10 months! And yes, the bow is actually as obnoxious as it seems in the picture. But I love it :)- Our little mover figured out how to climb stairs on September 21st (one day after turning 9 months)! She LOVES to go up them but has no clue how to go down, ha ha! She's pretty speedy, too!
- Mia is getting better and better at standing all by herself! She stands the best when she is distracted by holding something in her hands. It's so neat to see the triumph in her face when she is about to topple over but regains her balance just in time :)
- She has been nodding her head up and down for a couple months now, but she just figured out shaking her head from side to side in the past couple of weeks. She doesn't know that it means "no", obviously. It's stinking cute for now! I'm sure it won't be as cute when she shakes her head at me and means no ;)
- Mia's hair has been growing like crazy! It's gotten long on top and in the back... in other words she has totally sprouted a mullet :) It's not long on the sides but it seems to be filling in! I'm tempted to give her her first haircut one of these days!
- One of her favorite things to do is open and close doors. She will sit there for minutes (which is a big deal, ha!) and close the door, stick her fingers through the crack and pull it back open! She thinks it's especially funny when one of us is in the room on the opposite side of the door... it's her own version of peak-a-boo!
- Mia is SO giving of her kisses and it melts my heart! Just the other day I caught her kissing her book, looking at it and then laughing, ha ha! Who knows what was going through her mind? But I do know that books are her favorite and she has made the connection to kiss what she loves! And each morning when I get her out of her crib I snuggle her close and whisper "give me a kiss" and she always does! Now I need to teach her to blow kisses!
- She rarely eats baby food! Mia eats whatever we eat for all 3 meals! If we are out and about then I'll give her a pouch but seriously, she just eats off our plates if we go out to eat or eats whatever I make for dinner! And she'll eat anything. The girl loves her food!
- Mia loves crying babies! She gets so excited and laughs when she hears a baby cry! In fact, she loves to watch videos of herself on my phone, but her favorite video is one of her throwing a tantrum and screaming bloody murder ha ha! She's a bit of a weirdo :)
- We finally put the 3-6 month clothes away (except for a couple shirts, her Gap skinny jeans and her 3 month jacket) and are dressing Mia in 6-9 month clothes, yay! It's been fun putting together new outfits! She stays in each size for so long that I get sick of the clothes!
- And she still wears size 2 diapers.
It's hard to tell in this picture but she is totally standing by herself!
I think it's safe to say that these past 10 months went way faster than the 10 months (because really, pregnancy lasts longer than 9 months. Especially if you go past your due date) of pregnancy I endured to bring Mia into this world! And it's just. not. fair. But I wouldn't trade this time, or my pregnancy, for anything in the world! We don't know how we ever lived without Mia!