Sunday, July 15, 2012

if you really knew me...

I've seen this post circulating blog land and I thought it was such a fun idea! I don't even know who came up with the idea, so sorry I can't give credit! But I thought this would be a fun way to get to know me, Eric, and the two of us as a couple :)
If you really knew me...

- you'd know that I sucked my thumb until I was almost 8 years old. I know, so embarrassing! My parents tried everything in the book to get me to stop sucking, but I just wouldn't let it go. One Christmas I asked for nail polish and my mom told me Santa (I believed in Santa for as long as I could :) ha ha) wouldn't bring me nail polish until I stopped sucking my thumb! You better believe I dropped the habit in time for Santa to bring my polish!

- you'd know that I have a horrible habit of cracking my knuckles. I'm trying to quit!

- you'd know that I'm addicted to gum. Honestly, I think it's an addiction! And I've had it my whole life. When I was young I'd ask complete strangers to give me gum... I was always embarrassing my parents :)

- you'd know that I love being in the water! A swimming pool, the lake, the ocean, it doesn't matter. I love it all!

- you'd know that as much as I'd love to be a happy, easy-going girl all the time... I actually get stressed out very easily. And I stress big time. I have a really hard time trusting that everything will work out, and so I hang on to the stress way longer than necessary.

- you'd know that I never wore sunglasses before Eric came into my life. Now I can't be out in the sun without them! Is that weird or what?!
If you really knew Eric...

- you'd know that he is so into building hot rods and muscle cars! His dream is to have a huge shop in our backyard with endless amounts of money so that he can fix up cars all day :)

- you'd know he is the best handyman ever. I'm not even kidding you. He can fix anything! It's amazing.

- you'd know that he speaks fluent Spanish. He has the accent down and everything! He gets compliments all the time on how well he speaks the language.

- you'd know that he is my pickiest client. The man cares way too much about his haircut. Don't ask me why, since he's ALWAYS wearing a hat.

- you'd know that he laughs hysterically during the saddest or most tender scene in a movie/tv show. It makes me so mad because I'm usually crying... and he makes me feel dumb! But he laughs so that he won't cry :)

- you'd know that he really enjoys baking. Eric used to watch Martha Stewart when he was young and re-create some of her recipes :) But seriously, you'd rather have him be in charge of dessert over me. He's so good at baking!

If you really knew us....

- you'd know that Eric is going to rebuild a mustang for me. We aren't sure on the year yet, '65-'67. It's going to be bubble gum pink with sparkles! 2 flat black racing stripes. Black leather interior with pink stitching. And black rims with pink accent. That's right people, my very own barbie car ;)

- you'd know that we are so ecstatic about becoming parents! But you probably actually know that about us already....

- you'd know that our love is an open book. If we are annoyed with each other we have a really hard time hiding it... that means when we hangout with friends we will totally roll our eyes at each other, snap at each other, or tell one another "you're buggin' me" in front of them. So classy :) But then we go right back to loving each other and making our friends gag, ha ha.

- you'd know that we will never have a pet. Eric pretty much despises (or fears, ha ha) all animals and I certainly won't be the one cleaning up poop every single day. So.... no pets for us!

- you'd know that we do NOT watch scary/horror movies. And we probably wouldn't ever let guests watch that in our home... we just hate the feelings of fear those movies leave behind.

- you'd know that we are going to take ballroom dance classes together someday! Hopefully sooner than later. Eric is totally game, and I think it would be a fun/sexy twist for date nights :)

I'm curious if any of these little facts surprise you guys?? And I'd love to get to know you better! Tell me some fun facts about you, or if you do a post like this leave a link in the comments so that I can read it :)

44 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, hundo percent serious- the first five are all ones that had me going "me too!" I sucked my thumb for a LONG time! Definitely til 8 or 9. I actually forced myself to stop after a while by putting a bandaid on that thumb. I didn't like the taste, and thankfully grew out of the habit!

Gum = love.
Knuckle cracking = gotta stop.
Stress = happens way too easily. And it's always about the littler things. At work I can be buried in stressful situations and not care. But with my personal life? I get rattled rather easily =/
And lastly, I LOVE swimming!

Cool post, I might try it too! And that is so cool about the Mustang!

Tiffany said...

I am very much an open book too. If I am mad I do all of the things you mentioned and more!
I can't wait to one day see this Barbie car!!!
Happy Sunday.

tifsong said...

i sucked my thumb until i was 8 too. that is a lot of the reason i had to have braces! haha. sad.

Amy Willingham said...

i LOVE that he is gonna rebuild a 'stang for u!!
even better that its gonna be Pink with SPARKLES!! even more GIRLY, the better!

I too crack my knuckles!!
i did watch on Dr.Oz that it does NO harm to ur hands...


xoxo

Rebecca said...

This is such a cute post. I sucked my thumb too, and I was definitely past 8 when I stopped, it's really easy to tell which one I used to suck, it's thinner and more shaped than my other thumb, I think I literally sucked it away.
Love the sound of the car!

Pamela said...

I was actually sitting here working on my post! I love how you did yours though, sooo I might steal it, if you don't mind ;) Maybe I can con B into sitting down & helping :) Girl, I pop my knuckles constantly too & he fusses at me, ha! I can't help it. I try not to! I am the same way about stress!! Ugh :( ooohh, love the Mustang idea!! Love a good Ford ;) My first car was a convertible Mustang!

Niken said...

one of my cousin still drink milk from bottle until she was 8 or 9 i think. she brought her bottle to school and sneaked out to the toilet to drink it.

Ashley said...

My hubby and I are pretty much open books to. You can definitely see and feel the tension when we are mad.

Oh, and my hubby loves to bake too. I just leave him to it and then get to enjoy the yummy treats. :)

Natalie said...

Thumb sucking and open books -- that's me too! What a fun little thing to do, might have to steal it :)

Anonymous said...

I love how you did this post! So cute. I love what you said about believing in Santa as long as you could, that was me too. :)

Alana Christine said...

My mom broke me from biting my nails the exact same way!

Diane Writes said...

Your man loves to bake and watches Martha Stewart, you are such a lucky girl Courtney!

And with that shades / eye glasses, for some reason I also don't like wearing any of them.

Have a great week Courtney!

Aimee L said...

Love this post - so cute :)

Shelley said...

Great list! Michael and I are the same way. We are open about how we are feeling in front of others, lol. It probably makes people uncomfortable but it's just us! Or at least...I do it more than him I think.

And honey? You will get used to cleaning poop when you have that baby. :)

Allison said...

I loved reading these fun little facts...so cute the way you did it!! And you should definitely follow up on the dancing lessons...we had so much fun with ours although we don't remember most of the moves we learned. Haha.

Marli said...

Ok. So this was like, the BEST POST EVER! :) I totally want to see that Barbie car. ;D

xo
purposelyathome.blogspot.com

Alyx said...

What?!!?! No pets?! Are you serious?? I don't know what to say!
I have a gum obsession too.

Sam said...

Ya'll are so sweet! I don't like scary stuff either. I refuse to watch anything remotely scary before bed!

www.samspinkslippers.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

This is so cute Courtney!!! :) I crack my knuckles all the time too! ? That's so funny about you sucking your thumb! My hubby also can seriously fix anything and I love it! :)

Love this post!

xo

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Such a cute post. Courtney, you're adorable!

Jana Faith said...

Such fun get-to-know-you facts. I really enjoyed reading!

Brittany said...

What a clever post! Loved learning more about you guys :). I pop my knuckles waaaaaaaay too much too...and I'm a stresser too. I think that makes for a good mommy though!

chantal marie said...

i love being in the water too! you are so lucky Eric is such a good handy man! i am sure that is very useful!

Laura Joyce Leavitt said...

So cute I L O V E this post! And getting to know you more.

Unknown said...

I love this! You guys are too cute! I stole your idea and posted one of my blog today! Thanks for sharing!

Whitney Leigh said...

I was also a thumb sucker. big time. I don't even know how my parents got me to stop.and I also never wore sunglasses til I started dating Landon. But it's cause he is always buying me cute ones.

Kristen said...

Loved this post! I'm pretty sure our hubbys would be bff if they met. I had to laugh because I also NEVER wore sunglasses before j and I got married, and now I can't be without them.

Dee Stephens said...

I sucked my thumb until 8 too.
The one that really shocked me was the pet thing!!
That's a shame :(
They bring such joy to life!

Erin said...

Aww, I'm glad you did this! I feel like I know you guys both a little better now ;) You should totally do the dance lessons, that would be a blast! In our City, they do "Salsa on the Square" during the summer. You can down to the downtown area and they teach you a few moves and there is live music, etc. Pretty fun! and Free :)

Lindsey Nicole said...

Love how you separated it out into 3 categories!! Very cute! Congrats on the baby by the way :)

Ashley said...

You should do ballroom classes!! you would love it.

I'm also addicted to gum :/

kyna... said...

Absolutely adore this post!! :-)
♥ Kyna

Anonymous said...

awe this is so cute! i don't think i could even do this haha! i'm really bad at coming up with things about me!

Tim and Sabrina said...

This is a good and fun idea! You two are cute and I'm pretty sure we need to hang out :]

That Girl said...

I sucked my thumb until I was waaaaaay older than 8. My husband was a thumb sucker too. That's why we've given the little guy a pacifier. We don't want him to get our bad habits!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

I too never wore sunglasses until my husband came along and now I can't go without them. Stumbled upon your amazing blog and am a new follower!
Love this post!

Unknown said...

You should add this post to my "If you really knew me" link up!
http://typicalcollegegirlkh.blogspot.com/2012/07/if-you-really-knew-me-part-one.html

Liesl said...

I am in love with this post and really think I must take part in it...I just loved reading more about you, as I always do! You are wonderful, Courtney!!! :) Side note, I crack my knuckles all the time too, and my mother hates it...hehe!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love this post! Once he does the car you'll have to post tons of photos!

ajs {of MN} said...

haha gum from strangers, that made me laugh!

i am going to LOVE following your blog! :)

Janna Renee said...

I hate scary movies! They are rarely watched in our house, either. Tell Eric that We are fixing up Will's '71 Monte Carlo when he gets back!

B said...

love how you did a portion of it about your husb, too! :) y'all are cute! :)

Liesl said...

OK, I did decide to do this, and just posted it! How fun! :)

Mandy said...

Loved reading this since I'm a new follower :-)

Congrats on baby! You look so cute in all pics with your little bump!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!