- Swim lessons on Saturday. Mia is getting so much braver in the water (she floated on her back for the first time! Of course that lasted all of two seconds once she realized we were no longer touching... but it's major progress considering every other time we tried so wouldn't let the water touch her ears!) I actually love doing the classes with her because it's so fun to see how much she loves them, we have a lot of fun together, and it takes all the weight off my body being in that water :)
- Saturday night movie night! We've slowly been working our way through our Disney movie collection with Mia on the weekends. We usually only watch a half hour at a time, so it takes all weekend to finish a movie, but it's guaranteed cuddle time and I LOVE it! This time we watched Beauty and the Beast. Mia is super obsessed with princesses right now (those are the only books she will pick to read!) so she loved watching Belle!
- I never do this, but I was so exhausted after breakfast Sunday morning that I turned on the TV, cuddled up to Mia on the couch and took a nap! Mia was in heaven because, hello? TV! I was in heaven because of cuddles and sleep, ha ha!
- Mia's favorite part of the day was church! She seriously loooooves church. And I seriously use that against her... if she's being a stinker or not listening to me, I threaten that we will stay home instead of going to church (or that I will take her home if we are already at church), HA! Does that make me a bad mom? Maybe... but she shapes right up every time ;)
- I had all the boring plans lined out for Monday morning like the gym, grocery shopping, etc since Eric was at work, but then I decided to make it fun for Mia. After we got home from running errands, I cut some watermelon slices and off to the pool we went! They turned on all the water slides and fountains for the first time since we've been here, plus the place was packed! Mia was in heaven and kept shouting, "this is FUN!" We missed Eric, of course, but I'm glad I made the day a little more special for Mia!
- We ended the day with lasagna (grilling is strictly Eric's job, ha ha!) and more watermelon, but Eric did have a BBQ with the guys at work so at least someone ate the right grub for the holiday ;)
Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Memorial Day weekend 2015
Posted by Courtney B at 6:37 AM