Monday, December 22, 2014

Mia's 2nd Birthday bash!

Saturday, December 20th we went to lunch with Eric's family. I was explaining Mia's age to the cashier when I said, "She's o... um, two years old?" Ah! I have a 2 year old now! I'm still having the hardest time wrapping my head around that fact! But we had a perfect day partying and celebrating all day Saturday!
garland c/o Her Joyful Studio
Her face, ha ha! She is so annoyed that she can't just dig in to her cupcake already! 
When we brought Mia downstairs the morning of her birthday, she was so surprised to find a slide and a pool full of balls that was just for her! She would have skipped breakfast and played all morning if we let her... pure joy! We were going to make her a fun breakfast until I realized how much junk she would be eating the rest of the day... so eggs with spinach, blueberries and raspberries it was! Luckily dad saved the day and made her birthday breakfast super special by adding whipped cream to the berries! She kept saying, "Oh nummy! Mo' cook-ies?!" ha!
When Eric's family got into town we ate lunch at Cafe Rio. Mia was so excited to have grandma and poppa AND her cousins here! We attempted a nap after lunch and I have to give Mia credit for laying in bed long enough for me to think she went to sleep. But all the excitement kept her from taking a real nap so we let her open her gift from grandma and poppa. A CAR!! Mia loves it so much that she jumped in the bucket seat as soon as it was out of the box and hardly got out for Eric to put it together, ha ha! She talks about the car non stop!
Once my family arrived we sang Happy Birthday to Mia, she (and Eric) blew out the candles then dug in! A little side note on the decor and refreshments... I wanted to keep it super simple this year so I didn't do much with decor, mainly because I'm not crafty and Mia really doesn't care, but luckily Her Joyful Studio saved the day and sent us that gorgeous garland! Bet you didn't know she makes garlands/banners aside from pretty hair accessories ;) Anyway, Eric and I hung the garland and tissue poms (they have blue sparkles!) that I made the night before her birthday and when Mia walked into the kitchen Saturday morning she instantly stopped, pointed and said," Ooooh, pwetty!" Success :) We had a hot chocolate bar complete with flavored creamers, marshmallows and whipped cream, cupcakes, and peppermint puppy chow. Everyone, including Mia, really seemed to love it (unless they were just being really nice, ha!) so I plan on keeping it simple like this each year :) Party planning just ain't my thang!
Mia loved all the attention she got as friends stopped by to celebrate with us! She knew just what to do with the presents and seriously LOVED everything she got! Mia was spoiled so good! Eric and I can't get enough of watching her play with all her new toys. One of my favorite things she has been doing all weekend is playing "run" with her new baby and stroller my parents got her. Yesterday morning she picked up her baby, looked at me and asked, "run?" I smiled and nodded then watched as she threw her baby in the stroller, grabbed the tiny blanket and put it on her, then took her for a "run" around the house! She does it every time she sees the stroller now and it cracks me up! All of my hard effort to live a healthy lifestyle is sure paying off when I get to watch my daughter do the same thing with her baby that I do with mine ;) Anyway, we seriously had so much fun celebrating Mia... I kind of wish it could be her birthday every month (except for the aging part, of course! I wouldn't mind if she'd stop growing so fast!)

33 comments:

Jamie @ The Jamie's + 1 said...

It looks like you all had an amazing day!! My little boy got a car for his 2nd birthday too... his still loves it!!! Happy Birthday again sweet Mia!!!

P!nky said...

Those pictures are amazing, I loved seeing the sneak peeks this weekend. LOVE the slide into the ball pit, too cute! Simple parties are just as amazing as super big parties, good for you for not stressing!

Allison said...

I love how special you made the day for her. I want to slide into a ball pit for my birthday. Haha. Or maybe I'll just save this idea for Aiden down the road!! :)

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

Aww happy birthday Mia!! Glad you guys had a great weekend and it looks like she had a blast celebrating!! A slide into a ball bit is any kids fantasy! Heck, I even want to slide down it! :)

<3, Pamela
Sequins & Sea Breezes

Heather Leigh_A beautiful ministry said...

awww happy Bday to your sweet Mia!! hard to believe our girls are 2!!

Chrissy@SimpleJoysBlog said...

She looked like she was having such a blast at her party and on her new slide. Love the ball pit!! So fun!

BLovedBoston said...

How fun!! Such a perfect day for Mia and you guys too!! Love her face when she just wanted to eat her cupcake LOL! She has the cutest smile!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

Carol said...

How fun! I love the slide with the ball pit and the hot chocolate bar sounds delightful! Happy Birthday Mia!

Ashley Brickner said...

Love it - everything looks like so much fun & most importantly, mia looks so happy!!!!! Happy birthday mia!!

Elle Sees said...

awww happy birthday, cutie!!

tina bumblebee said...

Aw how cute!!!! The slide into the ball pit idea is SO AWESOME! Happy birthday Mia!

Dee Stephens said...

Happy Day Mia! She looks so cute! I did a party but b/c 2 people gave me all the decorations!

Tawnya Faust said...

Aww!! This looks like the best birthday ever! Scarlett would freak if she came down to a pool full of balls and a slide!! SO Much fun! xo

Sydney @ Raising Southern Grace said...

Happy Birthday big girl!
Sydney
http://raisingsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love that slide! Rae would have freaked too! and it turned out so special, happy birthday Mia :)

Linh said...

Time moves so fast with them! Marli just turned 21 months and I cannot believe it either :) Looks like she has a wonderful time and LOVE that slide idea!
Linh
http://abeautifulrawr.com

Traci@TheHallway said...

What a perfect day!!!

Brittany said...

Her little face while playing on the slide! SO SWEET! I'm glad she had an awesome birthday and how cool is it that she learned going for a run with HER baby in the stroller? You're setting a wonderful example!

Suget said...

So sweet! She is a lucky lil lady (:. Happy 2nd Birthday (ALREADY!) Mia

Julie said...

Happy birthday to your princess. I love her ball pit :)

Jessie said...

What an absolutely perfect day! Isn't it so fun--the little things they notice and LOVE? Happy Birthday to Mia! Dec 20th is a special day, here at our house too. Also, her hair... I've never seen such a great cut on a two year old!

Caroline @ Windy City Chic said...

Oh my gosh, that second picture is precious. Those decorations are so cute and they look great. Sounds like you all had a nice time too, I'm so glad! Hope that you are having a good day today too. :-)

Emily said...

Awwww...She looks SO happy in the first picture. Sounds and looks like a GREAT birthday for Mia!

Brettni Brumfield said...

Happy Birthday, Mia!!!

meandmr.com said...

Looks like such a fun birthday party!
Melanie @ meandmr.com

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

Such a wonderful simple celebration focusing on the most important thing! Mia! Great job mama

Kayla Dolen said...

Liam's Girl gets cuter and cuter!!!!! ;)

Lisa said...

Hi! I found you via the Blog Love Project. But also, I have a 2 year old as well! Has she hit her terrible two's yet? She's adorable! It's nice to meet you. Cant wait to read through some other posts. :-)

Annette said...

Happy birthday to Mia!! I can't believe she's two. How cute that she's already pretending to be you! Enjoy this sweet, sweet age :)

Unknown said...

Oh my stars - that little girl! A ball pit! That is a brilliant idea. :) Awh. Happy two years of mommyhood, lady. You and your wonderful husband have done such an amazing job with Mia. Congratulations! <3

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

Sounds like the perfect day!! Mia looks so happy (except while waiting to dig in to her cupcake lol) and looks like she had the best day. Happy birthday sweet TWO year old Mia!

Anonymous said...

i wonder if i could convince joe to set up an inflatable pool full of balls for me to slide into for my 28th birthday?

zerry ht said...

Ummm!! She is so adorable. I just loved her dress, and look at her expressions which are amazing. Well I have decided to book a nice banquet halls in Chicago for first birthday party of my son.

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!