Tuesday, December 9, 2014

currently

Mia's bow c/o Her Joyful Studio
Loving: sweet, sweet Christmas time! I probably sound like a broken record but this is all so much fun again having Mia! Seeing this holiday through a child's eye (again. being an adult is so lame sometimes!) brings me back to what Christmas is truly about. What a beautiful season! Oh and have I mentioned that it's Mia's birthday month?! So much excitement in our home!!

Reading/Watching: You know me, I'm not reading anything new myself, HA! But we've pulled out all of Mia's Christmas books and it's so fun to read those with her. She especially loves pointing out all of the animals in them :)
Eric and I are finally catching up on Once Upon a Time on Netflix! When it's just me? You know I'm soaking up all the Gilmore Girls I can! How cute is Stars Hollow? I wish my town was more charming like that!

Trying to: finish up all of my Christmas shopping. Why, oh whyyyyy do I wait until the last minute?

Wishing: that we had all the answers... but then life would be pretty boring. But seriously, we are in total limbo right now and the anticipation is killing me. I don't even have any hints to give because I'm that clueless about our future right now. I'm craving the feeling of knowing we are ready to settle. I would love to buy a home and make it our own, and have a yard and a garage. Oh how I miss having a garage :) Hopefully we will get some answers soon!

Excited for: the fun I have planned this week. 2 girls nights AND a date night with my man? I have been in desperate need of a night out and suddenly I have 3 in a row?! I'll take it!!

Tell me what's going on in your lives right now! I do my best to keep up with my blog stalking but it's impossible to keep track of everyone (wish I was super woman!). Leave your link in the comments if you have a post talking about life lately so that I can be sure to catch up :)

21 comments:

Jenn said...

I LOVE that you're enjoying reading Christmas stories to Mia! I've heard that it's extra fun to experience all of the new things through your children and I can imagine everything related to the holidays is extra special!
You're right..sometimes it would be nice to have all the answers, but life would be a lot less interesting!
Happy Tuesday!

P!nky said...

Love that picture, as always!

Good luck with your Christmas shopping, I know you'll rock it out lady, as always!

I feel you on wanting to know where things are going. Limbo is annoying, a lil direction is always helpful, right! Praying for ya!

Jamie @ The Jamie's + 1 said...

We are doing the 25 books of Christmas!! I let Nicklas pick one new Christmas book every night and we read it! He is loving it. You are right... having a little one at Christmas makes me feel young again! Loving it!

tina bumblebee said...

3 nights out in a row sounds FABULOUS. I am jealous! That photo looks like it's from a magazine!

BLovedBoston said...

i really wish I didn't jet through gilmore girls as fast as I did...i need something new to watch on netflix!! You have such a fun week ahead girl!

Kelly Mock said...

Sooo agree about Gilmore Girls! Also OMG I am last minute shopping too! So much left to do!

Jess Scott said...

I am loving Christmas books with Cam...this is such a fun age!! I started my Christmas shopping too long ago...I keep buying, and I don't know why! I think I will wait next year!! Haha :)

Becky Goerend said...

What fun that you have time girls outings and a date! I have a couple of those coming up, and they're much needed at this busy time of year! Hoping you'll get some answers and be out of limbo soon!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

Hoping you find the answers you need soon! I HATE HATE HATE being in limbo about anything. (I also HATE but LOVE surprises too lol. I love them once I know what they are and I hate not knowing!). I'm with you... would LOVE to have a house and a yard and a garage! It's SO hard to find places to store everything when you don't have a garage. We just bought Mason a bike for Christmas (and my sister in law got him a kitchen and I'm sure he will get tons of other big things) and we have no where to put it! Not that that stopped me from getting it lol :)

MakeMeUpMia said...

How adorable is that picture!? Good luck on your Christmas shopping :) I just finished all mine this morning!

Ashleigh said...

I love that photo of the 3 of you... I loved it from the moment I saw it even on IG :) I love that you are able to experience Christmas through Mia its wonderful to see things through a child's eye..

Sarah said...

Love that smiling little Mia, adorable! I really dislike being in limbo and not knowing...so hard to be patient. I need a girls night too! Trying to plan one seems to be impossible lately, someone is always busy...haha! Life right?

Ashley Brickner said...

Yay for girls nights & a date night!!! So needed!!! And we are loving reading Christmas books right now too ...

Hoping for some answers for you soon, I know it is so hard being patient sometimes but hang in there! It will ALL work out in the end. :)

Hannah said...

Oh, I often think how sweet it would be if I lived in a little town like Stars Hallow. I love me some Gilmore Girls. I'm sure you'll get your shopping done soon!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

I've barely scratched the surface of the Christmas shopping. blub.
We are reading all the Christmas books too! My gosh they are everywhere. Aria opened up the Poky Puppy Christmas for her countdown to day and she is in love. 'mama read, mama read'.
I hate being in limbo. Do you...do you not...where...maybe. Stressful. Hopefully you get something solid and answer-y soon!

Laura Marie Keenan said...

Ugh, I hate the not knowing too! We move a lot for my husbands job so I have no idea where we will be in 2 years frustrating for sure, and I want iur forever home. Hope things settle down for you soon!

Katie Elizabeth said...

I swear blog stalking could be a full time job - it's hard to keep up sometimes! I've just been busy busy shopping.. I'm usually a total last minute shopper, too but this year I've been on top of things! Have fun with your girl/date nights this week!!

Stacy G said...

Sounds like a fun week! I love the holidays and it is extra fun with the kids. Cole has been waking up at 5 am everyday I think because of the excitement and anticipation for Christmas. Normally he is my one child that sleeps in lol. Funny I just posted a short post of what I've been up to lately! http://www.emilykateg.blogspot.com/2014/12/what-ive-been-up-to-lately-and-about-me.html
It is so hard to keep up with everyone! I wish there was more time in a day. xo

Caroline @ Windy City Chic said...

That such a gorgeous photo of you guys!! If you haven't done so already, that would be fabulous holiday card photo!! :-) You deserve a night out with your friends and a date night with your husband. I hope that you have a lot of fun. :-)

Janna Renee said...

I know exactly what you mean about wanting to be settled, but we won't be settled for 16 more years or so, lol. Hope you get settled sooner!

Life is good around these parts, and we are just trying to enjoy the holidays before they are gone!

Nicole said...

So I had word verification get turned on too even though it showed that it wasn't. Did you ever figure anything out?

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!