Why yes, this caramel apple does deserve it's very own picture. YUM!
Am I the only one who feels like Friday doesn't really count as the weekend? We rarely cash in on any Friday night fun and this Friday was no different. After putting Mia to bed I watched some Gilmore Girls (so happy it's on Netflix!) until Eric got home. But the rest of our weekend totally made up for it! Here are our highlights (let's be real though... alone time and Gilmore Girls can totally count as a highlight, HA!)
- Eric's family came into town on Saturday and it was SO fun to have visitors! The main reason they came was for my nephew's wrestling tournament... I honestly couldn't (or is it could?) care less for wrestling but it was SO fun to support my nephew and watch him compete :)
- We went out to lunch and did some shopping with the family as well. Mia didn't even get a nap all day but she had no time to be grouchy about it because she was having so much fun with her cousins! It really was a perfect day spent with family!!
- Saturday night we went all out for a date night.... at home ;) We picked up the latest Transformers from the Red Box (which was a total let down! I dunno what the deal is, but we keep liking each one less than the last!) and indulged in a gourmet apple my friend made. Holy delish! That is seriously the best caramel apple I've ever had!
- Sunday started out real rocky as we had a health scare with my mom. All is well now but goodness, it really brought everything into perspective again. It made me that much more grateful for the happy moments we experience, and the wonderful families we have been blessed with. Prayers for her swift healing would be appreciated!
- Sunday evening couldn't have been more perfect with Eric and Mia. We decorated a gingerbread train kit that Mia picked out and Grandma B spoiled her with :) Then Eric popped some popcorn and we watched America's Funniest Home Videos. Most of the stuff is so ridiculous on that show, but it's hilarious to hear Mia give her courtesy laughs when we laugh. She is such a character :)