skipped a nap. I'm sad we didn't get to see it, but when we got home Eric popped some popcorn and we watched a few minutes of a Christmas movie together and the night ended up being great!
I am feeling so spoiled to have enjoyed the best date night with my man, and then turn around and have the BEST family day with my people! Miracles, I tell ya! The sweetest miracles I could as for :)

22 comments:

Sydney @ Raising Southern Grace said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Isn't it great to reconnect like that?
Sydney
http://raisingsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

Jamie @ The Jamie's + 1 said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!! And a date night.... jealous!

P!nky said...

Hooray, I love hearing about wonderful weekends! I'm so glad that you and Eric were able to get a date night, that's sooooo important. I bet the lights were beautiful!

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

Glad you guys got a dinner and a movie date night without Mia! How fun! Glad you had a great weekend girl!!

<3, Pamela
Sequins & Sea Breezes

Jenn said...

So glad that you got to have a little date night, just the two of you--much deserved! :)
Looks like it was a wonderful weekend!! And I bet Mia has lots of memories from it to carry with her! Love it!!

Life As You Live It said...

Sounds like SUCH A fun and exciting weekend! There's nothing better than movies and pizza with the one you love!

~Dawn~ said...

Such a perfect weekend!! Quality family time is the absolute best!

The Siberian American said...

Yay, I am so glad you got a date night. You look so pretty. :) Sounds like a fun weekend!

tina bumblebee said...

Ohhh dinner AND a movie?! Lucky you!! Glad you had such a great time :)

She's a big star said...

Awww, so glad you had such a perfect weekend with your loves... that's definitely what's most important this holiday season!

Caroline @ Windy City Chic said...

Sounds like a fab weekend! I'm glad that you had a lot of fun and got a date night in. :-) Seeing the lights and different nativities sounds so nice too. I hope that you are having a good day so far too. :-)

Jessie said...

So happy your December is shaping up to be not only busy but very fun and family oriented. I love that you called your precious family time a miracle. Yay for date nights!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

That is fabulous. I can't take lights pictures to save my life either. Popcorn and a movie sounds great, and even better dinner and a movie date!!! We can sneak off for a movie date pretty often but both is trickier!! Sounds so good ha.

Aspen Kelty Marie said...

What a fun and busy week!!!!! I kind of love the busyness of the holidays!

15 Week Bumpdate

Makeover With Aspen

Christy said...

We did the same thing for our first movie date night, post-baby! Ate way too much food and saw Mockingjay. :) It was pretty awesome getting to do something like that again.

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

Sounds heavenly!! Why is finding a sitter so hard haha?! Good for you girl, you deserve such an awesome weekend.

Desiree Macke said...

Your weekend was perfect! I honestly can't remember the last time the hubs and I had a date night that included dinner AND a movie. So glad you two were able to get out and enjoy some quality time together.

Carol said...

I need a photography class too girl! I feel like my blog pics are so inadequate compared to others. Yay for a night out! I loved Mockingjay! Can't wait for part 2!

Amanda {Tickled Pink} said...

Aw!!! So glad you had such a beautiful weekend! Moments like that really are rejuvenating!!!

Annette said...

What a fun weekend! Date nights are definitely special! (Oh, I need photography classes too! How do you get Christmas lights to not look blurry?)

meandmr.com said...

Looks like such a wonderful weekend!
Melanie @ meandmr.com

Hall Around Texas said...

I can so relate! We had one of those really good weekends, too!!! I am so glad that you did as well. Love the pictures! And, I need a photography class too! ha.

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!