Monday, April 25, 2011

happy easter (a day late)

I'd be lying if I said I didn't really care about Easter candy.  Let's be real, it's the best candy.  But that's not why I love Easter.  I love Easter because it brings everything back into perspective.  I focus less on myself, and more on Christ.  I am reminded to be a better example, to live my life through my Savior.  He provided the ultimate sacrifice, so that I may have the opportunity to live with Him again.  Every day is more hopeful, every mistake less painful and every joy is just a little sweeter knowing that our Savior provided a way to return to Heavenly Father.  I am eternally grateful.

I love Easter because we get to celebrate the life of Jesus Christ.  I know without a doubt that He lives! 


p.s.  Am I the only one who got up at the crack of dawn this morning to go buy Easter candy on clearance, before all the good kinds were gone?! :)

13 comments:

m&msmommy said...

Beautiful post! I completley agree!!! :)

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter! :)

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

BEAUTIFUL! Hope you had the happiest Easter. xo

meme-and-he said...

AMEN! well put :)

Simplyheather said...

Best reason to love Easter. I didn't get up early to buy Easter candy this year, I was so tired from the long day I had Saturday so I slept in. I think Yesterday was the first time I slept in on a Holiday LOL

Megan said...

Beautifully said!! I was going to buy some Easter candy this afternoon, but that aisle was absolutely INSANE! So I skipped it. Haha.

Alexis Kaye said...

You are too funny! I was just thinking about how I want to go buy some clearance candy!!! And I'm with ya, I love me some redemption too!

Pupottina said...

beautiful post!

Renee said...

Happy belated easter!

P! said...

I know I'm late (I've been out of blog world for a few days), but Happy Easter and thank you for writing such a beautiful post!!

ConnieB said...

I love it! Happy (belated) Easter!

..I TOTALLY would've done the candy sales but I wasn't about to take the kiddos w me that early. lol (;

from head 2 toe said...

Beautiful post!

derekandbeccasmith.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

LOVE THIS!

Job and Rachael said...

Beautiful post. Thanks for sharing this wonderful reminder!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!