Thursday, August 27, 2015

a love letter to my first


My sweet, sweet Mia. I am so full of emotion as I write this... I'm excited but anxious for the change that is coming our way! You will no longer be our only child, and while you love to talk about baby brother, you have no idea how your world is about to be rocked. I do have high hopes that this will be for the best, that we are giving you not just a sibling, but a best friend forever and ever! There may be weeks, even months of adjustment, but one thing that will never change through it all is how much your dad and I love you! You have been our whole world since the moment we found out we would be bringing you into this world! Our love for you won't change just because we somehow found the room in our hearts to love your brother as well.


You are special, Mia. The most special little girl in the entire world. You made me a mom. You were so many of my firsts... my first "love at first sight", my first baby. I'm in awe that you were, and will forever be apart of me, you precious girl!


I know you won't remember the days of just us, but I will. I won't ever forget the precious time we shared (though we will surely continue to have countless precious moments together, I promise!!) You taught me what unconditional love is. You showed me how forgiving one tiny human can be. You inspire me daily to be better, because you deserve the best! You have taught me so many lessons... God knew what He was doing when He sent you to our family!


We still can't believe that pure perfection came from your dad and me. You truly are perfect in every way, Mia. You are sweet, tender, witty, fun, happy, loving, beautiful, smart, silly, and the list can go on. I hope that we will be able to always teach and show you just how much you are worth! You are a daughter of God, a piece of us and you have the ability to make a difference in the world. Be the good, baby girl. And don't ever lose sight of what's truly important! Don't ever forget how much you are loved!


I will be forever grateful that you were my first baby (though not my last)! YOU were the one who made me a mom. I love you, Mia! From here to eternity...

18 comments:

Ashley G said...

This is such a sweet letter! Mia is precious!

P!nky said...

Oh my goodness, this is the sweetest, most precious letter. Mia will love reading this when she is older <3!

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet letter! I'm sure Mia will be the best big sister!!

Caroline @ Windy City Chic said...

So sweet Courtney!! Mia was the CUTEST baby too!! I mean she is obviously still adorable, but oh my gosh, she was precious when she was little. These pictures are all beautiful too. I hope that you are feeling good and having a good week too! :-)

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

OMG I love this so much! I can't wait for Mia to get older and read this. Such amazing words. I love that picture of Mia sitting in the grass and that last picture of you two! She's going to be such a great big sister!
<3, Pamela
Sequins & Sea Breezes

According to Kiki said...

This is beautiful. I hope Mia can look back at this one day and cherish these emotions. A another child can be a scary, exciting ride. But most of us have siblings and we all turned out ok. They will be the best of friends! So excited for you and your family and can't wait to see where this journey takes you. (:

Desiree Macke said...

So beautifully written. Mia sure is lucky to have such an amazing momma (and daddy, too)! She is certainly going to make the best big sister.

Foxy's Domestic Side said...

So sweet...Mia is going to be a great big sister! Can't wait for the cute pictures of them that will be coming our way :)

Tara said...

Precious! I LOVE how heartfelt this is... I had a lot of the same feelings when we welcomed baby #2. I remember most of these adorable baby pictures from when you first posted them... can't believe how time has flown by!

Kelly said...

Just beautiful...........

Courtney@PancakesandSparkles said...

Aw such a sweet letter it melted my heart so much! Mia definitely knows how much you and Eric love her, such a precious family.

Whitney @ Work it Mommy said...

So sweet! Baby Mia was just adorable!

Unknown said...

I'm not even pregnant and the thought of my little girl not being my "only" anymore makes me cry! But you're right, you're giving her a best friend and partner in crime! There is something really special about the one that made you a mom, and she'll love reading this someday.

Kirsty and Seth said...

Thanks Courtney, I'm now sitting here balking my eyes out after reading that! So beautifully written, you completely summed up what it feels like to be a mother. Your children are so blessed to have you xx

kirstyandseth.blogspot.co.uk

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

So, so beautiful!!! I hope Mia reads this one day and knows how much you loved her then, now and always!

Brielle said...

This is so heart meltingly sweet! I can't wait until we can add to our family. Mia is already the sweetest big sister!

Unknown said...

Oh my! This is so precious! I wish I had written one of these for my first daughter...I totally know how you feel. I almost felt bad for my daughter that I was taking attention away from her when I had my second and it was no longer just the two of us. But I can't tell you how much she loves her baby sister! It is such a sweet friendship that they have and I know your Mia will be totally in love with her baby. Its going to be so much fun! :)
www.sweetlytattered.com

Brittany said...

Oh my goodness. Eyes are welling up over here in Indianapolis...I know you think you're the lucky one to have Mia, but she's also so lucky to have you as her mom! I also just know she'll be an awesome big sister. I think I might be sappy because I love my little brother something FIERCE. He's truly my best friend and that is a bond I'm so grateful to have.

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!