Tuesday, May 15, 2012

the last time I was in Hawaii...

- I was 15 years old.

- We spent a week in Oahu.

- Our taxi was a limo. That's the only time I've ridden in a limo :)

- My older brother, Trevor, wanted to be sure he went home with a tan so he didn't wear any sunscreen our first day there. My parents decided not to fight him on it since he was 18.... he'd learn his lesson real fast :) Trevor burned so bad that his skin was blue. I'm thinking the rest of the week wasn't very pleasant for him!

- I learned to surf along with my brothers and my dad.

- I was out surfing for too long and didn't reapply my sunscreen soon enough so the back of my legs fried. My skin was purple (we were a colorful family that week). My little brother, Derrick, couldn't resist telling me I looked like I "had a stick up my butt" anytime we walked somewhere. My skin was so fried that I could barely bend my knees! Random strangers would stop me and ask me if I was aware that my legs were burned pretty badly. As if the pain didn't clue me in on that fact....

- We enjoyed the best shrimp I've ever had!

- We did not do one hike that whole week. No hiking to waterfalls, and no hiking up a volcano!

- I met a boy, crushed on him, and got a kiss at the end of the trip :)


This time when I'm in Hawaii....

-We'll be in Maui.

- I plan on swimming in sunscreen. No sunburns this time, please!

- I probably won't be surfing. Eric definitely doesn't want to learn to surf.

- We're planning on hiking to some waterfalls and doing a bike ride down a volcano. Gotta make up for missing out on the last trip!

- I hope to drink my weight in Pina Coladas. The virgin kind, of course :)

- I will take TONS of pictures of the scenery... I really didn't take any on my last trip.

- We probably won't eat enough food, we have to pay the tabs this time. Being an adult is such a bummer sometimes, ha ha ha!

- I plan on kissing a boy, a lot. His name is Eric in case you were wondering....

28 comments:

stephanie said...

so jealous of your trip! have so much fun!!

Meesh said...

Yay!! Have fun!! Lots if pics so i can reluce it lol
-Meesh :)

Meesh said...

Relive* darn phone!!

Sam said...

I've never been! Please take pictures!!

www.samspinkslippers.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

Both times seem like a blast (minus the burn of course). I hope you have such an amazing time and come back perfectly tan NOT RED with lots of pictures to share. Have fun!

Amber said...

Have fun!!!!

Lauren said...

Have a blast!!!

Liz said...

Have fun!!!! Can't wait to see your pics!!

Laynah said...

Haha, that dang pain, always reminding you how sunburnt you were! Good call on the swimming in sunscreen part...and the kissing LOTS part :) Every time I kiss Matt right after he gets off work he tastes like sunscreen because it sweats off onto his lips I think? Ha. Yay on the hiking/picture taking part!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

Have so much fun!!!!! Maui is the best!!!! Can't wait to see the pics!

Amanda said...

Oh my word, have so much fun! My in-laws leave for Hawaii on Sunday for 10-11 days.. I'm so jealous! Can't wait to see pictures :) enjoy yourself and your love!

Jenessa said...

I'm so jealous you get to go to Hawaii!! I went to Maui right before I turned 14 with my friend's family...there's definitely some things I want to redo. I hope you have a fabulous time!! :)

Bree said...

Yay!!!!! We leave for our beach trip tomorrow! Woohoo for beaches! :) I hope you guys have so much fun! I can't wait to see pictures!!! :)

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Lucky you. Hawaii is quite the paradise and I'm planning our trip too.

Carol Lee said...

Wow your itinerary looks good and well planned too! Have a blast!

personal investing

Kimberly said...

I have been to Maui and its my favorite place! enjoy!

Cindy P said...

Sounds awesome!!! I hope you guys have a great trip! I want to go to Hawaii one day!

Julie said...

Sounds amazing!

Alyx said...

You are going to have an amazing trip!!!!

Pamela said...

Wah hooo! Have fun!! :)

Suget said...

This sounds amazing!! Have fun and more!! And send me a postcard!! (:

I expect to read and see lotsa posts and photos of this vacation!! (: hehe

Samantha said...

Have tons of fun! I've never been, so I'm a little jealous :)

Mel said...

I'm so jealous! ....hmpf

I do wish you guys THE BEST ...THE..Best trip though :)

Hope all your wishes are granted :)

That Girl said...

Virgin pina coladas are pretty much a meal anyway! Safe travels!

Alexis Kaye said...

please please please do the road to hana. Seriously it was our favorite part of the trip!!

Katie said...

I may or may not be vicariously living through your vacation! Hope its fabulous!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's going to be such an amazing time!!! Can't wait to see the photos!

Janna Renee said...

I have never been to Hawaii, but I SO want to go! Can I hide in your luggage? I'll chip in on the luggage fees! Say no to skin cancer and definitely where lots of the right kind of sunblock!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!