Tuesday, October 21, 2014
happy 22 months to my love bug
- Mia's vocabulary is soaring and it's so fun to hear her mimic us and learn new words! She probably learns a word a day, but here are some that I remembered to write down. "papa", "see ya!", "pwwwease?" (please), "grma" (grandma), "dan!" (dance), "kitty", "go away" (courtesy of little friends... I think we squashed that before it could really become a habit, but I'm sure we will be hearing more of that in our future!), "hurrr" (hurt), "bupple" (apple), "guy/guys", "Sam" (my parents dog), "so-wys" (sorry), "amen", "potty", "flies" (we leave the door open when she plays out back, so we've had a lot of obnoxious flies in the house), "owie", "mine", "owight!" (alright), "r-rr" (water).
- She now shows us head, shoulders, knees, toes (like the song), feet, hands, chin, hair, head, tongue, teeth, eyes, ears, mouth, nose, lips... and tries to repeat the words as we ask her to point to them!
- One night (October 1st) Eric was working late so we face timed him before I put Mia to bed. As we were hanging up Eric said, "I love you!" Mia replied in gibberish ending in, "too!" We are positive that she said, "I love you, too!" in the best way she knew how. Hearts MELTED!
- She has started calling Eric "daddy" and it's so adorable! I'm still "momma" for the most part but every once in awhile she says "mom" or "mommy", but it's rare!
- Mia isn't really interested in potty training, but we sit her on the toilet each night before bath (where she lasts 2 seconds before grabbing toilet paper and flushing) but has yet to actually "use" the potty. But she's created a super fun game where she will flip the lid of the tiny toilet in her Tiny People house, try and sit on the toilet (or as close to it as possible), stand up and put the lid down (it makes the flushing noise) and pull her shirt down or her pants up, ha ha! She will do that on repeat for 5 minutes straight!
- On October 6th Mia took a swig rubbing alcohol. Not the funnest parenting moment. I called Poison Control asap and they told me to feed her to keep her blood sugar levels up, and that she might get drunk. Awesome. When they called back at the hour mark of consumption, she was still acting totally normal so they told me she should be fine! Phew!
- Mia is kind of obsessive about being clean! When we were painting pumpkins I stripped her down so that we wouldn't get paint on them. Anytime she noticed a drop of paint on her skin she would instantly get super worried, point and say, "uh oh! Oh no! Oh no, no, no!" until I wiped it off. Only then would she continue painting. Since then I've really noticed she runs to me for every little mark she finds on her skin, ha ha!
- We pulled out last year's winter clothes and most of them still fit... yes!! So she will be wearing last years clothes as she still fits in 6-9 month, 12 month and 18 month clothes. She is wearing size 4 and 5 shoes.
- She is still in size 4 diapers.
P.S. I'm selling some of Mia's old clothes and shoes (a lot of them are brand new with tags still attached) as well as a couple items from my closet on agirlycloset's Instagram account! Check it out here if you're interested!
Posted by Courtney B at 6:30 AM