Monday, April 21, 2014

happy 16 months to my love bug

Yesterday our sweet Mia turned 16 months! We were too busy soaking up time with family and stuffing our faces with Easter treats to put together an update... so here we are, a day later :) Life with Mia is so great. I'm convinced it doesn't get any better than this :)
- Mia tried her first peep yesterday! She took a bite and.... spit it right back out, ha ha! I don't blame her. I only like my peeps stale :)
- She has hit the stage where she is obsessed with our shoes and always wears them around the house! She actually gets around in Eric's shoes pretty well considering how huge they are for her, ha! And if she's not wearing them, she's carrying them around :)
- We've got a little talker! Mia says "eye" while poking pointing to our eyes,  and she is trying to say "nose". She says "no" while pointing to her nose. She says "thank you" (it never sounds like thank you, it's just a jumble of noises with the right inflection and tone of voice, ha!) and "pretty" (Pwe-eeee, again, she says this in the same tone of voice that I saw it :)) And she is big into mimicking us. She tries real hard to say the words we are saying!
- Mia can point to her (or our) nose, eyes, mouth and sometimes ears. But she knows that the phone goes to the ear and when she wants me to talk on the phone, she makes sure to push all of my hair out of the way so that it's not covering my ear :)
- She is obsessed with being outside! 
- Mia has been napping twice but in the last week she's been skipping her morning nap. I'm afraid she may be trying to make the transition to just one nap. Not sure I'm ready for that! 
- This is a sad first, Mia got her first skinned knee :( She fell twice in one day and landed on her knee in the same exact spot. Not the funnest part about having a mobile child.
- Mia can open doors with the handles that you just pull down on. I found that out in the middle of changing my outfit at our hotel room a couple weeks ago... and our door opened straight out to the parking lot. I really hope no one saw me hurtle over the bed to slam the door shut with only half my outfit on, ha!
- She loves to throw stuff away and she's really good about only tossing trash. Eric caught her trying to throw my phone away once, but we haven't had any other issues (that we've noticed). One little story that cracks me up... I was chopping veggies for dinner when a little stalk of cauliflower fell to the floor. Mia ran up, grabbed it and shoved it in her mouth. I thought about making her spit it out but figured she would if she didn't like it. When she realized I wasn't going to make her spit it out, she ran into the living room (in case I changed my mind, I'm sure). Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw her walk back into the kitchen and go straight for the garbage. She lifted the lid and threw the little stalk of cauliflower in, shut the lid and walked back into the living room, ha ha!
 - Mia is a tiny girl and still wears 6-9 month (huge bonus, she gets to wear all the summer clothes that she didn't really get to wear before it got too cold last summer, YAY!) and 12 month clothes. She fits in size 3 shoes, but it's really hard to find shoes that fit her long, skinny feet.
- She still wears size 3 diapers.  

26 comments:

tina bumblebee said...

My daughter also has an obsession with wearing our shoes and throwing away the trash ahahahah

P!nky said...

She is so so so cute! happy 16 months sweet lil bug!

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

OMG haha, I literally LOL'ed when you said she opened your hotel door, it's really not funny but it kind of is. Toddlers are just so curious and they don't think anything they do is wrong. Mia is the sweetest and I love these posts!!

~Dawn~ said...

Ha! What a little stinker. Happy 16 months Princess Mia!

Heather Leigh_A beautiful ministry said...

aww she's the cutest!!! =D My girl loves those shoes too!!

Erin LFF said...

Such a tiny little sweetpea!!! :)

Chrissy@SimpleJoysBlog said...

She is a tiny like one!

Julie said...

I agree Mia - peeps are blah! ;)

Sarah said...

So sweet! Your Mia and my son are little small things. He's almost 3.5 and can still fit into 18 month shorts, the good part is you save money because he went through seasons in the same clothes, the bad part, you see the same clothes season after season, haha.

Lizzie @ This Happy Life said...

What a cutie she is! And wow, I can't believe she still takes 2 naps! My 19 month old gave her morning one up at like 10 months! LOL - and she also got her first skinned knees yesterday :( Oh, and it is very hard to believe, but it really only does get better :)

Allyssa said...

aw! Happy 6 month, Mia! She's growing up so fast!

hello erin said...

try mini melissa shoes! they rock on lex's narrow feet BIG TIME. and they run a size small. i can't believe she's 16 months! that's like practically a year and a half old!! such a big sweet girl!!

and lex still wears my shoes around the house. . . she straps on heels and says "princess lexi go out to dinner?"

Kimberly said...

Axel didn't take a morning nap all last week either!!! :( I put him down every day, but today I'm just embracing it. Now we have more time to run errands I guess! :)

Ashley Brickner said...

LOVE her! Happy 16 months, sweet girl!!!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

Kelli Herrington said...

she is so precious! Im not a peeps fan either so I don't blame her and I love being outside too.

Denise said...

What a cutie. Presley's feet are just the opposite. Short and fat, ha! She can only wear shoes with an adjustable strap on top.

Mandie said...

Yea, Peeps are little questionable sometimes so I can't say that I blame her for spitting that sugary sweetness out. Ha!

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

Happy Birthday to Mia!!!

Vena C. said...

It is so crazy how fast these babes grow! I found your stale peeps post and noted how well your skin has cleared up. What products have you used? I'm dying from my post baby acne. HELP!

Sarah said...

She's too cute!

Anonymous said...

That cauliflower story is hilarious!

Angie said...

Awww, she sounds so much like my 21 month old gal. I bet they would be good friends. They could compare shoes and play outside :)

Oh how Lovely said...

awe, tiny baby! She is so cute. Hey where did you get her high chair?

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

Happy 16 months darling girl!

Elizabeth said...

Happy 16 months Mia! She is getting big and doing so much stuff now! And I carried my parents shoes around all the time when I was little!

Love Always,
Elizabeth
thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Happy 16 months sweet little one!! You just get cuter every day... and don't worry, I can't do peeps either!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!