Monday, November 23, 2015

weekend highlights

Happy Monday! It's very happy for us because Eric is home! We are soaking up his last day (of being home for 11 glorious days!) until he starts up a crazy work schedule for the next couple of months! We have been up to lots of fun during his time off but today I'm sharing our Saturday fun.

Mia's Bow c/o Balakin & Co Dress c/o Arden Store

Our good friends moved to Arizona and I can't tell you how excited we are to have them here! We met up with them on Saturday and they introduced us to Snooze (an A.M. eatery) and I haven't stopped thinking about it since! We ordered 10 entrees between 4 adults (and Mia, ha!) and polished our plates clean in probably 5 minutes, ha ha! So much food, and I still don't feel an ounce of guilt over indulging ;) Next, we decided to take Mia bowling for what I thought was her first time, but Eric reminded me that we bowled with her last summer, ha! It was so stinkin' fun to watch her get into it! She pulled the funniest faces (so did Eric... you know he would never pose for these photos, ha ha! He's such a good dad and made bowling so fun for Mia!) as she pushed her ball down the ramp and watched it hit the pins! I won't tell you scores but I will say that even with the bumpers, I still couldn't break 100! And Mia didn't come in last... ha ha! 
It felt so good to spend the day just playing and enjoying each others company! We've been really homesick for old friendships, so we are looking forward to exploring this city with our friends!

13 comments:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Those pictures of Mia and Eric are so so so sweet!! Love them!

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

Oh wow, those pancakes look amazing! And yay for friends moving to town, very exciting! Love the pics of Mia and Eric bowling, so adorable! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Unknown said...

I LOVE snooze! They just opened one in Gilbert and it's so yummy!!

Caroline @ Windy City Chic said...

Love these photos, they are great!! Mia in her little bowling shoes, SO cute! Glad that you all had a fun time together. :-)

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

SO fun!!! I saw your pics on IG and am SO glad you guys have been able to soak up so much Eric time and family time lately! You deserve it and I love seeing you all so happy to be together!

BLovedBoston said...

Is it bad that I feel like I need that ramp for bowling lol! So happy you guys are having so much fun family time! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

Erin LFF said...

Glad you've been enjoying all your time together- good luck to Eric with crazy work schedules starting back up. I love the bowling pictures!! :) Jared and I LOVE to bowl and always have so much fun.

According to Kiki said...

So sorry your hubby has to return to work. Everyone loves a lot of time off! (; So great that the three of you had a little time together. Time to focus on Mia. I can only imagine how tough it would be to gave a toddler and a baby both the attention they need. My toddler gets a little jealous at times. (;

Monica L said...

OMG those pancakes look amazing!!

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

Those pancakes, NOM! And friends that move close too you, oh my goodness that is so great. Looks like you had a GREAT weekend!

Jenn said...

It looks like such a fun weekend...and super tasty with those pancakes!! Yum!! :)

Lynn | Motherhood in Motion said...

So fun. And the pancakes.

Mandie said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the pictures of Eric & Mia bowling - I actually think that Eric is having the most fun in those pics. Ha! Too cute. :)

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!