Monday, November 30, 2015

two little turkeys {Thanksgiving 2015}

Is it just me or is Thanksgiving not nearly as relaxing as I remember it? I didn't even spend the day in the kitchen yet I felt like I ran a marathon by the end of the day, ha ha! This year was kind of a bummer since Eric had to work on Thanksgiving (we will celebrate with our own special meal in the coming days!) but my sweet cousins invited us over for the day so the kids and I weren't alone! We enjoyed good food (so much good food!) and good company! If I remember right, Mia had 4 cherry tomatoes, an apple slice or two and one bite of pumpkin pie for her big feast, HA! I didn't even try and fight her though. She wanted to play with her cousin so I just let her :) They jumped for hours and hours on the trampoline (we gotta get one of those! Burns so. much. energy.) while I juggled nursing James, eating and talking for hours and hours... I don't think I stopped eating, ha! I took a few pictures (when I say a few, we really know I mean 200 and you better believe I can't bring myself to delete more than 5 of them, ha!) of the kids first thing in the morning, thank goodness, because I neglected to take any more photos the rest of the day. Oops! But these little turkeys are all anyone wants to see anyway, right?! ;)
 James' Outfit c/o L'ovedbaby
This was our eighth Thanksgiving Eric and I have celebrated since being married... and the first time we haven't spent the day with our parents. The first of many holidays to come, I'm sure, since we moved away from Utah, and that is a totally weird feeling. I'm not sure I like the idea of it since we have kids and these holidays are all about bringing the family together! But we will definitely learn to make the most of it and come up with our own family traditions to make the holidays special and something for our kids to look forward to in the coming years! What are some of your Thanksgiving traditions?!

15 comments:

P!nky said...

Your two little turkeys are so stinking cute, and so sweet together. Your pictures always make me smile. <3 you!

Evelina said...

That is so sweet of your family to have you and the kids over! Enjoy your upcoming thanksgiving meal!

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

I feel like every year the holidays get a little more and more crazy because we are always trying to cram so much into such a short amount of time? Love your sweet little ones!!

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

Sucks Eric had to work but glad you were still able to spend time with family and enjoy the holiday! I agree, Thanksgiving is not nearly as relaxing as I remember it! And love the pics of your sweet little turkeys! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Jenn said...

So glad that you were able to spend the day with the cousins since Eric couldn't be there!
Love those little turkeys--adorable, as usual!

BLovedBoston said...

So wonderful you got to spend the day with family and I love that you and Eric will be having your own celebration a little later - makes the holidays last even longer!! Your two littles - doesn't get much cuter! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

Caroline @ Windy City Chic said...

My in-laws left this morning and I'm exhausted!! So I hear ya on the being tired part haha. I didn't do any cooking either, just ate haha. I also understand and can relate to not having your family around you during the holidays. I'm sure that you guys will come up with some fun traditions for your own family though! :-) Those pictures are the cutest too. :-)

Ashley Brickner said...

Such sweet pics of your turkeys!!! Love your positive attitude even though you all can't be together!!! And yay for a second dinner!!!!

Faith said...

Hubs had to work on Thanksgiving too and that was a big bummer. But I still had a nice time with my family and brought him home lots and lots of leftovers.

Beautiful pictures!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

That's so sweet of your family to invite you over since Eric had to work! The kids look adorable as usual :) I LOVE the pictures of Mia snuggling James! Hope you guys had a great belated Thanksgiving later this week!

sara [at] journey of doing said...

LOVE these sweet pictures! Mia is settling in SO well as James' big sister. I love it. ;) And yes... Thanksgiving totally doesn't seem that relaxing... maybe it's because I did ALL the cooking (and cleaning!) this year.... but I was absolutely beat by the time I sat down at the table, lol...

Emily said...

Mia looks like she is SUCH great, big sister in all of these pictures you post of the two of them. SO cute!

Mandie said...

That sucks that Eric had to work on Thanksgiving - boo. :( But it's nice that you got to celebrate with the cousins. :)

The kids look adorable as ever, I just cannot get over the love Mia has for her baby brother, it really shows.

According to Kiki said...

Ahhhh I love how much Mia loves baby James! I totally agree. Thanksgiving was once a relaxed holiday with stretchy pants and naps. Now we go to 4 Thanksgivings in 2 days and going back to work feels like the real holiday. (; Oh growing up...

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

That last pic is so sweet, love them all though! Thanksgiving with a kid is definitely not as relaxing ha. Even if you don't cook. And Aria ate bread for her Thanksgiving feast and that was it. Not even the mac and cheese...come on kid.

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!