Is there a way to freeze time? Because I suddenly realized just how close Mia is to turning 3 (2 more months... how is that possible?!) I'm both excited and terrified for what's to come as Mia continues to grow! That "threenager" business is the real deal, and she's not even 3 yet... heaven help us, ha ha!
- Mia is a BIG SISTER now! And she's so proud of her new title! She has handled the transition SO well so far and my momma heart couldn't be more proud! Mia loves telling everyone that she's a big sister :)
- I've really noticed a huge jump in Mia's vocabulary and the way she carries on conversations. It's so weird to think that we ever had a hard time communicating! She sounds way too grown up with how she talks, jokes/teases, communicates!
- She got her last molar, finally! Those 2 year molars were beastly!! Just in time for baby brother to start the teething process, ha ha!
- Mia has officially hit the "I don't like...." stage. "I don't LIKE showers!" (She loves showers) "I don't LIKE eating at home!" "I don't LIKE bweakfast/wunch/deener!" "No mommy, I don't LIKE dat!" One second she will tell me she "lubs" something and the next she changed her mind and doesn't like it. Good grief, ha!
- She has also turned into the worst eater and that is going to drive absolutely batty!! Mia has always been a champ when it comes to eating food and has never been picky! Aside from not liking one or two things, it's always been very easy to feed her. Over the last few months though she has grown more picky, takes FOREVER to eat, etc. Meal times have turned into the biggest fights and it's kind of a nightmare. I can't wait for this phase to pass!
- Mia is obsessed with singing and we can't get enough of it!
- She's the best little helper! She loves to clean, fetches whatever we need when we ask her to, etc. She takes pride in being our helper! I hope this phase never passes ;)
- Baby brother got her a strider bike when we brought him home from the hospital (why yes, we were trying to bribe her to like him! but of course we didn't need to try. she has loved him from day one!) and she is fearless on that thing! She loves it so much and now I'm excited to see her on a bike with pedals (hopefully after her birthday or Christmas!)
- She still mainly wears size 2T clothing but wears anything ranging from 12 month - 3T depending on the brand/sizing. She's in size 6 shoes but it's looking like it's time to size up to a 7!
- Even though she still fits in size 5 diapers, we've moved her up to size 6 (to avoid buying 2 different sizes because she wears a 6 during the night) I've officially set the deadline for diapers! We start potty training mid-end November!
We can hardly remember what life was like without Mia, and now that James has joined the family we are even more grateful for our kids! So much love for our Mia girl!!