Wednesday, March 30, 2016

a hoppy Easter indeed


We are experiencing a bit of the holiday blues now that Easter is over... the next holiday is just too far away for our liking, ha ha! I'm gonna have to make one up just to keep Mia happy since she bases time off of the next holiday we get to celebrate ;)
Easter Sunday was a perfect day! We enjoyed the most beautiful weather, spent our morning at church and we all got a nap, hallelujah! My sweet cousin hosted an amazing Easter dinner and egg hunt again this year and we had SO much fun! The food was delicious, Mia had a blast playing with cousins and hunting eggs, and we loved being able to spend time with family! We were all sad to have this day come to an end.
I went awol by accident last week so I never blogged about our Easter fun the weekend before the holiday, so for documenting sake, I want to recap the "eggstravaganza" we attended. Our community puts it on each year but we missed it last year so we were super excited to take Mia this year and it did not disappoint! Of course there was an egg hunt that lasted all of 2 minutes, ha ha! Kids are dang fast these days ;) But there were giant bounce houses and slides, vendor booths/food, face painting (which I didn't tell Mia about because we had family pictures shortly after and she never would have forgiven me if I made her wash it off, ha!), a petting zoo and Mia's favorite part?! PONY RIDES! It was such a fun morning and we loved watching Mia soak up the festivities!
Just for fun, take a peak at our Easter celebration last year and see how much Mia has grown since then... and James! I was 14 weeks along last year and announced our exciting news day after Easter :)

Dress c/o FabKids
Of course the best photo was caught on snapchat (weird sizing) follow along @courtneybrink

6 comments:

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Love the pony rides! Earth Day is next month...go big!

BLovedBoston said...

It's crazy what a difference a year makes - such a fun easter as a family of 4 for you guys! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

Erin LFF said...

Love it! Mia looks SO different from last year to this year! :)

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

I totally hear you on the holiday blues. It makes me so bummed out that Easter was so early. Looks like you guys had a great one though.

Caroline The Petite Fashionista said...

Soo cute!! I am happy that you guys had a fun Easter weekend and I LOVE your bright pink top!!! :-)

Ashley Brickner said...

ADORABLE! And I feel ya - so I'm going with mother's day. Not quite as exciting, haha!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!