Tuesday, April 8, 2014

currently

Loving: my spring swap package! I'd been dying to sign up for a little swap but I always found out about them after the sign up date ended. So when I saw that Stormy was hosting one, I signed right up! We were paired together and I have to admit, I got lucky because she spoiled me gooooood. My goodies include: an adorable picture frame, the most heavenly smelling candle (seriously, RUN to Target and buy it up!), nail polish, EOS chap stick (my fave flavor), face masks, earrings, and more! She even included a couple of surprises for Mia! Stormy, you are the BEST! Thank you sooo much!

Reading/Watching: the Divergent series. I'm almost finished with Allegiant! Thanks to the many road trips we've encountered in the past few weeks, I've been able to read them a lot faster than I normally would have. Now to find a babysitter to go watch the movie. Any takers?? ;)
Eric and I have been dying to have Netflix update our shows with no such luck (ugh!) Just last night we discovered that House has been added to streaming, so now we've got a new show to be hooked on. Annnnnd the best part? All the seasons are on there, holla!! (Can you tell how annoyed we are waiting for the seasons to be updated? ha ha!)

Trying to: figure out a solution to our babysitting problem. And when I say babysitting problem, I mean that we have zero babysitters in this town. It's becoming more and more apparent that Eric and I neeeeeed a weekly date but we have no family in town, I don't know any teenage girls to hire, and we don't do swaps with other couples. Man, oh man... How do you find babysitters in your neighborhood/town?

Wishing: that Mia wasn't napping right now (obviously I'm not wishing hard enough to actually go wake her up, ha!) so that I could play with her new headbands/clips from Sweet Angel Kreations!! Katie seriously has the most adorable accessories in her shop! And the tiny flower and bow? I die! I have headbands for Mia that are bigger than her head... and I love them! But we all know that everything is cuter when it's tiny... and we don't have tiny bows or flowers so I'm dying to see how cute the clips are in Mia's hair!

Excited for: Easter!! We are spending the weekend at my in laws and their tiny town has the funnest Easter celebrations! Mia is old enough to do her first Easter egg hunt and it's going to be sooooo fun to watch her do it! Plus it will just be so good to hangout with family and watch the kids play! And I'm dying to see Mia in her Easter dress :)

25 comments:

Ashley @ ladyacray.blogspot.com said...

I'd babysit that little nugget in a heartbeat! Just move to Portland, no big deal :-)

Julie said...

Check out sittercity and TLC for Kids. I'll see kids out with nannies, or just a regular babysitter from those places all the time. I believe you have to pay $10 an hour at least, which I think is the going rate for a babysitter.

LILIXOANA said...

Ooo your swap package looks awesome, I love candles so i definitely need to check that one out at target. I love the Divergent series!

The Curry Family said...

How about young women from your ward? Ask someone in the presidency who they'd recommend :)

Pamela said...

Aww she will have a BLAST Easter egg hunting!!

Hannah said...

Fun package! It's always so fun getting a fun treat like that in the mail!

We don't know anyone to babysit where we live either, so we just have an at home date night each week. Every Friday evening while one of us gets the little mister ready for bed, the other one fixes dinner (which is usually pizza for us :). By the time the little is in bed dinner is ready and we eat together while we watch a movie. I know it's not getting out of the house, but it still really fun and it's a nice way to spend the evening. It has become a favorite little weekly tradition for us. So maybe something like that could work for you until you find a sitter? Just a thought :)

hello erin said...

So. There's a random daycare (or an "early learning academy" as they like to call themselves) in our town- but they're open until 10pm and you can put the kids in hourly throughout the day. Totally random- but awesome if you need it! I'm pretty sure Mia can't hang until 10pm- buuuut maybe you could do a weekend day date?

Side not. I HATED allegiant. Hated. You'll see.

Dawn said...

Aww, I can't wait to see Mia all dolled up for Easter. Those headbands are SO cute.

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

The Swap box looks awesome!! Do you love Divergent? I'm still on the second book, have been now for like, 3 months. Pre baby I would have finished it in a week.. I'm so excited for Easter! I'm planning to take Savanna to a hunt or two, not sure how much she'll actually be into it though!

ashleynicole said...

A swap sounds like so much fun! Is this a frequent thing, or how do you find said swaps? :)

ashleynicoleholmes.blogspot.com

Nicole@mamashiptips said...

I WOULD LOVE TO BABYSIT ..i love the
spring swap .. I always love reading your blog. It makes me smile

sara {rhapsody and chaos} said...

You totally scored with that swap! And those barrettes and headbands are adorable :)

Allyssa said...

aw!How fun! This makes me want to do a swap! I bet that candle smells amazing!

Ashley Brickner said...

Love the swap idea - I have to do that!!! XO

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

Chrissy@SimpleJoysBlog said...

Adorable hair bows!

Sarah said...

oh fun, love swap things, although I've never done a blogging one. I might have to check out that Divergent Series...I want to see the movie too. If you lived near me we would babysit for you! Mia is just too cute to say no to babysitting! How about you take a vacay to California and then we'll babysit while you go on a date :)

Amanda Wissmann said...

oh gosh! What a swap!!! I'm a little jealous ;) What is a swap anyways?!

sara [at] journey of doing said...

If you wanted to send the reese's pieces to me, I wouldn't complain... just saying. Also. they totally stole my candy carrots. I know this because my mom and I started making them when I was 5. And that was awhile ago. SO. It's only fair. ;)

lori said...

love all of your spring goodies! and i agree... date nights are so important. greg and i have been on a few since carter was born, but only when my parents have been able to keep him. now that he's a little older i want to use a college girl that we know, but i am still a little nervous to leave him with anyone besides my momma! sitter swaps are a great idea... but unfortunately, when we set one up we havent gotten our date night out yet. and it's been since valentines day...

Linzi Scarsella said...

Love all your goodies, swaps are so much fun! Those headbands are adorable. I'm not sure how to find sitters either, we barely get one and when we do its my sister in law. I cant wait to have my folks move back to where I live. My kids and myself miss them sooo much!

Brooke Tolly said...

I'd babysit! ha
Divergent the movie WAS SO GOOD. It stayed really close to the book...like super close and also good luck reading the last book that's all I have to say.

Use care.com to find a babysitter! That's how I got my nanny job!

Anonymous said...

I just love her Easter basket! I admit I already have a stash of headbands for baby girl!

Kelsi Strong said...

Seriously!! Babysitting is our issue too. Plus we're still in school, so I can't afford to pay a teenager $10 an hour at the going rate! haha. What happened to $5/hour being such a treat?

Jamie Hart said...

Awww! I wish that I was in town to babysit! I've got numerous babysitting/nanny references and am certified in child and infant CPR. I would love to watch the little munchkin. Have you tried Care.com? I hope that you find someone WONDERFUL soon!!

Annette said...

Hope you're able to have a date night soon! I never tried babysitters.com or sittercity.com, but I've been told you might be able to find reputable ones there. Good luck! (Your local library or school system may know of some...)

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!