Thursday, November 12, 2015

never a dull moment


Mia and I have been feeling isolated and cooped up these past couple of weeks so I set up a zoo day with friends this week! Of course the night before was the night that Mia decided to not sleep through the night for the first time in months, which means I got very little sleep between both kids waking up. But I knew we needed to get out of the house and socialize so off we went! It was a beautiful, overcast morning and actually kind of chilly (I didn't know that it could get cold in Arizona ;) ha ha!) We got there early, I fed James and we were ready to meet our friends on time... I was feeling like super woman!
... And then the crazy began, ha ha! Mia was miss independent and kept running off to do her own thing. Pair that with her selective hearing and I was ditching the stroller with James in it to chase Mia down constantly, BAH! I was quite flustered as I quickly realized I forgot snacks for Mia (and myself), a jacket for Mia, etc. But once we were home later that afternoon and I looked through all the pictures that were taken that day, I couldn't stop laughing! Mia had a blast running around, exploring and playing with friends! I've got the most laid back friends who put up with my crazy and we kept an eye on each others kids. I'm still new at this mom of 2 thing and apparently it's still easy for me to get overwhelmed (I honestly started to think that Mia and I should just move into the zoo, ha ha!) but days like this where I can look back with a smile on my face and only think of the good? That's when I know I'm doing something right. I'm thankful for these crazy days and friends who help me survive them ;)

19 comments:

Jenn said...

It looks like a super fun day! Despite the crazy, it looks like the kids loved every second :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like such a fun day at the zoo! It was really cold yesterday lol!

P!nky said...

So glad it ended up being a great day. Love the pictures!

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

So fun! I love going to the zoo even now as an adult! It's so fun to get to see the animals and learn about them, it never gets old for me! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

She's a big star said...

This is totally random but what kind of curling iron do you use to curl the front long pieces of your hair?! I can't seem to make my hair work like that and I'm desperate to figure it out!!

Lynn | Motherhood in Motion said...

Looks so fun! Glad you all got out of the house.

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

SO FUN! I'm so glad you were able to go out and meet your friends at the zoo. No matter how crazy the toddlers are (Mason was a wild man at the aquarium last week with Lex and Erin too), you always look back and know they are having a BLAST even though they are driving you crazy :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad you guys were able to get out even if it was mayhem! I am taking notes for when our new bundle of joy comes bc a toddler and baby at the same time is scaaary! A good scary! I love the pic of you guys lined up with your strollers!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you guys were able to get out even if it was mayhem! I am taking notes for when our new bundle of joy comes bc a toddler and baby at the same time is scaaary! A good scary! I love the pic of you guys lined up with your strollers!

According to Kiki said...

As an adult, I can always appreciate a good zoo trip! Glad you guys were able to get out and about. It's hard feeling shut up in the house all the time! (:

Anonymous said...

Cabin fever is REAL. sometimes I think it's so much harder to get out with two babes, but man it makes a WORLD of a difference to just get out for a little. YAY for zoo trips, wish we were closer!!!!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

It is so good to get out of the house, even if it does mean crazies! Esp when you can look back and think of the good =)

Mandie said...

That's good that you got out, you need to do that & have some adult interaction & at the zoo on top of it! :)

Candace Shiflet said...

First, you look SO good!!! You do not look like you just had a baby at ALL!! SO fun you 3 got to go out with friends and stuff :) Plus the Phoenix zoo is awesome and has so many fun animals. Glad Mia had a good time, selective hearing and all haha and I hear ya on this weird cold weather!! I'm used to heat and all of a sudden the temps dropped. Time to break out "winter" clothes!
xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

Shaunacey Bonneville said...

going out with more than 1 is always a challenge!! I still get anxious about it at times but you just somehow manage

www.confessionsofafrumpymommy.com

Evelina said...

Your hair looks so good! Sounds like Mia had a great time at the zoo being very independent! Haha Btw, is your friends' stroller the Britax B-Ready?

allison_cooley3@hotmail.comson said...

I love Mia's curls! Brylee has selective hearing too and it's the worst! Yay for a get out of the house fun day!

'Tis Our Life Blog

Kirsty and Seth said...

It looks like it was such a fun day! I can't get over how grown up Mia is looking these days and her hair is getting so long!

Manning Meanderings, Mishaps and Musings

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Sometimes you just have to let all the energy out! Glad you guys got out despite sleep deprivation!! Here's hoping Mia's was just a fluke!!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!