Thursday, October 22, 2015

introducing our kids to...


I forgot how much I love living in the city (or in our case just outside of the city in a beautiful, quiet neighborhood. We get to enjoy the suburb lifestyle but have everything we could need or want just a short drive into the city!) and having things to do! Eric mentioned a few weeks ago that the Boston Bruins were going to be in town. We used to go to hockey games all the time when we lived in northern Utah, but we were a little bit wishy washy on whether we wanted to take the kids or not. I finally decided a couple days before the game that it would be worth it to take the kids, especially since this is Eric's "team" (I mean, he is a New England fan even though the Red Sox take the #1 spot in his heart ;) ha ha!) and boy are we glad we went!
I forgot the rush of adrenaline you get just as the game is about to start, the loud music, the energetic fans... it's all so fun! Throw in some good food, fights, loud music (plus a win from our team) and we've got the funnest family date night :) The kids seriously did amazing, especially considering the game didn't even start until Mia's bedtime, and it felt so good to get out of the house with my people! There will definitely be more hockey nights in the near future :)

11 comments:

Jenn said...

Such a super fun experience...and great that you guys all got to do it together! Glad that there will be many more hockey game outings in your future! :)

P!nky said...

Hockey games are some of the best games, right? I miss having season tickets, you've reminded me I need to get to a game soon.

BLovedBoston said...

I think your kids need to go to college in Boston - it's only fair to Eric lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

Hockey games are so fun! You just made me want to go to a game this year for sure! And so fun that you get to enjoy family nights doing it! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Shaunacey Bonneville said...

lol gotta get 'em young!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Aww fun. I'm glad you went for it and went great! Esp hard to decide when bedtime is involved...kid could be amazing or a complete disaster. Like flipping a coin.

Brittany said...

Hockey is my absolute favorite! I think it's absolutely the best live game experience! I'm so glad you took Mia and James - raise them to love hockey, too!

According to Kiki said...

I LOVE hockey games. Honestly I haven't been to one in years and totally forgot how much fun they are! Can't believe how good Mia was!

Suget said...

I am digging Eric's hat!! He knows that good teams! (;
I am glad you had a great family night. I have never been to a hockey game, but it interests me.

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

So much fun! I have never been to see a hockey game. Little James looks so sweet all balled up in the carrier :).

Evelina said...

I love that you brought the kids to the game! I always wonder if it's hard or worth it but clearly it's awesome!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!