...until she's 2 1/2! Eric and I were just talking about this yesterday and it kind of blew our minds. Time is FLYING!
- One day Eric mentioned how much Mia's vocabulary had grown in just over a week (he worked a ton and didn't get to see her that much) I don't even notice the little changes since I'm with her everyday, but it is crazy how I can have little conversations with her now! Every once in awhile Mia says something so out of the blue that I can't help but laugh and laugh! I'm trying to write everything down to put together another "Miaisms" post! I'm sure it won't be as funny reading about it, than if you could hear it yourself :) But we adore our little talker!
- Mia finally cut her second 2 year molar. These are little beasts, and they make life miserable for a couple months before finally cutting through. Half way there!
- Speaking of little beasts... Mia had her first ever melt down/tantrum in Walmart this past month. I was totally that mom, waiting in line to return something (slowest customer service line EVER!) while my child cried and screamed for 10 minutes straight... and I just ignored her. Oh the looks I was getting, ha! I did remind Mia to use her "inside voice" when her screams got a little too high pitched and loud... but gosh dang it, I was NOT giving in to her tantrum! Thank heavens her tantrums are rarer than rare, especially in a public setting. Sheesh!
- Mia started swim lessons and she LOVES them! We've only been to 2 so far but we are having so much fun in our mommy and me class!
- She got to ride a horse by herself for the first time ever (she's ridden a horse at a carnival once before, but I was on it with her) and she LOVED it! Mia is such an adventurous little animal lover!
- Mia started measuring sizes for small, medium and large objects by saying "baby" for small, "mommy" for medium and "daddy" for large sizes. It's so cute!
- She can almost count to 15. She absolutely loves counting and talking about numbers!
- I discovered that she knows Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars, although she gets bored of singing it if we ask her to. She only sings the whole thing on her own terms, ha ha! She also knows over half of the alphabet. I need to record how she says "w"... it's my favorite! "Dug-a-doo"
- She's still wearing a range of 12 month - 2T clothing! I think she still fits in one or two pairs of size 5 shoes, but mostly wears size 6 now!
- Well... Mia's still in size 5 diapers :) I let her pick out "McQueen" underwear and after peeing through 2 pairs in 20 minutes I decided I wasn't up for potty training. I didn't even give Mia a fair chance to learn, but I was not in the right state of mind to buckle down and potty train. Maybe I'll be more determined during the summer when it's too hot to leave the house... but for now I decided it's not worth a day, or three (or a week) of frustration from both of us. It may not even be worth it to me to give it a shot while I'm pregnant and VERY short on patience... unless Mia shows more interest in potty training. I don't want to force it on her and then be angry and frustrated over the accidents that will surely occur, if that makes sense? Mia is the type of personality that catches on quickly when she's ready for it, so I need to trust my instincts/intuition (whatever you want to call it) and wait to act on this until she let's me know she's definitely ready!
Mia has become more clingy to me in the past couple of months, and while I totally blame it on the pregnancy, I have to admit that I don't hate it! Gimme alllll the Mia cuddles! I seriously can't imagine loving her more than I already do, but our love continues to grow even stronger for her as each month passes by!