I've been a major slacker on taking pictures the last week. And I hardly have any of just James, but tons of Mia and James! Time to start taking more pictures of this little boy who is growing too fast!
- James nurses like a champ and has since day one.
- He took to his binky like a champ since the day we gave it to him (2 days old) He loves to have his hands hold it in place and we have photos of him holding it in the hospital. He grabs it and pulls it out of his mouth (on accident) all the time! He is already SO good at grabbing/holding things!
- James is the smiliest sleeper and it absolutely melts my heart! He's slowly starting to give us the tiniest of smiles when we talk to him, mainly in the morning! He also tries real hard to talk and coo at us!
- On October 7th, just 9 days old James rolled from his belly to his back. I thought it was just a fluke but he's done it every day since! When he's done doing tummy time he just rolls over! (He also lost his cord on this day.)
- He's been pretty great during the night since he came home from the hospital. He basically only wakes up twice in the night to eat! He's kept up the same routine this whole month, but we still have rough nights once or twice a week when he wakes up 3 or 4 times, or just doesn't go to sleep for quite awhile after a feeding.
- James HATED the little sponge baths he got before he lost his cord, and he's not especially in love with baths since going in the infant tub, ha ha! And he definitely HATES getting his diaper changed (but is so much happier and relaxed once it's done!)
- He blows bubbles when he's content and it's one of my favorite things!
- The smallest thigh roll has developed in the last week! Mia never had rolls!
- He's also filled out in the face in the last week. So many changes in the last week, he's losing his newborn look :( Baby boy is growing too quickly!
- James LOVES Mia and Eric's voices and totally perks up and searches the room for them when he hears them!
- The last few nights James has been sleeping (half of the night) in his crib instead of the bassinet in our room! He loves it, and so does Mia! She doesn't wake up to his crying (hallelujah!) I'm nervous how the transition will go once he sleeps all night in the crib, as well as during Mia's nap! They actually nap at the same time (hallelujah!) so I had James sleep in the crib once. Mia's nap was SO short (I'm used to her napping for 3 hours) and I'm guessing it was because she was so excited he was in her room. Hopefully she goes back to sleeping the full 3 hours as she gets used to him sharing her room!
We can't get enough of our James baby! Life is definitely crazier, especially as we are trying to figure out our new routine (nearly impossible as every day is different with him) but it's also the BEST! Mia has been the most loving, patient big sister and she absolutely adores him! I can't believe that only a month and a day ago we were wondering what he would look like, how are family dynamic would change once he arrived, etc. We are SO grateful for every day since he's been born!!