I am totally posting this a day early... can you believe Mia will be 2 TOMORROW?! Fastest two years of our life! Also the happiest, silliest, craziest and love-filled two years of our life... all thanks to Mia!
- I say this every month but Mia's vocabulary has totally exploded! A week ago she started spitting out sentences. Whaaaat?! We were walking up to a restaurant when I sang a silly made up song, then Eric repeated the song. Mia started laughing and said, "I like dat song!" About an hour later we took her to see some bunnies and she was ecstatic! She kept squealing over the "bunnnnies!" As we were leaving Mia looked at us with a huge smile on her face and said "I love bunnies!"
She also says, "I need help", "I want one", "Let's do it again", "I want to pway" (play), "Where did it go?"
- She mimics almost every word that comes out of our mouths, but here are the ones she has learned that I remembered to write down: "rock", "dirdy" (dirty), "catch", "doll", "chicken", "watch", "'gurt" (yogurt), "church", "Missy Mouse" (Mickey Mouse), "moccs", "smew" (smell), "Danta!" (Santa), "boots", "ho ho ho", "candy cane", "pncake" (pancake), "roll", "all better!", "socks", "babies Jes-us" (baby Jesus), "Memmy Chs" (Merry Christmas), "star".
- Mia perfect the somersault all by herself on November 20th (so the day she turned 23 months)!
- She loves to make animal noises! Her favorites are the horse, dog, cat, cow and owl. She thinks it's especially hilarious if Eric and I make the noises with her.
- One super exciting milestone was when she peed on the potty for the first time on November 29th! She did it twice that day! She usually pees each night before the tub now, but that's about it. We're okay with it though... we just got rid of her binky a month ago so we aren't in a hurry to push her into another major change. Yet ;)
- I think we've seen the last of her hour naps. For the past couple weeks or so, Mia has been waking up at the 2 hour nap. Oh how I miss that last hour of "me" time ;) ha ha!
- Mia can open our pantry door. It's the only door in the house she can open, and probably the one door I wish she couldn't open, ha ha! She loves to play in the pantry but she's really awesome at putting everything back and not getting into anything she's not supposed to!
- One day I told Mia, "let's get dressed!" so she ran into her room and came back with a dress. HA! I thought that was adorable!
- Mia and I were sitting on the couch one night when I had to scold her about something. She gave me some major attitude as she chewed me out in gibberish then she said, "Be nice! Okay?! Be nice!!" with the head shake attitude and all, HA! And so it begins.... (Also, I'm dying over the fact that she was probably copying exactly how I talk to her, ah!)
- She still wears size 12 month-24 month clothing and fits in size 5 shoes.
- I found a pack of size 4 diapers we never used so she wears 4 and 5 size diapers :)
Mia girl, you are SO much fun! We love watching your personality grow each day! Just when we think you've reached the max on the fun scale, you shock us the next day with all the fun and silliness you bring to our family! I wish you weren't growing so fast but Eric and I will tell you this for the rest of your life... "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be!" We can't wait to celebrate your birthday tomorrow, love bug!