Our favorite day of the weekend was Friday since that was our family fun day, but here are some fun highlights from the whole weekend:
- Swimming with Eric and Mia on Friday. It was 100 degrees again and we just couldn't stay away from the water! Mia was in total heaven having us both to play with!
- Family nap time after swimming. Does it get any better than that?!
- Mia rode a horse BY HERSELF for the first time! And she has not stopped talking about it since. She also became best friends with a spunky goat, they were adorable together! Mia was so happy and not the least bit terrified to be surrounded by animals. My fearless little two year old!
- Family date night at BJs! Pizza and pazookies... the perfect end to a perfect day with my favorite people. (Okay, so we snuck in a spinach salad to get some greens in our bodies as well, ha!)
I'm super bummed that I wasn't able to get a good picture of Mia on the horse, she had the biggest smile the whole time!
- Mia had her first ever swim lessons on Saturday! She absolutely loved it! It's giving me such piece of mind that this girl is actually learning how to take care of herself in the water, and to hopefully be learning some respect (and fear) for the water... especially since we will be spending so much time in pools now that we live in Arizona!
- We soaked up the best family time at our cousin's first birthday party! I've never lived close to the Crowley side of the family (my dad's side) so it's been so fun to be able to get together for holidays/celebrations/just because! Mia loves it as much as I do!
- Sunday was an incredibly laid back day (for me) full of sweet texts from Eric while he was at work. It's not how we had planned to spend our actual anniversary day but you know, life.
- Mia and I went to church... getting out of the house each day totally helps the time go by faster until Eric is home with us again!
- We were treated with a little peek into monsoon season Sunday evening! Heavy downpour that lasted no more than 15 minutes, lightning and thunder (that lasted sporadically through the night/early morning) and blessed cool down with the temperature... Mia and I were in heaven. Eric's not quite the storm lover like his girls are, but it made for a fun evening! We definitely soaked up the cooler temperatures outside once the lightning storm passed! I am excited for more of these storms this summer!