Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

No one told me where to look, ha! At least Eric and Mia are smiling good!
I couldn't even fit everyone in to the photo! So much family. So much food. So much happiness!
headband c/o Her Joyful Studio bracelet c/o Poppy Lane and Co
Feast your eyes on 18 1/2 pies (someone couldn't wait to dig in, HA!)

We spent Thanksgiving with the Brinkerhoff's this year and we couldn't have asked for a better holiday break with them! We got to visit with family that we don't get to see often (including meeting 2 exchange students from China who are in Utah for college), the food was finger lickin' good and the dessert was oh SO delish! You see... Eric's family has this thing where they shoot for having more pies than adults. This was a pretty small Thanksgiving with only 18 1/2 pies (and yes, they outnumbered the adults!) so you can imagine how crazy it gets when more family are able to make it! To be honest, I'm not even sure why they bother with the traditional meal when all anyone really wants is the pie, ha ha! I'm not even kidding! Much to every one's dismay, I really don't care for pie! Give me a slice of lemon meringue and I'm good. But this year I got to have my lemon meringue, some raspberry chocolate cheesecake that was too die for, and a heath/Dulce De Leche concoction that I've craved every day since! My belly was all kinds of happy :)
My favorite part of the holiday weekend was soaking up our time with family. It's always the BEST when Eric has work off (we haven't been able to enjoy a long holiday break in years!) and Mia and I couldn't get enough! Spending quality time with my little family + Eric's family is just what we needed! I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!
I had to leave you with one outtake :) It's always an adventure trying to get a family photo!

25 comments:

P!nky said...

Your pictures are fabulous, as always, sweet friend. Love lil Mia bugs dress, so pretty.

Those pies look amazing and delicious, too! Dulce De Leche, music to my tummy, haha!

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

Jenn said...

Having so many family and friends that they can't all fit into a picture is a good problem to have! So glad to see that you had a nice Thanksgiving break! :)

Stacy G said...

That is quite a dessert table! Love Mia's outfit and her bow is amazing! xo

BLovedBoston said...

Holy pies!! Sounds like it was the perfect Thanksgiving and even though you're not looking in the camera in that first photo - it's a great picture!! I love how cute Mia looks making sure she gets every last bit of food!

~Dawn~ said...

Oh my goodness...the PIES!! haha I want a slice of each please!! :)

Jess Scott said...

What a perfect Thanksgiving! And, those pies....YUM! I'm so glad you got to spend some time with family!

Jamie @ The Jamie's + 1 said...

MY MOUTH IS WATERING!!! Next year I am spending Thanksgiving with your family!!

Ashley Brickner said...

That dessert table!!!!! OMG! And you guys are as cute as ever!!! XO

Laura Marie Keenan said...

Oh my, that dessert table looks divine! And isn't it fun trying to get a good family picture with a toddler?! We bribe with chocolate...always chocolate!

Anonymous said...

Wooooow I'm drooling over all those pies!! YUM!

Anonymous said...

OMG all those pies!! I don't even like pies that much and those all look delicious! Love that first picture of y'all!

Sarah said...

OMG that dessert table, yum! I think we need to start a new tradition in our family! So happy that you had a great Thanksgiving with your little family and Eric's family. Fun.

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

I love that headband!!! I totally need to send that to my sister for her kiddos!

17 Perth said...

Okay so I haven't been 'here" in a while. Crazy how big Mia is getting! She is adorable!! And I am with Amanda--love the headband. I think Eliza needs one! :)

Erin LFF said...

SO. MANY. PIES!!! Yum yum yum! :) Love the family photos and that you guys got to spend a holiday together!

Life Happens said...

That dessert table looks devine!! I think I gained 5 lbs just looking at it. And the cute out take picture!

Hall Around Texas said...

Looks like y'all had a great Thanksgiving! I love the 18 1/2 pies!!! We didn't have very many pies this year! You three are too cute!

Brittany said...

I can't deal with that pie picture. Sign me up for your family Thanksgiving next year.

hello erin said...

can we talk about how mia grew up overnight?! i swear she's looking way way more toddler these days :)

Desiree Macke said...

Oh my - Mia is all kinds of adorable! That little headband is the cutest!
And, who needs a Thanksgiving dinner when there's alllllll that pie! I'd skip the meal and head straight for a slice. :)

Unknown said...

Y'all are so cute! I don't think we have a single picture from Thanksgiving with everyone looking at the right camera haha!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

Sign me up for your Thanksgiving next year! Holy moly. I am all about all those pies. Dessert is my favorite part of the meal!

meandmr.com said...

So many pies! It looks like there is enough for each person to eat 2 pies! It looks like such a wonderful thanksgiving!
Melanie @ meandmr.com

Karina Marie Powell said...

Cutest fam. Mia always looks so darling in her little girly clothes. If I'm every lucky enough to have a girl, I'm pretty sure she will be dressed like Mia! Lemon Meringue is my favorite! I'm not huge on pie either but I love that one!

sara [at] journey of doing said...

I'm coming to your house for thanksgiving. EIGHTEEN PIES?! That's a good way to go...

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!