Wednesday, November 25, 2015

T H A N K F U L

Mia's Bracelets c/o Poppy Lane and Co James' Pants c/o Olive The Things Moccs c/o Freshly Picked

The quality of these photos is pretty much the worst, but the thoughts and emotions I experienced while snapping these yesterday are priceless! I was busy doing hair all day (oh how I've missed doing hair!) and as I thought about these pictures I took on my phone real quick before starting my busy day, my heart was bursting with gratitude! I can't help but share just a few of the things that crossed my mind as I worked yesterday that I'm thankful for!

My sweet babies! They are the perfect addition to our family and Eric and I could not be more grateful to be Mia and James' parents!

That loyal, fun, handy, loving, witty (sometimes annoying and infuriating) husband of mine! Eric and I have been married 7 1/2 years now and in some ways I can't believe how quickly the time has flown (can't we be newly weds forever?!) and in other ways it feels like we've been married forever! We've experienced many highs and lows plus everything in between (and have much more to experience together) through the years and there's no one I'd rather experience life with!

Clothing. Food. Our vehicles. Air conditioning. My bed. The roof over our heads. Showers.

Naps. Hugs and kisses. Cuddles. Bed time.

Eric's job. The opportunity that I have to stay home with our kids. My talent as a hairstylist. Oh how I miss my salon, my girls and my clients! I miss it everyday and the outlet it provided (creatively and socially)... but I'm grateful I can call it my hobby for now (until I put a salon in our future home) and have something to fall back on should the need ever arise.

Earth. Mountains. Fresh air. Changing leaves. Flowers. Lakes. The ocean.

Friends. Friends that love and accept Eric and I just the way we are (or should I say friends that can handle Eric and I just the way we are ;) ha ha!) Friends who love my babies like their own.

Family. Near and far, immediate and extended.

Our health.

Christ's atonement. The love our Heavenly Father has for us... A love that I only understand a fraction of, even with being a parent myself.

My cell phone... that I use to snap photos of my babes on the daily... that I use to connect with all of you... that I use to keep track of my calendar (and basically everything else you can think of that I need to get me through each day!) I'm grateful that I have it and all the conveniences it offers, and I'm grateful that I can put it away and focus on what's right in front of me, what truly matters.

Thanksgiving, and any holiday that causes us to stop and reflect on the beautiful lives we live. I am blessed... we are blessed! Despite the trials that surely come our way, we are blessed!



P.S. Just in case you needed one more thing to add to your black Friday shopping list... this is it! Poppy Lane and Co is offering all of you 20% off your purchase using the code "BLACKFRIDAY20" at check out on Friday! Plusssss a free Swarovski charm of choice with purchase. Need I say more?

Happy Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

All incredible things to be thankful for...big and small! I'm thankful for you, friend! <3 Happy Thanksgiving!!

According to Kiki said...

Oh my goodness! Miss Mia and Mr James are just too cute for words! I cant even imagine the emotions you are going through at this time having your family so full of love and complete. All the best reasons to be thankful! (:

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

Oh I just LOVE the pictures of the two of them together! And Mia kissing James? FRAMER! Happy, happy Thanksgiving sweet friend!

Shaunacey Bonneville said...

little sweethearts!! have a wonderful Thanksgiving

Confessions of a Frumpy Mommy

allison_cooley3@hotmail.comson said...

What a great list! The last picture of Mia kissing James is too much! All the heart eyes!!

'Tis Our Life Blog

Ashley Brickner said...

Love little Mia kissing James! So thankful for these babies! Happy thanksgiving, friend! XO

Kelly Mock said...

Well said! Darling photos too!

Evelina said...

I love this. I hope you and yo family have a very wonderful Thanksgiving!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!