Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter 2014

Coloring eggs for the first time. So much fun with her cousins!!
Cheeeeeese :)
Her reaction to finding a minion egg on her second Easter egg hunt of the day!
Mia learned about the surprises inside the eggs. So on her second egg hunt she stopped finding eggs and just dug in to the treats :) ha ha!
So much fun jumping with dad!
This girl would NOT look at the camera. Oh well, at least you get a good look at her gorgeous dress.
She liked her marshmallow pop about as much as she liked peeps, ha!
Mia's pink bow c/o Sweet Angel Kreations
Easter is now at the top of my favorite holidays list!! We had the BEST weekend! It's definitely the BEST having a kid who can be involved in all the fun activities :) We spent the weekend with my in laws and Mia was spoiled rotten (okay, we all were)! Mia was soaking up all the love and attention from her grandparents, aunts and cousins! I was so blessed to marry into such an amazing family. We all have so much fun together!
Anyway, our Easter fun started Saturday morning with a local Easter egg hunt. The perk of my hubs coming from a tiny, tiny town is that there wasn't much competition for the eggs! Mia easily filled up her basket (she's a pro at egg hunting!) and there was no fighting from kids or parents over eggs (I hear these things can get crazy)! We dyed eggs, well, I let Mia color on them while I dyed them :) The Easter bunny visited Saturday evening and hid eggs all over the yard for Mia and her cousins to enjoy a second egg hunt. Again, Mia was a pro! After finding a few eggs she started popping them open and shoving in the candy before we could stop her, ha ha! 
Sunday morning we woke up to baskets left behind from the Easter bunny but Mia had no interest in anything but her slinky. She kept saying "Whoa!" as she played with it :) We didn't even get a picture of Mia with her basket... but by evening she had discovered all of her goodies and loved it all! We went to church and reflected on Christ's sacrifice so that we can all live again someday! We had a delicious Easter Dinner together before we packed up and headed home. It was a beautiful weekend filled with family, fun, candy galore and so much love!

35 comments:

Hope @ Hope in a Blog said...

What a lovely Easter...love Mia's sweet outfits! Xx.

Chrissy@SimpleJoysBlog said...

Glad to see you guys had a great Easter! Mia looked adorable!

LILIXOANA said...

What a wonderful easter Mia has look at that marshmallow pop! Wow! Super cute! I love your outfit by the way that pink skirt is so nice!

liliana @ lilixoana.com

~Dawn~ said...

Aww, she's at that exciting age where she is starting to really 'get it' and holidays become so much more fun. Love her little dress.

Dee Stephens said...

So cute! I can't believe she kept those sunglasses on!
I agree with you. This year was so much more fun with the bebe's :)

Pamela said...

Gah, yall are SUCH a gorgeous family!!

Erika Ortega -The Busy Life Plus Three said...

I love all of the cute pink outfits. Ya are lovely

Unknown said...

What a fun Easter! Mia looks absolutely adorable (that smile doing the Easter eggs! - ugh, too cute!!)

mydearveronica.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

Yall looked adorable as a family!!! :) And Mia just keeps getting cuter and cuter! Hope Daddy has a shotgun ready!!! :)

Love Always,
Elizabeth
thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

Erin LFF said...

Sooo many cute pictures! I love her Easter dress, and your outfit too! Hot momma!!! :)

Oh how Lovely said...

Ok Mia's dress is SOOOOO adorable! And I love that you guys match without being exactly matching. :)

Hannah said...

such a cute little cheese face! I don't know how you stand it! And yes, Easter is so much better with a little one! :) Glad you had a great Easter weekend!

Mandie said...

I see that lil Mia is as fashionable as her mama - the bow, the glasses - very fashionable! :)

Sarah said...

Looks like a great weekend! Love the family color coordinating!

Kelsi Strong said...

I love that you guys match! So cute!!

Laura Marie Keenan said...

Love your coordinating outfits! Sounds like such a lovely Easter!

Alyx said...

I love that you and Mia were twins! And that headband - SOOOO CUTE!!!

Ashley said...

Such a great family photo - yu have a beautiful family!
Mia is SO ADORABLE!

Allyssa said...

I LOVE your skirt! So cute, friend!

Ashley Brickner said...

Sweet, sweet pictures!!! What a perfect Easter!!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Did she keep that white dress clean when she colored eggs in it? If so, kudos Mia cause I'm sure I wuld have had something on it if it were mine.

Heather Leigh_A beautiful ministry said...

you ladies look amazing in those pretty dresses!!!

sara [at] journey of doing said...

The SWEETEST Easter post ever! Mia looks like a natural!! You are all gorgeous... I'm loving the family pic!!!!

Schnelle said...

What a cutie! I lover her Easter dress and adore your skirt! She looks like she was really into the egg decorating too!

Pink and Fabulous said...

You and Mia have the best Easter outfits!!! Love, love, love!!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

I love her bow headband, just the cutest. I love that big smile of hers too! Couldn't get any cuter. The jumping video you posted on instagram was the sweetest thing too. My husband was super confused where the nose was coming from when I watched it too. baby giggles are the best.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the comment on my blog. Also, that skirt is to die for. I love it so much!

www.ashologie.blogspot.com

Tammy Jo said...

I can't believe how big Mia has gotten! Such a little cutie pie

Linzi Scarsella said...

You all looked beautiful! Mia and that marshmellow pop, I die! So stinkin' cute!

Marli said...

oh my word. i am LOVING her sunglasses and cheesing! and i just adore your matching outfits. <3

xo
purposelyathome.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Those sunglasses are amazing and fit her personality perfectly!

Anonymous said...

these pictures are too cute!! I love the one of her with a big smile coloring on the eggs. Sounds like the perfect Easter weekend!
love the pink frilly skirts girls :)

Ashleigh said...

Mia is so darn precious! I love those little sunglasses on her... How cute!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like she had a great Easter! I love your tulle skirt!

Janna Renee said...

What can I say...you guys make my heart smile. She couldn't have looked more perfect in her Easter dress!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!