- Eric worked the first half of Saturday but Mia and I kept busy with swim lessons. Of course we continued swimming outdoors after lessons ended because Mia is the happiest water baby and it was her special day! (Although I'm not sure I gave her permission to keep growing so dang fast!) 2.5 already... how did that happen?!
- Mia was SO surprised when Eric walked in the door that afternoon and her day became that much happier! I got to sneak out that evening for a little girls night, but to my surprise, Mia didn't want me to go and cried even after I told her that she got to stay and play with daddy. That actually made me feel so good :) ha ha! Especially knowing that she would have a blast with Eric once I was gone!
- I got home after Mia went to sleep but Eric filled me in on their play time... it included grilling outside together (how they could stand the heat I'll never know!) and painting each others toes. That's right! Mia picked out some pink polish and asked Eric to paint her toes... I'm not surprised that he did it for her considering he painted mine when I was too pregnant with Mia to reach my toes :) but then he let her paint a couple of his! I've never even let her do that to me... best dad EVER!
- I planned on letting Eric sleep in Sunday morning but when Mia woke up at 6:00 it was all I could do to go pull her out of her crib and bring her to our bed to watch shows on our phones... I needed more sleep, too! Ha ha! Eric was dead asleep in the photo above, but he still ended up cuddling with Mia and holding her hand while she watched a show, too sweet!
- I made breakfast for our favorite Father (which is no big deal any other day of the week, but Eric usually makes Sunday breakfasts!) which consisted of an egg white/spinach scramble and cinnamon rolls from a can, HA! Someday I'll attempt homemade cinnamon rolls.... maybe ;)
- After relaxing all morning we went to church, took afternoon naps and face timed our families to wish our amazing dad's a Happy Father's Day! Then we had a manly dinner of roast and potatoes ;)
- Eric ended the night by bathing Mia and getting her ready for bed, playing Snow White with her (tying a blanket around her neck to make a cape that Mia saw in a book, ha ha) and dancing with his little princess. Eric is such a hands on daddy and I couldn't be more grateful... it's no wonder that Mia is the exact picture of the heart eyes emoji anytime he's around :) I treated him to his very own Ben and Jerry's Tonight Dough ice cream to show my appreciation, ha ha!
Of course I had to snap a photo of my people before church... I don't know how she came up with that pose but it's too perfect! Eric picked this dress on our cruise down to Mexico a couple weeks ago and it's adorable on her! She loves it as much as we do!