Monday, April 14, 2014

get in my belly

It's not very often that I'm tempted to give my kid away but today (a Sunday, the first time in who knows how long that I'm writing a post in advance) Mia hasn't been the easiest. She totally skipped her morning nap (2 hours in the crib without a wink of sleep! She's never done that before) which resulted in transformation to a mini monster at church who wouldn't stop running around like a crazy child, screaming at the top of her lungs (and hitting decibels that almost cracked my ear drums) and just flat out disregarding anything I said to her. I'm sure this has everything to do with the lack of naps and ice cream treats thanks to her grandparents. Not that I'm complaining about that... I'll let mine and Eric's parents spoil the girl because that's every grandparents right! I'm complaining because I can assure you that my parents are high-fiving each other as they read this while planning their next spoiling adventure that will wreak havoc on our home life the next day. Oh the joys.
Anyway, now that Mia is napping, I'm daydreaming of all the Easter candy I wish I was shoving in my face. In an effort to be healthier, I've stopped buying crap just to have in the house because I usually end up eating all of it... which is really unfortunate on days like today. This is the best time of year to walk up and down the treat aisles, amiright?! Easter candy is my faaaaave! Since I can't get my hands on any right this moment, talking about my top 3 is almost as good, right? (Who am I kidding? not. as. good.) There are so many other candies I love, but these are usually the ones that I get sick off of from eating so much each year ;)

Cadbury candy coated eggs- need I say more?
Sweetarts jellybeans- but any Easter jelly bean is winning at this point. So many good options!! But I love these tangy, addicting little devils!
Peeps- I admit it! I loooove peeps! BUT! I only eat them stale. Yep, you read that right! Stale peeps are bomb!
Ridiculous little side note- years ago I wrote a stupid tutorial on how to make the perfect stale peep. It's seriously the dumbest post ever, but I get hits on it every day! If you google directions? Bam, my post is one of the top of the list! It's one of my most popular posts... if that's not pathetic, I don't know what is ;)

So, what's your favorite Easter candy? Annnnnd, since everyone's doing it.... here's a sneak peek of Mia's Easter basket. I can't wait to give it to her!
"Spring" notebook for coloring, crayons, slinky and marshmallow "lollipop"!

27 comments:

Chrissy@SimpleJoysBlog said...

Cute! That marshmallow lollipop looks very impressive!!! Yum!

Ashley Brickner said...

I've been there girl, my mom watches waverly a couple days during the week & she really lets her do whatever!!! It drives me crazy!!! Hang in there!!!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

hello erin said...

love love love her basket!! and i'm with you on the candy, i haven't bought any yet, but it screams my name at the store. ESPECIALLY on bad days.

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

I'm dying just thinking about stale peeps!!

Dee Stephens said...

I think it's this age. I've had days I've wanted to pull my hair out too. :(

sara [at] journey of doing said...

So far I have avoided the jellybeans... but you can't even know how impossible it is. I can't hold out forever... I love the slinky!! I think I got one in my basket one year, too!!

Heather Leigh_A beautiful ministry said...

Ah! Love the basket!! And totally feel you with the girl being anti nap. Yikes!

Stacy G said...

Easter candy is seriously the best! I don't know what came over me the other day but I bought way too much candy for the kids baskets... I forsee it being a problem for me lol.

Hope @ Hope in a Blog said...

Easter candy is so hard to refuse because of all the pretty pastel colors!!! Love the jellybeans! Xx.

Traci@TheHallway said...

Oh poor you... Those are the rough moments for sure, but at least they are few and far between! Some good wine will help with that too! ;) This whole being preggo during the holidays... Means there is no stopping my cravings when it comes to sweets! haha! I am already a lover of anything sweet, so now it's just worst! I guess the good thing is due to my allergies I can't have just anything and everything!

Julie said...

Sorry Mia was being such a stinker but I'm sure she'll make up for it this week. That basket is cute, I love anything Mary Engelbreit!

Anonymous said...

Peeps are my favorite!! LOVE them fresh or stale. Although I have yet to eat them during any other holiday. I don't know what it is but peeps to me are an Easter only candy.

17 Perth said...

Oh my gosh! I can totally relate. And do I have to pick just one asy favorite? Lol. Love the peeps, and starburst jelly beans. But easily get addicted to sweet tarts! Lol

17 Perth said...

Oh my gosh! I can totally relate. And do I have to pick just one asy favorite? Lol. Love the peeps, and starburst jelly beans. But easily get addicted to sweet tarts! Lol

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

I love those Reeses eggs....can't get enough of those around the holidays!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

You are awesome for resisting the Easter candy aisle! I have so far. But, I know that next weekend I will be giving in. Stale peeps? Ha I didn't know that was a thing. I'd be proud if mine was at the top of the stale peep list! Good for you =)

Erin LFF said...

Aww- I already Love Mia's basket- everything looks so cute! I seriously cannot wait to have a child to make easter baskets for! :) My favorite candy is the SweetTarts Chicks, Ducks and Bunnies!!

Mandie said...

I love the Easter basket. I'll have to get pictures of Trouble, Sunshine's & my cousin's Easter treats & post them. :)

My favorite Easter treats are the Snickers Eggs, Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs & those marshmallow bunnies & ducks. Yummmmmmmy!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Stale peeps are my JAM! Have you ever had chocolate covered Peeps? To die for!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

I am so impressed you can resist the Easter candy! I so can't. Easter candy is my favorite. And the See's candy…mmmmm. They have the BEST Easter candy!!

Tara said...

Cadbury eggs are my favorite for sure! Sadly I haven't had even one piece of Easter candy this year yet. Love Mia's basket- it's so simple and I'm sure she'll love everything in it! :)

Crowley Family said...

I love jelly beans and peeps too. I try to avoid the candy isle for that reason. And I totally remember your post on how to make stale peeps. Cute basket!

Sarah said...

You better be linking the basket up tomorrow with the blog hop missy!! :)

Ashleigh said...

I am sorry sweet girl that Mia was a tad bit cranky because of having no nap! I know it can be ruff when they do not get one.. Their little bodies need it that is for sure! Hope she starts napping again soon for you! Her little basket is too cute.. I am sure she will love it :)

sara {rhapsody and chaos} said...

Cadbury Creme Eggs are my complete weakness.

Annette said...

What a sweet basket! I LOVE Peeps too! Of course, I love chocolate bunnies--especially the ears. I do remember the days when my son would be cranky from not taking naps... It's not easy, but hang in there...Maybe it's just a short phase...hopefully.

Anonymous said...

haha, I laughed so hard when I read the little sidenote on the stale peeps.

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!