Monday, May 21, 2012

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack... unfortunately

Don't ask me why.... but we came back from Maui. Crazy, I know! I wish I could live there and be on vacation full time, ha ha! But I'm happy to say that we had the best week! We've been planning this family trip for over 2 years and there were only 2 downsides. The first, Trevor and Alycia weren't able to make it :( We missed you guys! Having adult responsibilities is the worst, ha. And the second, we weren't thinking when we booked the trip and we only got 1 rental car. Eric and I definitely needed our own car, but you live and learn!
We stayed at a beach front hotel and loved every second of it. It was amazing to walk down the path and be on the beach! We explored a lot and spent more than enough time at the beach. I'm STILL finding sand in odd places, ha ha. The worst part of the trip was definitely the red eye flight home. I thought I'd be tired enough from playing that I'd sleep the whole way but NOPE! There is just no possible way to get comfortable on those awful planes. If only I could afford first class :) I was so dang tired after our flight that I curled up on the nasty LAX floor and took a nap during our lay over. Speaking of lay overs... those suck pretty bad. The airlines changed our flight plan just a couple weeks before the trip and added 4 hour lay overs in LA both ways. We are not happy customers. But enough complaining from me! I can't wait to share our experiences.... but until then here are a couple pictures of heaven!

The view from our balcony. Waking up each morning and eating breakfast was the BEST! So beautiful.
One stretch of our beach. We played on the stretch that wasn't rocky :)
The island across the ocean from our beach, but I don't know which island it is :)
The path leading from our hotel to our beach. I wanna go back!

P.S. No sunburns for me... woo hoo!

50 comments:

Kirsten Wiemer said...

ahhhhhh this looks gorgeous. soo fun.
you look adorable in that green dress.
also yay for no sunburns!

k

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

I'm practicing not being jealous. it's not working.

However, I missed you. See you this week, yes? yes.

Pamela said...

GORGEOUS!! Can't wait to hear more about your fun trip!!

kyna... said...

Welcome back!!!! I missed you hon!
Can't wait to hear about the trip!
♥ Kyna

Meesh said...

Looks like you had fun!!! So jealous!! I hear ya on wanting to go back!! It is your own slice of heaven!! Glad you had fun and no sunburns!! Yay!! lol
Happy week!
-Meesh :)

The Stylers said...

Jealous!!! So beautiful!

Liz said...

Gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see more!!

Chrissy + Nate said...

Gorgeous! Glad to hear it was a good trip!

Nicole said...

Welcome back! Yay for no sunburns :) I got a real dumb one recently on my back. Thankfully it blended in! The pathway to your hotel was truly a site to see. I understand why you prefer to be there!

from head 2 toe said...

I have grown up visiting the islands 2-3 times each year since I was little and Maui is my favorite. I can tell exactly where you stayed and what beach you were at..creepy?! HA HA. Anyways, I love Maui. We went for our honeymoon and want to go back! Maybe a med school graduation present?!?

Sam said...

I want to go sooo bad! Love the pics!

www.samspinkslippers.blogspot.com

Alyx said...

glad you're back! Can't wait to see pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Super jealous!

Allison said...

Glad you had a wonderful time! Looks gorgeous!

Jessica said...

Ahhhh! Looks so relaxing! Glad you had a wonderful trip!

Michelle said...

So pretty! I'm so jealous.

Katie said...

So glad you're back...and can't wait to hear about it all and live vicariously through you :)

Lauren said...

Welcome back looks like an amazing vacation :-)

Shonnie said...

So jealous! Looks so fun!

Laynah said...

Wow those pictures are stunning! Namely, the last one. Hurrah for coming home without a burn!

Tere Shake said...

yay! how fun. i am so glad your back. i missed you.

RadiantKristen said...

So pretty! Glad you two had fun on your vacation!

Lauren said...

AHHHHHHH! Makes me want to go back SO bad! These look just like our honeymoon pictures! I'm glad you guys had such a great trip! I hated coming home too lol!


xo

Amanda said...

Welcome home!! :) beautiful pictures, I can't wait to see more! My in laws are there now.. I'm so jealous!

Carlie said...

omgosh! I love Hawaii! I can't wait to see more pictures and hear more about it!

lori said...

the pictures look absolutely gorgeous! glad you had a great time! but im glad youre back to blogging, too ;)

Krista Lynn said...

Soooo beautiful!!! I would love to go there someday! Every time I stalk on your blog I feel like you're always on a vacation or coming back from one...How do you do it?!!?!

Evelien said...

Amazing!!
I wanna go there too!!

Sue said...

Maui sounds wonderful! I can't wait to hear more about it :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pictures, I'm glad you two had a wonderful time!

Holly said...

Wow! Gorgeous photos! I can't believe you came back - I'm not sure I would have! Haha!

Cindy P said...

Beautiful!! So glad you guys had a great time!! I can't wait til we can get to Hawaii some day!

Julie said...

Gorgeous!!

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

Where did you stay?! And that island is Lanai :)

Samantha said...

It doesn't even look like a real place...so beautiful! Glad you had fun minus the airlines!

Christy said...

That's looks amazing!! You are definitely helping me gear up for our cruise next week! :)

Legally Lovely said...

Ahhh. Looks like paradise. Glad you had a great time - I would have had a hard time coming home too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, GORGEOUS!!! I am so jealous!! I would take a 4 hr layover any day to go on vacation in Hawaii.
Welcome back to the US! Glad you're home safe!

Haley said...

full time vacation...love it!!! :) So glad you had such an incredible time in Hawaii! xo

Jess said...

I loved Maui when I got to go a few years ago!! I'm so jealous of your trip! :)

Jess
fancypants514.blogspot.com

That Girl said...

We've made that same rental car mistake.

Chelsea said...

Amazing photos!
I would've flipped a lid seeing that whale! :)

Heather said...

Oh wow, your vacation pictures look amazingggg!!!

Lindsay [Elle Elizabeth] said...

The hubby and I stayed at the same exact hotel on our honeymoon! We stayed in the condo section! How funny is that!

m&msmommy said...

Totally and completely jealous! Next time you go, I'll take a ride in your suitcase! ;)

BEAUTIFUL pictures!

Glad you had fun (and wore sunscreen! :))

*Sorry for going commenting crazy on your posts! ;) I needed to catch up! :)

m&msmommy said...

Totally and completely jealous! Next time you go, I'll take a ride in your suitcase! ;)

BEAUTIFUL pictures!

Glad you had fun (and wore sunscreen! :))

*Sorry for going commenting crazy on your posts! ;) I needed to catch up! :)

jennifer blair said...

Wow! What an amazing place!!! You guys had an amazing view! Ah!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Ohhh it looks so pretty!! I can't wait to hear about your trip!

Leslie said...

Ahh LOVE LOVE LOVE Maui!! We went there on our honeymoon last May! Beautiful pictures!

Ash said...

that island is either lanai or molokai.. if you stayed toward the north side, its molokai.. more south, definitely lanai (:

im loving reading all your posts! i think we were in maui the same time!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!