Thursday, March 31, 2016

where were we?


Last week Eric and I got to enjoy another family vacation at... Disneyland! Eric's family planned a trip for spring break and we couldn't resist inviting ourselves along! It was crazy crowded (never going during spring break again!), there were times Eric and I wanted to kill each other (HA!) and it was a totally exhausting trip... but we would do it all over again in a heartbeat! It was so magical for Mia, we had so much fun and loved making those memories with the Brinkerhoff's! I'm actually still recovering from the vacation blue's knowing that we won't be going back to Disneyland for a long time... I hope the magic isn't gone for Mia when we do go back!

Our first day at Disneyland was both a success AND fail! Success: we met all the characters on Mia's list and then some! We met Rapunzel and Flinn Ryder, Tinker Bell and the water fairy, Jasmine and Aladdin, Princess Tiana and best of all, a special meet up with our favorite Ariel! Mia got to hold her hand and walk with her to "her spot" then they hugged, talked and danced together... with more hugging in between all of that! It was just the sweetest and Mia was in heaven! It's funny to think back when Eric and I went to Disneyland when Mia was just 6 months old. I remember having the conversation that people who stood in line for the characters were crazy and we would never waste our time doing that... psych! Totally eating our words now and loving every minute of it! Not the waiting in line part, but watching Mia interact with the characters! Pure magic!
Mia was so excited to meet up with grandma and papa and all of her cousins! It's the first time in well over a year and a half since the whole family has all been together, too long! We didn't stay together very long but Mia was thrilled to know that family was in the park! We ate our way through Disney and rode all Mia and James friendly rides! We have nailed down the perfect time to go on "It's a Small World" so that we literally just walk on and it's amazing (for a ride that we don't love but Mia can't get enough of, ha ha!) We remembered to play at Toon Town as well and Mia had so much fun!

Fail: We cut out early so that I could go to the urgent care... LAME! I sprained my finger a few days before my trip, but the pain and swelling escalated over night before our drive down to California. I just kept praying that it would get better on it's own, but after 2 days of misery I couldn't take it anymore. At that point I was worried I broke my finger and it needed to be set... so I got to spend 3 hours of my night at the urgent care, UGH! Thank heavens we found an urgent care directly across the street from our hotel so I was able to walk over and Eric put the kids to bed! And thank heavens it just turned out to be a severe sprain, but what an expensive diagnosis that took away from our fun, ha ha! From now on I WILL go to the doctor BEFORE driving out of town if there is the slightest question in mind whether I should go or not ;)

Meeting Rapunzel was at the top of Mia's list and we got to do that first thing when we got to Disneyland!
She was so star struck with Tinker Bell and loved her way more than I thought she would! They kept touching foreheads and it was SO sweet! Of course I never caught that on camera :(
Jasmine is playing hide and seek with Pascal (Rapunzel's chameleon) and Mia was totally eating it up, ha ha! She get switching "Pascal" from shoulder to shoulder the rest of the day. So cute!
The sweetest hugs during our special meet with our favorite Ariel!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Minus the sprain it sounds and looks like it was such a cute trip!
PS I have loved seeing Mia on Snap---she's even more adorable in videos :)

P!nky said...

Glad y'all had such a wonderful trip, minus the sprain. Such a great experience for everyone!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Character lines can definitely be crazy but they are so fun when you have a little kiddo that likes that sort of thing!

Brittany said...

This is so cute! I loved all your snaps of her interactions with the characters! It's crazy how exciting it can be for a kid - I still have my autograph book from my trip to Disney World when I was six! Haha...such awesome memories. I hope your finger is feeling better now!

Unknown said...

Love these pictures! We just got back from Disneyland yesterday and I'm so excited to go through ours :)

Mandie said...

I love, love, love the picture of Mia with Rapunzel & Flynn. So cute! It looks like she had a great time meeting those characters. :)

Vanessa Esperanza said...

How fun! I love all of these pictures! Her little face is priceless. xo

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!