Monday, August 24, 2015

34 weeks {babybrink#2}


Size of baby: a cantaloupe. I feel like I've hit the point that I can't imagine getting any bigger, but I know I'm about to get a lot bigger in the next 6 weeks. YIKES!

Movement: he's still a movin' :) On Friday I was telling Eric how much lower I must be carrying this baby because Mia was ALWAYS up in my ribs (which was so uncomfortable) and I haven't really felt that with him this time around. Obviously I know there's still a few more weeks of growing time and he WILL end up in my ribs... I just wasn't expecting it to be the very next day, ha ha! Baby boy showed me and planted himself up in my ribs all day Saturday! I definitely prefer feeling him move around below my ribs ;)

Cravings: shrimp tacos and a Dr. Pepper from Cafe Rio :) Dr. Pepper is my soda of choice and I kind of drank it like it was goin' out of style while pregnant with Mia, but dropped the habit after she was born because I was so concerned that the caffeine would mess up her sleeping (even though she was born with that stuff flowin' through her veins, ha!) I definitely have moments where I crave Dr. Pepper big time, but I've only indulged a couple of times this pregnancy. And Eric made my dreams come true with a family Cafe Rio date over the weekend :)

Miss anything: I try not to say this every week, but seriously, I just want clear skin again!! The acne is probably the best it's been in the last few months with minimal breaking out (compared to breaking out new every other day) but the scarring is quite obvious. Ugh! Definitely calling my dermatologist while I'm in the hospital after I give birth ;) ha ha. I'm only half kidding. Boy hormones do not agree with my skin!

Random: You guys, I'm 34 weeks. THIRTY FOUR! Only 6 weeks left... I remember feeling like I'd been pregnant forever at this point with Mia (and was doomed to be pregnant forever, ha!) but not this time. This pregnancy is flying by and the next 6 weeks will fly by even quicker! I mean, I just realized over the weekend that I haven't even registered at my hospital yet, oops! Time to kick it in gear and get things done!

Best moment of the week: finally switching Mia out of the crib to her big girl bed! I'm sure that will get a whole post of it's own, but Mia is in HEAVEN with her big girl bed and now she's super happy to be "giving her crib to baby brother" where as each time I asked her before, her reaction was basically HECK TO THE NO! Ha ha! I really wanted her good and settled in her bed before baby brother arrived because he won't stay in our room longer than a month (if that) and I didn't want her freaking out when he does end up in the crib. So far, so good! Such a relief!

15 comments:

P!nky said...

34 weeks, get out of here, lady! WOW!!!!!! You look amazing and shrimp tacos sound delicious, too!

I am soooooo glad Mia is good with her big girl bed. <3

Klein Dot Co said...

Gorgeous!!! Now go get some Dr. Pepper and shrimp tacos ;)

Christy said...

You look awesome!! And I had the same experience with acne when I was pregnant and then it cleared up totally until I weaned at 20 months and then I broke out all over again. Rotten hormones!!! I feel you!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

Ohhh Cafe Rio! I forgot how much I love that place until you mentioned it. Now I'm having cravings! HA!
Also, YAY for 6 more weeks!! And YAY for not being in your ribs! Mason was at the very end and it was so uncomfortable. That's the part I remember and hated the most lol. Stay down baby boy!

Kimberly said...

Oh man I'm 17 weeks and I've been pregnant twice before but I keep thinking "there just isn't anymore room!! How can I possibly keep growing!" It's just so crazy. And I was doing good staying off the Dr pepper but it's the only thing that helps my killer headaches (caused by my zofran. . . It's just a horrible cycle haha) I cannot wait to see your little guy! I need to get an outfit ready for him soon!!

Marie said...

You look beautiful.

Mandie said...

Six weeks left!!!! Eeek! It's gonna go so quickly!

I love the dress you're wearing, very pretty. :)

Desiree Macke said...

The weeks are flying by!!
I had MAD cravings for Cherry Pepsi this pregnancy - and I don't normally drink any sort of soda. Give yourself a little treat and have that Dr. Pepper!
And, oh my gosh I'm loving that dress!!

Leslie @ This is For Keeps said...

You look fantastic! Shrimp tacos and a Dr. Pepper sound amazing. Glad you got some this weekend! We've been dealing with some crib escapes over the past couple weeks, so we'll be making the bed switch sooner rather than later. Looking forward to your post about Mia and her big girl bed - please share any tips you have!! :)

Laynah said...

Crazy how this one has flown by! And you look so little to me still. LOVE that dress!

The Siberian American said...

Yay for Mia loving her big girl bed! You look gorgeous as always-that dress is beautiful on you. :)

Hannah said...

Oh, yay! A big girl bed! I'm glad she's doing well with the transition so far. Hopefully it continues to go well. You are so close; these last few weeks will seem like forever, but they will pass so quickly. Enjoy your time with Mia!

Whitney @ Work it Mommy said...

I had crazy pregnancy skin too, best tip came from my Ob/Gyn when he recommended using rubbing alcohol as a toner to dry up the excess sebum. It works so well I still use it daily (almost 2 years later lol) You look beautiful, Courtney!

Erin LFF said...

Oh my goodness, I bet you are getting so excited to meet little man!!! :) Right after you register at the hospital of course hehe!

Anonymous said...

Supposedly you can get clear skin again by putting honey or toothpaste on acne/zits.

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!