Monday, July 2, 2012

weekend review

Well... this weekend was lame! I was actually look forward to it because it was filled with so many fun plans! My friend came up from California to have a girls weekend and invited me to go to hiking in Zion with them on Saturday. Of course I agreed, because I never learn my lesson :) But they were doing a much easier hike so I was excited! And we were going to finish the day off with some of my favorite Thai food! And then Eric and I were going to go on a little adventure in a new town on Sunday, and hangout with our friends and celebrate their baby!
Instead of enjoying our plans.... I woke up Saturday morning with the nasty, awful flu! This was honestly the sickest I've ever been in my life! Eric had to work all day... and while I was grateful he wasn't around my germs, I was in a bad way and was worried I'd need to go to the hospital and be put on an iv! I just had no clue how I'd get to the hospital since I was in no position to be driving. But my sweet parents drove 45 minutes to come sit at my house and take care of me for a bit :) They are big fans of the essential oils and brought some for me to try. Since they are all natural, and a doctor said the oils wouldn't harm my baby, I tried them! There just might be something to them... because I felt better soon after trying them!
I am feeling 100% better now, and am SO much more grateful I haven't had any morning sickness with my pregnancy so far.... I'm just bummed I missed out on a fun weekend! When I wasn't sleeping I was lounging around with Eric watching Cake Boss. Have you guys ever seen this show??


It's safe to say that we watched 30 episodes, at least, over the weekend :) It's our newest addiction! But we definitely won't be watching Cake Boss this upcoming weekend.... we've got a fun one planned to make up for this past waste of a weekend!

32 comments:

Unknown said...

that stink you were sick on your weekend! that is always a bummer when plans are ruined. i love essential oils they work wonders!

i am so obsessed with cake boss! except i always what a pastry of some kind after i watch a few episodes. haha.

Branden and Courtney said...

Ah Cake Boss, we watched a whole day marathon of that show while I was in the hospital waiting to deliver.

Unknown said...

aw man!! feel better soon, dear!

Tamara (Fishy Face Studios) said...

i love cake boss!

Anonymous said...

That stomach bug this year didn't mess around - I caught it too, so I feel your pain! So glad you are feeling better!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

cake boss is THE best, and I am happy you are feeling better!

Ashley said...

Cake Boss! Love how creative they are on that show.

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

Ugh. I hope you feel better. Having the flu is THE WORST. I had it for a week earlier this year. Nothing that a little rest and trashy tv can't fix though!

m&msmommy said...

Booo! :( Sorry to hear you were sick, but so glad to read that you are feeling better! :)

LOVE Cake Boss!!!

Courtney said...

so happy you are feeling better. I love having tv show marathons and being lazy, though.

Amy said...

Anything on the Food Network I could spend HOURS AND HOURS watching :), love it!

xoxo, Amy

Alyx said...

Glad you're feeling better! My mom's into the essential oils, too, and they definitely seem to work!!

Miranda said...

oh sad! i hate when plans get messed up. glad you're feeling better. I'm still skeptical of the essential oils...i know they work...but everyone i know that uses/sells them stinks ALL.THE.TIME.

hmmmmmm

Samantha said...

Sorry you were so sick :(

We used to watch Cake Boss all of the time...I would get so hungry, wanting cake or a cupcake or something sweet :) Love Buddy!

Kimberly said...

He is from NJ and I have gone to his bakery in Hoboken.

love jenny xoxo said...

bummmer... I'm sorry you were sick! I got a horrible headache on saturday that wreck some of my plans :( But it's almost the 4th! Hope you feel great by then!

XOXO

That Girl said...

And least you can make up the Thai food part of it!

Deveny said...

Love Cake Boss. I totally troll netflix for new shows when I'm sick. :)

Rebecca said...

Sorry to hear you had to cancel all your plans, glad you are now feeling much better now. We don't have Cake Boss over here, anything with cake in the title though and it's pretty much a winner in my eyes, I like Ace of Cakes.

Heather said...

Awww, I'm sorry you were under the weather this weekend! I'm a huge Cake Boss fan too!

rooth said...

Yikes, I'm really sorry you had the flu. Glad you're feeling better now and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

Faker:)

Glad your parents took care of you and you know about Cake Boss. Now you can bake something for me, even though he doesn't teach you how to bake.

Brit said...

Boo on that. Good thing you were sick tho, cuz that is the only good excuse to watch 30 episodes of Cake Boss ;) Here's to kicking next weekends butt!

Unknown said...

I am glad you're feeling better Courtney!!

I've heard a lot of people talk about this I just might have to check it out!

Amber said...

Sorry you were sick! One of my sweetest memories from being pregnant with Jax was how Jim and I would just lounge around and watch Law and Order SVU! Literally for hours! Nothing better:)

kyna... said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better hon!
xoxo
♥ Kyna

Heather said...

Having the stomach flu is the WORST! I am so sorry that you caught it. Thank God for your parents and their sweetness in coming to take care of you. What essential oils did they give you for it???? I have just started using them and if they work I am all about it!

letty said...

Soo glad you're feeling better! I love cake boss, I'm not as good as them but that show inspired me to get into cake decorating but just as a hobby:) I will be posting photos on my instagram you should check mine out (letty4252).

Amanda English said...

That is awful! I've had the flu once and it was NOT fun... AND more dangerous with the baby! So glad you are feeling better now! xoxo A-

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

Dang! The summer flu...now that stinks! So glad you are feeling better now and how sweet are your parents. Now I don't know a lot about essential oils but if it helps then I might need to Google. Happy 4th!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Janna Renee said...

You gotta love the Cake Boss! Although, I am mighty hungry after that show! Happy 4th love!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love cake boss! Have you seen the episode where the girl goes insane over her cake and just starts throwing icing all over it. Buddy gets so mad!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!