Mia has turned into quite the photographer over the last week :) She actually got quite a few full body shots (including our heads) of Eric and me, but of course his smile is the most genuine in this one, ha ha!
- We didn't really make any plans for Friday because I knew Eric would be exhausted from work and just want a day of relaxing. So we started the day with a workout at the gym, then went to buy a mattress for Mia's bed, and of course we fit in a family lunch date! Mia was so excited to have Eric home that she kept telling me, "daddy not go anywhere!!" Eric was happy to oblige ;)
- We ordered Mia's bed online and I somehow totally confused THIS week's delivery date for last week. So I was planning on spending the rest of our day on Friday rearranging Mia's room, until I finally made the connection that the bed wasn't going to be delivered, oops! We still rearranged the room and put the new mattress on the floor because I was so anxious to get Mia transitioned! So far, so good (post coming later on the transition!) and now I'm anxious for this coming weekend when we can finish putting together the room and see how everything looks!
- Of course we ended our night with Disney movie night! Mia finally worked up the courage to watch Monster's Inc since both mom AND dad were home to keep her safe ;) We made a really big deal out of the silly parts so that she hopefully wouldn't develop a fear of monsters in her room, especially with the change of a new bed, and it ended up being the silliest of movie nights :)
This is why dad is way cooler than me, he gets on the floor and plays with Mia in the Disney store, ha ha!
- Saturday morning was pretty low key with working out, Mia and Eric washing the jeep together (so cute!)... just the little every day things that are SO much better with Eric around!
- Eric made my whole weekend by stopping for lunch at Cafe Rio where I indulged in shrimp tacos and a Dr. Pepper :) Yum!
- We spent the afternoon in Scottsdale (can't believe that's our first trip over since moving here!) shopping and Mia picked out brother's Halloween costume! So fun!
- Next we went to the cutest railroad park, but the temperature wasn't so cute... over 100 degrees but Eric and Mia didn't mind! We went on a train ride, the carousel, and played in the little "museum". We definitely plan to go back during the winter months and take advantage of playing outside all day in cool weather.
I didn't mind being the third wheel on their train date with a view like this ;)
- Sunday was a relaxing family day of church, naps and good food :)
- We started our Monday fun day at the pool! I don't think there's any better way to kick off the week :) the rest of the day wasn't so fun but we crossed a lot off our to-do list with some deep cleaning. Man, I am so thankful for Eric and what a HUGE help he is during his days off. He is the BEST!
Don't judge me for already counting down the days until our next weekend ;) We just can't get enough of our time as a family of 3!