Tuesday, May 12, 2015

hiking, massages & pool time (kid free)- oh my!

I was feeling majorly bummed over a huge project that started the beginning of the month at work for Eric that took him away for our anniversary, and looked like it was going to do the same for Mother's Day weekend. I'm no stranger to Eric having to work over these special events/days/holidays as Eric worked last Mother's Day (and Mia had the pukes, lucky me) but I was looking forward to some pampering and then some family fun. Luckily, Eric was able to sneak away from work to stay home with Mia on Saturday and it ended up being the BEST day!
My day started with a 4:30am wake up call (not my fave!) to go meet Courtney at the Phoenician in Scottsdale. We had reserved our spots to go hike the famous Camelback hike with the fitness group and I was so excited to do my first hike in Arizona! It was fun to learn a little about the area, but we had an even better time when it was time for the group to turn back and we kept going! It felt good to hike at our own pace and enjoy being active! I was worried that pregnancy would slow me down, especially when a few friends warned me that this hike was pretty difficult, but luckily this felt pretty good to me considering how often I hiked in Zion Nation Park last year (the elevation difference is a killer!)
After making the killer trek downhill (is going down worse for anyone else than going up?! because ouch!) we went to the spa at the Phoenician to check in for our massages! We showered, snacked on fruit and drank their delicious water. You guys, I know I sound crazy for raving about their water, but oh my gosh, their water!! I never would have thought to add basil to water, but they mixed strawberries, lemon, mint and basil in the water and I've seriously never tasted something SO GOOD! Of course my massage was heavenly, why do I indulge only once a year?! After the massages, we had big plans to go to the pool (one of their 7 pools) and... sleep!
 Sometimes I try and pretend that there's a bump there, ha ha! 19 weeks- it should be coming soon!
Courtney and I soaked up being pool side for hours by eating, napping, having uninterrupted girl talk and eating some more! We love our kids, but man, what a luxury it was to sit and not have to worry about anyone but us :) ha ha!
We ended the night the best way possible... by having our husbands meet us with the kids for dinner! I was so excited to see my people and they were so excited to see me :) I was especially excited to see how Mia would be dressed and what her hair would look like, ha ha. Daddy took good care of her by brushing her hair and letting her help pick out her outfit! Those two, the cutest! Of course Eric looks like he's in pain in this picture though... his signature look when I ask for a picture of us (where's the eye rolling emoji when I need one?!)
I definitely wish Eric could have been home with us on Sunday as well, but I'm grateful for the little escape I got, the girl time was amazing!! Then eating dinner all together was just the cherry on the top of a perfect day!

27 comments:

meandmr.com said...

That sounds so wonderful!!!! I love getting massages and how nice you also got to sleep!
Melanie @ meandmr.com

P!nky said...

Oh my, it looks like such a wonderful day. That call time was early but sounds amazing. And YES, going down the mountain is much more painful than up. Ouch, my joints are NOT a fan at all. So glad you got just mama time and then were able to see your people for dinner :)!

Jenn said...

Awww this sounds like the BEST day ever! Girl time with some exercise, relaxation (and a massage!) and then time with the hubs' and kids! Perfection. Love that you got in such a perfect day--you definitely deserved it! :)

BLovedBoston said...

You more than deserved that little break girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

Pamela said...

ahh, sounds so nice!!

She's a big star said...

That day sounds absolutely AMAZING!!! So glad you got to enjoy it!

Karina Marie Powell said...

This sounds so wonderful! And yes you tiny thing! I can't see it!!! ;)

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

Ummmmmm I hope one day I am as lucky as you to be as teeny tiny at 19 weeks!

Brittany said...

Of course you rocked the hike in the Arizona heat! I expected nothing less from you! That massage and pool day sounds absolutely amazing. I'm glad you were pampered on Mother's Day, friend! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad he got to be there on Saturday with you guys! I always wonder what Chloe will look like when her daddy dresses her but Eric dis good!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad he got to be there on Saturday with you guys! I always wonder what Chloe will look like when her daddy dresses her but Eric dis good!

Erin LFF said...

What a WONDERFUL day!! Sounds so fun and perfect- plus Daddy and Mia meeting you at the end just finishes it all out :) Can I join you next time?!!

Caroline @ Windy City Chic said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend!! I'm glad that you had a fun day with your friend, and Eric did a good job with Mia's hair hehe. She also did a nice job with her outfit!! So cute. :-)

Jamie @ The Jamie's + 1 said...

Wow!! That sounds wonderful!! You look so good girl!!!

Alycia said...

Sounds so wonderful. And that is definitely the best way to end the day!! :)

allison_cooley3@hotmail.comson said...

What a fun mini vacation! Mia looks so old in the last picture!

'Tis Our Life Blog

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

So glad you had a nice relaxing Saturday! That hike looks amazing (I wish I could say I have the same problem going down but considering FL is about as flat as it can be I can't remember the last time I hiked an elevation!) and that pool is gorgeous! Sometimes a little kid and husband free time is all you need to rejuvenate! Oh and a massage doesn't hurt either! :)

<3, Pamela
Sequins & Sea Breezes

Alana Livingston said...

What a great day! Sorry you didn't get to have Eric home for Mother's Day but thank goodness you got some much deserved pampering : )

Julie said...

I've never had a massage before, I'm sure they are heavenly! Glad you enjoyed your mother's day :)

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

ahhh that sounds blissful. Kid free pool time, gosh that just sounds amazing.

Sarah said...

What a great relaxing day!

tina bumblebee said...

It's official... you had the best mother's day weekend haha.

The Yarbrough's said...

Ahhh I'm jealous!! :)'

Desiree Macke said...

Your day sounds like absolute perfection!
And yes, hiking back down is so hard on the knees. Oy!
As for a massage and pool time after all that fun, sounds simply heavenly!

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

What a completely fabulous day. I could really go for some girl time like that with my BFF :). I love that you ended the day with your families too, perfection!

Christy said...

Sounds so awesome!! And you look incredible! They say the bump shows up sooner for your subsequent pregnancies, but I guess that's not the case for you! :)

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a really fulfilling day. It’s great that Eric was able to sneak away this time, so you and your friend could indulge for the day. I hope you get to indulge more than a couple of times a year, since you deserve to. Thanks for sharing your day with us! Cheers!

William Connors @ The Healing Station

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!