Monday, November 2, 2015

my favorite Halloween


Our first Halloween as a family of FOUR was one for the books! We started celebrating a week before with a couple different trunk or treats, just to warm Mia up for the real deal on Halloween night ;) Our friends invited us to a neighborhood party where they close down the street, brought in bounce houses and even had a DJ! There was tons of food and candy. Actually, there were so many distractions that Mia didn't have the patience for actual trick or treating, ha ha! We made it to a couple houses and that was about it! But Mia was obsessed with the slide and went down by herself!!! Have you seen how big and steep those bounce house slides are?! She is one brave girl :) She ate cheeto puffs for dinner, fell in love with Cinderella (and at one point Mia lifted up her dress and tried to run and hide under it, BAH! Eric grabbed her and pulled her away from Cinderella before she could get all the way under, hahaha!) and danced the night away! She seriously danced/jumped non stop for a good hour - hour and a half! Her very favorite thing was the smoke machine, it was nearly impossible to tear her away from the corner of the dance area :) Sweet baby James just slept the night away! His first Halloween couldn't have been more exciting ;)


Mia picked out their costumes this year and little Mickey and Minnie Mouse will forever hold a special place in my heart from now on! While I was pregnant, Mia really wanted to be Elsa and told me that baby brother could be Olaf. But we were in the Disney store and showed Mia the baby Mickey onesie and she instantly changed her mind to Minnie and Mickey and never looked back! She talked about their costumes all the time when I was pregnant and loved them even more when she got to see them on herself and James :) It has been the sweetest thing! Oh how I love my little Mickey and Minnie mouse!

26 comments:

BLovedBoston said...

Oh my gosh - how sweet are those two! I mean i can't even get over little mickey! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

P!nky said...

Cutest costumes, ever! She was the prettiest pink Minnie Mouse and James was such an adorable Mickey. Her dance moves were too, too, cute! So glad you had a fabulous Halloween! I bet the pumpkin pancakes were delicious! :)

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

Oh my goodness! How stinkin cute are your little Mickey and Minnie Mouses? Love it! Glad you had such a great Halloween girl! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

birdie to be said...

What cuties! Glad you had a good Halloween!

Kelly Mock said...

What a cute idea! Sounds like a perfect celebration indeed! Love the costumes! Looks like we have similar minds!

Unknown said...

Aww, love the Minnie & Mickey costumes! Glad to hear you had such a great Halloween!!

sara [at] journey of doing said...

So cute!!! Love that picture of James! So much personality!! What a fun idea to basically have a block party for Halloween!!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

I love Minnie and Mickey! SO CUTE! So glad you guys had the best Halloween! I love love loved that video of Mia dancing! What a little dancing machine!

Caroline @ Windy City Chic said...

Oh my gosh that first picture... SO CUTE. Love that one of you guys all together too. I'm glad that you enjoyed your first Halloween as a family of four too. I hope that you have an amazing day today too! :-)

Unknown said...

How cute is this!?!? So so adorbs!

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness, could the cuteness factor be any higher right now??? They are ADORABLE!!!!!!! Too much cute, I can't take it!
So glad it was a great Halloween for you all!

Tawnya Faust said...

They are the CUTEST little minnie and mickey! Scarlett actually had the same minnie costume and then she changed her mind the last couple of weeks before halloween... rookie mom mistake ;)

touchofcurl said...

Beautiful family! I had my own excited little Minnie Mouse this year, such a classic and adorable costume!

xoxo www.touchofcurl.com

Anonymous said...

Seriously, that family picture is PERFECT. and hooray for Mia LOVING halloween!!! She sounds like she had a blast.

According to Kiki said...

Oh my, honestly, when I saw the photo of Mia from far away, I thought baby James was a stuffed animal. haha. How precious are they! Many more Halloweens to come! (:

Mandie said...

Oh my gosh, I love the Mickey & Minnie. So stinkin' adorable! :)

Jessie said...

Adorable family! There's nothing better than celebrating the Holidays with little ones under your roof.

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

Love it!!! SO adorbs!!!

Ashley Brickner said...

Precious - love that they were Mickey & Minnie!!!! My little brother and I were that when we were little!

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

And the winner of the TOO freaking cute award is you. Job well done mom!

Shaunacey Bonneville said...

AH! Cuteness OVERLOAD!!!!! I love love love this!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

aww love that she picked out their costumes! That makes it so much more special. And what a fun night on a closed down street with bounce houses? what! I'm moving ha.

Evelina said...

I love that they have a theme! SO adorable in their Mickey and Minnie!

Hall Around Texas said...

Oh my word. They are the cutest Micky and Minnie. I just love this sweet brother/sister duo.

allison_cooley3@hotmail.comson said...

What a fun Halloween! They are the cutest Micky and Minnie Mouse!

'Tis Our Life Blog

Kirsty and Seth said...

Your children are just adorable! It looks like you are having so much fun as a family of four!

Manning Meanderings, Mishaps and Musings

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!