Monday, May 25, 2015

21 weeks {babybrink#2}

Not the normal bump shot, but proof that I've POPPED!
Size of baby: he should be the length of a carrot now. We found out at my ultrasound that he weighs 10 ounces! He's on the smaller side (as was Mia) and I'm perfectly happy with that. I'd much rather birth babies on the smaller side, ha ha! (Even though Mia and I measured small my whole pregnancy, she showed the right growth patterns at each appointment! She still weighed a whopping 7 pounds at birth! I was a definitely expecting her to weigh 6 pounds so that was a surprise for me!)

Movements: I'm feeling him all the time, all across my belly. I forgot how much I loved feeling a baby inside! His movements are the sweetest reminders that he's with me 24/7. I definitely prefer my baby in my arms instead of my body, but I'm soaking up these treasured movements inside as much as I can!

Cravings: donuts and shrimp tacos (from Cafe Rio to be exact) Eric did get me a donut after my ultrasound, ha ha! We tried to indulge in Cafe Rio's shrimp tacos but they only serve those on Saturday's in Arizona :( In Utah they have them on Tuesday's as well! Such a let down, ha!

Miss anything: having clear skin!! I'm not blessed with beautiful, glowing skin when I'm pregnant. As a matter of fact, my hormones hate me and prove so by constantly causing breakouts in the "hormone zones" on my face :( I was hoping it would be cleared up by now. UGH!

Random: Mia is turning into quite the protective sister already! We've told her the name we are thinking of for baby brother (but we won't officially decide until he's born) and she's mentioned it a few times, but never said it out loud to anyone else besides us. I had a doctor appointment a few days after the ultrasound and the nurse asked if we had decided on a name, I told her not yet. After a few more questions she left the room Mia gave me a stern look and said, "it's _______!" I didn't even realize that Mia was paying any attention, or that she cared if we told other people the name, ha ha!

Best moment of the week: watching baby boy during our anatomy ultrasound! Mia was super excited about it at first: "baby brudder! Baby brudder swimmin' in da water!" "Baby go nigh-night" and then she wanted snacks and her tablet, ha ha! Eric and I think he has the same nose as Mia! We can't wait to see what he looks like! I can't believe we are officially on the downhill slope of this pregnancy... time is flying!

18 comments:

P!nky said...

Awww what a sweet picture, friend, I love it!

Sorry about the hormones, lady, that is so fun at all. Hoping your skin clears up quickly.

So cute about Mia being protective about the name, just so sweet!

Alana Livingston said...

Too cute about the "baby brudder go swimming" comments! I can't wait to find out the name!

Tawnya Faust said...

oh my gosh Scarlett was the same at our ultrasound, excited then just wanted her tablet and snacks ;) I broke out really bad my last pregnancy but this one has been better so far, I know how you feel though!! It just sucks :(

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

So sweet! I love how Mia is embracing her role as a big sister already! And I love that you've popped. I love that sweet little bump!

Evelina said...

I love that she knows to not say anything about the name! She's going to be such a great big sister!

Jenn said...

I love that she's already in protective big sister mode, looking out for her little brother's name--so sweet!

Kelly Mock said...

Aww finally a wee bump!

allison_cooley3@hotmail.comson said...

Mia's going to be such a great sister! I broke out really bad too when I was pregnant...darn hormones, but it was all worth it in the end!

'Tis Our Life Blog

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh I miss Cafe Rio sooo much :( You look beautiful!

Ashley said...

Oh my goodnessssss cutie pie cutie!!! I love feeling baby move...no better feeling in the world!

Allison said...

Yay you did pop! Love this picture of you two...I mean three. ;) And so fun to feel baby moving. Enjoy every second! XO

Whitney @ Work it Mommy said...

So cute, you look great! Both daughters looked identical in their 20 week profile shots, it was eerie ;)

Laura Darling said...

So cute that Mia is so excited!!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

So cute about the name and Mia. What do you mean ma his name is such and such!!! I think you might be locked in now =)

Brittany said...

It DOES feel like time is flying! I can't wait to see his precious face! Such a great picture of you and your girl!

Nina Robinson said...

More than halfway there! So exciting! Love that pic of you two. And it's so cute that Mia is already paying such close attention to her baby bro :) I think we'll wait till baby's here before we officially decide on a name too, even though we keep getting pestered by people who want to get him personalized gifts.

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

I just love that picture! It is just the sweetest!

Donuts are simply just the best. I crave them all the time and have no excuse to blame it on, lol.

Laura Marie Keenan said...

You popped for sure, adorable! I have terrible skin during pregnancy too! Try using Thayer's witch hazel toner; it helped me a bit!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!